4.0 out of 5 stars Super Size Mctruck Meal
If you have a child who is interested in trucks, this is a good bet. It's a big sturdy board book, great for little hands. It's loaded with photographs of real trucks- farm trucks, fire trucks, big rigs, construction vehicles, many of which we see on a daily basis around town.
Published on January 17, 2004 by S. Jalbert

1.0 out of 5 stars This Book Is Not Accurate
Published on May 1, 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Size Mctruck Meal, January 17, 2004
My son will soon be two, and he has enjoyed this book practically since he was born. It's one of those books that grows with your child. When he was smaller we would just point to the trucks, identify them, and talk about what they did. When he got older, we would say the name of a truck and he would point to it. Now he's pointing and telling us what each truck is...you get the idea. It's also a great way to learn colors, (Show me the red truck!) and parts of cars. (Where are the headlights?)
Two years ago, I couldn't tell a backhoe from a forklift. Now I'm a pro, and so is my son, thanks in part to this book. Although I do have to say, a couple of the construction vehicles are mislabeled, a minor annoyance. They also have an animal book in this series, which is cute. The Big Train Book, however, is a big yawn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good book for kids interested in trucks, June 14, 2003
By A Customer
My 18 month old son LOVES trucks and anything with a diesel engine. When we're driving or out somewhere he is always excited to see them pass by.
Our friend had this book for her son and as soon as my son saw it he had to have it, too. Now he will lie down on the floor and study each picture very closely. He will spend hours looking at this book. After he started to "read" this book (with a little help from me and his dad) he now calls the different vehicles by their proper names. Everything used to be a truck - now it's a BUS! or a FIRE TRUCK! or MAIL TRUCK!(imagine him yelling in excitement).
It is a hard page, large book (about 10" x 10"). It has real photographs with bright colors in the background. Each page is dedicated to a different category of truck such as construction or emergency. Each photo is titled and each page has a question like "Which truck takes away your trash." My husband is mildly annoyed with some of the descriptions because they call a backhoe a digger and a mini excavator a mini digger. This is the reason I have given this book 4 stars instead of 5.
I would highly recommend this book to any young child who is interested in trucks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book... Needs corrected, however, May 8, 2004
csm (The great Midwest!) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
As stated by the previous reviewer, this book does have quite a few errors in the description of the equipment pictured. Yes, definitely a disk and a plow are two different things but I think that the author may have used plow in an attempt to describe what a disk does (sorta but not really). Although not accurate, the book is very interesting but definitely needs to be republished with the corrections. City folks need to know the proper names for all the farm equipment listed. It's very interesting and you just never know when you'll need to know stuff like that. Otherwise, it's a great book and very interesting to read - my son loves it but I also made the corrections! As a published writer myself, I find it very disappointing that the publisher was in too much of a hurry to sufficiently and properly edit the book. Might need a new editing staff there!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Loves It!, August 2, 2006
I bought this for my 18 month old son. I can not tell you how much he loves it. He is constantly dragging it over to me saying "car, car, vroom, vroom" It is too funny. We have had it for a couple of months already and he has never tired of it. I would highly recommend it! PS..My son is pretty strong (and head strong!) so I can tell you that it holds up under any kind of play

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun introduction to things that go VROOOOM!!, January 8, 2008
From the time my son first learned to talk, he has shown a fierce curiosity about what things are called, especially the things he sees when we are driving around. I was so pleased with Priddy's My Big Animal Book (Priddy Bicknell Big Ideas for Little People) that I picked up My Big Truck Book to help him identify various vehicles as well as to build his growing vocabulary. The book was a tremendous success on both levels.

The book features large, sturdy pages that catalog a variety of farm, construction, rescue, and other vehicles. The photos are large and colorful, and never fail to capture my son's attention. Between this book and My Big Animal Book, my son's vocabulary and understanding of the world around him increased by leaps and bounds. I still remember the first time we drove by a construction site and I heard him shouting "Backhoe! Mini excavator! Dump truck!" The book also allowed us to use his curiosity about vehicles and fascination with the pictures to teach him about the vehicles' functions, colors, and sizes.

My son is two years old now and more interested in storybooks, plus he knows the vehicles in this book front to back. That doesn't keep him from taking this book off the shelf time after time just to enjoy seeing his favorite trucks, tractor, and construction equipment.

I highly recommend this durable, colorful, and inexpensive book to all parents of curious toddlers. As teaching aids go, My Big Truck Book has proven far more effective than many a high-priced electronic gadget or DVD.

1.0 out of 5 stars This Book Is Not Accurate, May 1, 2004
By A Customer
My three year old son received this book as a gift with mere excitement, only to be devastated. While the pictures are bold and bright the context (name of the pictures) are completely false! Even my three year old knows that a disk (farm equipment picture) is not a Plow. Come on Roger Priddy do you and your high priced publishing firm not do any research before writing your books? It is obvious that this author, Roger Priddy, is more concerned with making money while teaching children wrong information. This picture book contains 40 photographs with name depiction and of the 40 pictures 11 are named incorrectly! There is better children's literature out there, this guy is a joke!

5.0 out of 5 stars Son won't let me stop reading it, March 24, 2006
My son got this when he was 14 months and it has consistently been a favorite. Even several weeks after getting the book, he would have someone read it to him multiple times. He'll also happily "read" it himself.

The pictures are good quality with bold colors. There's a wide variety of vehicles presented, with some of the more fun ones as larger pictures.

The book itself is very physically sturdy and hasn't worn the edges as much as our other books, in spite of regular use. I very, very highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book for 1 year old, March 26, 2013
This review is from: My Big Truck Book (My Big Board Books) (Board book)
He likes big board books and is just getting interested in trucks. Read reviews about truck names being more descriptive of some trucks function than than totally accurate. I don't think he cares. He and his dad "read" it together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and fun for a truck's fan, January 9, 2012
Celeste (colorado, usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Big Truck Book (My Big Board Books) (Board book)
This is a big bright sturdy book whit colorful pictures of real trucks, my son loves trucks and he can read his book for long time (I consider 15 minutes long for my 3year old) and just go over and over at this point he had memorized all the names, he has several trucks, transportation, machines etc..kind of books and to be honest, almost all the books have the same pictures but he loves a new book! and this one is nice.

I just got this book, it is a 2011 edition and the error mentioned in another review about the "tractor plow" had been corrected and it reads "tractor and disc".
I will say that my favorite transportation picture book is "Let's get moving (My first DK publishing)" it has more vehicules not only trucks and 28 pages insted of just 12, it's smaller and not as sturdy but it has hold on.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Big Truck Book (from Amazon), October 11, 2011
This review is from: My Big Truck Book (My Big Board Books) (Board book)
My 3 year old grandson LOVED this book. It has big beautiful, colorful pictures of construction equipment which wowed him. He was more excited about this book than he was with his new trucks and toys! What a winner!

My Big Truck Book (My Big Board Books)
My Big Truck Book (My Big Board Books) by Roger Priddy (Board book - May 10, 2011)
$7.99 $6.06