5.0 out of 5 stars Big Smelly Fun!
This is a very cute story about the virtues of bathing, as seen through the eyes of a bear who has a distinct lack of personal hygiene skills.

Just looking at the cover, the comparisons with Eric Carle's style will be inevitable (something that the publishers seem to have intended, considering the layout).

The story is simple, but clever. Big Smelly...
Published on March 25, 2008 by R. Silva

3.0 out of 5 stars love to read books to my grandchildren
I had read this book in school.
When I received my copy I was a bit dissapointed because it was very flimsy.
I don't think it will hold up as well as the copy I read at school
Definately was NOT hard copy which was what I expected.
Published on October 23, 2012 by cstauffer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Smelly Fun!, March 25, 2008
This review is from: Big Smelly Bear (Paperback)

The story is simple, but clever. Big Smelly Bear never bathes. The only creatures who want to come near him are flies. The other forest animals all ran to get away from his stink.

But when Big Smelly Bear needs a friend to scratch an itch that he can't reach, he might finally have to take that dreaded bath. He may even find that his friendship with Big Fluffy Bear is worth the trouble of an occasional dunking in the river.

Kids will giggle over the title and the main character, and the book gives some good positive reinforcement about baths, as well as some lessons in friendship. The illustrations are colorful and fun, and the book is a good length for a quick bedtime story with big legible print for youngsters to follow along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Silly Fun, August 21, 2009
This review is from: Big Smelly Bear (Paperback)
Big Smelly Bear was followed by flies wherever he went, but all the other animals stayed far away. You see, Big Smelly Bear never took a bath. And he never wanted to, until the day he got an unscratchable itch.

Children will be amused by the bear's unsuccessful attempts at scratching that itch, and be particularly delighted by the back-and-forth dialogue between Big Smelly Bear and his wiser, cleaner counterpart, Big Fluffy Bear: "...I don't need a bath"/"Yes, you do,"/"No, I don't"/"YES, you do,"/etc.)

Parents might get a few more willing bathtimes out of this book, but be prepared to read the story again and again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Smelly Bear, July 6, 2009
Therese Jones (Southington, CT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Smelly Bear (Hardcover)
This book was a hit with all of my grandchildren but especially with my 2 grandsons who are both 2 years old (3 months apart). They were mesmerized by the illustrations of the bear, the flies buzzing around him, and finally the last illustration of the bear bathing in the pond with the rubber duck. Both boys love taking baths and playing in the water and seeing/hearing a story about a smelly bear needing a bath captured their interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to own it after we kept it from the library for as long as was allowed!, July 22, 2014
This review is from: Big Smelly Bear (Board book)
Who doesn't like to read about a big bear who stinks up the forest!? The only part about this book I am not terribly fond of is when the two bears have a little shouting match of "no I'm not!"/"yes you are!", mostly because I try not to encourage shouting loudly to win in a disagreement. However, overall, the pictures are adorable (better in the hardcover version than the board book) and the story is sweet as well as encouraging good hygiene! I imagine bid smelly bear as having a voice like you do when your nose is stuffy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun story, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Big Smelly Bear (Hardcover)
I like reading this book with my daughter. It's a fun story and the illustrations are adorable. This is a book I'll order extras of to use as a kid birthday or baby shower present.

5.0 out of 5 stars kids love it, March 9, 2014
This review is from: Big Smelly Bear (Hardcover)
A nice simple story with clear illustrations. My mild special needs preschool class was thoroughly engaged. Good book to use when discussing The Five Senses (sense of smell, of course!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Smelly Bear, February 15, 2014
Don Cummins (mckinney, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Smelly Bear (Board book)
Recently gave this for a baby gift. It was a favorite of my grandchildren's. The new parents were delighted to receive it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the size and story!, February 12, 2014
This review is from: Big Smelly Bear (Hardcover)
My daughter first read this book at her occupational therapists' office. I loved how huge the book was. It's definitely over-sized but I really love it. The story is quite cute too. We read it often!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the new favorites, January 8, 2014
This review is from: Big Smelly Bear (Board book)
We bought mostly books for our toddler for Christmas and this is one of her new favorites. I ordered Grumpy Cat for her birthday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book...., January 7, 2014
This review is from: Big Smelly Bear (Board book)
My Grand daughters give this funny book two thumbs up... It is one their new favorite bed time stories next to "Grumpy Cat"

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Big Smelly Bear
Big Smelly Bear by Britta Teckentrup (Hardcover - March 1, 2007)
Used & New from: $0.95