Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Board book|Change

on January 17, 2004
If you have a child who is interested in trucks, this is a good bet. It's a big sturdy board book, great for little hands. It's loaded with photographs of real trucks- farm trucks, fire trucks, big rigs, construction vehicles, many of which we see on a daily basis around town.
My son will soon be two, and he has enjoyed this book practically since he was born. It's one of those books that grows with your child. When he was smaller we would just point to the trucks, identify them, and talk about what they did. When he got older, we would say the name of a truck and he would point to it. Now he's pointing and telling us what each truck is...you get the idea. It's also a great way to learn colors, (Show me the red truck!) and parts of cars. (Where are the headlights?)
Two years ago, I couldn't tell a backhoe from a forklift. Now I'm a pro, and so is my son, thanks in part to this book. Although I do have to say, a couple of the construction vehicles are mislabeled, a minor annoyance. They also have an animal book in this series, which is cute. The Big Train Book, however, is a big yawn.
on June 14, 2003
My 18 month old son LOVES trucks and anything with a diesel engine. When we're driving or out somewhere he is always excited to see them pass by.
Our friend had this book for her son and as soon as my son saw it he had to have it, too. Now he will lie down on the floor and study each picture very closely. He will spend hours looking at this book. After he started to "read" this book (with a little help from me and his dad) he now calls the different vehicles by their proper names. Everything used to be a truck - now it's a BUS! or a FIRE TRUCK! or MAIL TRUCK!(imagine him yelling in excitement).
It is a hard page, large book (about 10" x 10"). It has real photographs with bright colors in the background. Each page is dedicated to a different category of truck such as construction or emergency. Each photo is titled and each page has a question like "Which truck takes away your trash." My husband is mildly annoyed with some of the descriptions because they call a backhoe a digger and a mini excavator a mini digger. This is the reason I have given this book 4 stars instead of 5.
I would highly recommend this book to any young child who is interested in trucks.
From the time my son first learned to talk, he has shown a fierce curiosity about what things are called, especially the things he sees when we are driving around. I was so pleased with Priddy's My Big Animal Book (Priddy Bicknell Big Ideas for Little People) that I picked up My Big Truck Book to help him identify various vehicles as well as to build his growing vocabulary. The book was a tremendous success on both levels.

The book features large, sturdy pages that catalog a variety of farm, construction, rescue, and other vehicles. The photos are large and colorful, and never fail to capture my son's attention. Between this book and My Big Animal Book, my son's vocabulary and understanding of the world around him increased by leaps and bounds. I still remember the first time we drove by a construction site and I heard him shouting "Backhoe! Mini excavator! Dump truck!" The book also allowed us to use his curiosity about vehicles and fascination with the pictures to teach him about the vehicles' functions, colors, and sizes.

My son is two years old now and more interested in storybooks, plus he knows the vehicles in this book front to back. That doesn't keep him from taking this book off the shelf time after time just to enjoy seeing his favorite trucks, tractor, and construction equipment.

I highly recommend this durable, colorful, and inexpensive book to all parents of curious toddlers. As teaching aids go, My Big Truck Book has proven far more effective than many a high-priced electronic gadget or DVD.
on March 24, 2006
My son got this when he was 14 months and it has consistently been a favorite. Even several weeks after getting the book, he would have someone read it to him multiple times. He'll also happily "read" it himself.

The pictures are good quality with bold colors. There's a wide variety of vehicles presented, with some of the more fun ones as larger pictures.

The book itself is very physically sturdy and hasn't worn the edges as much as our other books, in spite of regular use. I very, very highly recommend it.
on June 3, 2016
My daughter has an assortment of books to choose from at bedtime, and this is the one book she selects every night. (We usually read about three before bed.) It is a large board book with photographs of various trucks and farm/construction equipment. It does have some basic text like "Which farm truck has a black bucket?" in addition to the name of each truck. One thing that bugs me, and me only--my daughter does not care--is that there is a van on the busy town trucks page. Obviously, a van is not a truck. But that's just me. If you have a little boy or girl in your life who loves trucks, they need this book!
on February 4, 2016
If your child loves truck this is the book! What sets it apart from other truck books (Which we have many of in my house) Is that each page has an interactive question, like : "What truck would take your trash away?" , "What truck has a big black bucket?" or "How would you climb into the tractor?" It helps kids with an interest in trucks learn more about their purposes and features. Also some of the photos are very large which gives the kids a great look at the details on some of these trucks. My 2 year old will sit alone in his room and look at this book for quite a while. 5 stars!
on December 4, 2015
A must-have for toddler car / truck lovers. My son calls this the "tractor book," which he requests every night before bed. He loves learning the names of the various trucks. He's crazy about trucks, babbles about them all the time (he's 21 months). We own about ~5-6 other truck books, but this is his favorite. The large, realistic pictures are impressive to him (especially the large green tractor on one of the pages). Because of what he learned from this book, he can now point out the various types of trucks when we're driving on the freeway. Even my husband and I don't know all the names of these vehicles, but he does! Very worthwhile investment for the toddler truck fanatic.
on June 14, 2016
My toddler loves this book! It is 5 full page spreads (10 total pages). Page themes are: Construction Trucks, Farm Trucks, Busy Town Trucks, Emergency Trucks, and Big Trucks. His favorite page is the Busy Town Trucks, which includes a trash truck and big rigs. I do wish there was another page of these types of trucks. I took off one star because I expected the book to be a bit longer with a better variety of trucks featured.

Overall it's a great book for little truck fans.
on January 30, 2016
My 1 year old has recently developed an obsession with trucks, sprung from watching the garbage truck drive by our house a few weeks ago. He loves this book. It's a large board book that consists of pictures of many different types of trucks along with the types labeled. My husband and I have probably read it to him over 100 times already. Yeah, he loves it.

Some of the trucks are clearly dated - the pictures look like they are models from the late 80's or early 90's. It's copyright 2002, edition published 2011. The book itself was manufactured in January 2015.
on November 18, 2015
I bought this book as a gift for my nephew who adores trucks. The book itself is rather large. It surprised me, but I don't see this as a negative. This is a board book so the pages are very strong. The pictures are sharp with vivid colors behind each picture. If you are in the market for a book that teaches kids about the different types of trucks then look no further. This is the best one I've come across, and I've seen a lot since my nephew has loves trucks.