1,943 Reviews
 (1,548)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute comfort
Published on November 6, 2011 by bogart the consumer

3.0 out of 5 stars tea is good but labeling misleading
Bigelow tea in general is usually pretty good and the Earl Grey is a hit at the hotel I manager. For English however I prefer PG Tips but that's just my preference.

Published on October 22, 2011 by Fridayonmymind

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute comfort, November 6, 2011
I'm waiting for the FDA to classify Bigelow's Organic Green Tea as a controlled substance. I find that many green teas have a raspy, grating edge. With traditional green teas, if you leave the bag in the water for a nano-second too long, you get this vile concoction that you can use for staining pine cabinets. Perhaps even worse are those teas that employ some kind of artificial fruit sensation. It certainly isn't fruit, but the essence of fruit overwhelms the taste of the tea.

The Bigelow Organic Green Tea is unadulterated harmony. I switch to this tea from coffee at work at about 11am. No jitters, and something warm and comforting on my desk for the rest of the day. I find that I don't even need to remove the tea bag from my travel mug. The tea just grows deeper and more nuanced as it steeps longer and longer. This stuff is wonderful.

Each box contains ten hermetically sealed foil envelopes. There are four bags in each envelope. Tear one open, take out a bag, then fold over the envelope to keep the remaining bags fresh. You don't have to worry about the tea becoming desiccated. If you love smooth, natural tea, I think you'll like this green tea.

3.0 out of 5 stars tea is good but labeling misleading, October 22, 2011

I ordered this tea for the 97 room hotel I work at, to put in the rooms. 240 bags of tea at an awesome price! However, when I opened the tea up, we found that while yes, there is 240 bags, they are packaged 4 bags to a pouch. Maybe I overlooked this in the description somewhere. I checked again but did not see that anywhere.

But now I know and hopefully this will help someone else. if you are looking for individually wrapped tea bags, do not get the 40 count box packs! Get the 20 count ones! (works out to be the same price)

5.0 out of 5 stars So handy to be able to purchase this from Amazon!, September 29, 2006
C. Phillips (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
I love this tea, especially for making iced tea, and it is very hard to find reliably in our local grocery stores. How nice to be able to order it right from Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband's favorite tea., February 2, 2007
SunWindMom (Rochester, NH United States) - See all my reviews
The stores around here don't sell Cinnamon Tea. I agree with my husband that this is a really good tea!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 7, 2007
The bags come wrapped 4 in a little packet, 10 packets to a box, 6 boxes total. The packets can easily travel with you. One also helps me see exactly how many cups of tea I've had in a day! Start out with one packet opened in the AM. When it is finished, I know I've made 4 cups of tea.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love My "I Love Lemon Herbal Tea", February 6, 2007
If you like lemon you will love "I Love Lemon"! I have been drinking this tea for years and have never lost my taste for it. If you make a second cup of tea from the same tea bag it has a more lemony flavor as the Rose Hips dissolved out in the first cup. Two different teas in the same tea bag!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're sick, this is the ticket to feeling better!!, December 12, 2006
K. "daisy4given" (Northern Arizona, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I recently had a bout with a nasty little sinus-infection & strep, and this tea was the only thing that got me through the day!!
Serve it up hot with a teaspoon of honey and it will instantly clear your head and soothe your throat. Even if you don't like tea, if you feel miserable, you need to drink some of this!
I prefer the decaf version so that i can drink it all day and night, but the caffeinated version is just as tasty and effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Going Green, with Flavor, October 24, 2008
BooksieDaisy (The Lone Star State) - See all my reviews
I'm sure I don't need to enumerate to this customer base the benefits of green tea: We've seen it in our family over and over again. Appetite control, nutrients, energy, healing properties--the list could go on. However, green tea alone isn't exactly going to win any taste tests for the uninitiated.

The whole family enjoys this Bigelow Jasmine brew. We consume it in criminal quantities because it lacks the bitterness of other green teas. It is light, flavorful, and inviting. Add it to your Amazon shopping list, and you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flavor, March 18, 2010
I really like this tea. I have been drinking bigelow Eggnoggin but find this tea to have more flavor, not as light as the eggnogg one. I also get more of a kick from the caffeine in this tea. All in all, I subscribed to it for every 6 months, what a great way to buy groceries this is, cheaper than in the store and THEY pay the shipping. Highly recommend subscription.

3.0 out of 5 stars A very bland and uninteresting green tea, November 29, 2009
Bigelow Green Tea is available everywhere in American supermarkets, but it's just not a very good green tea. It produces an amber-colored brew that lacks the crisp tannin flavors that should be in quality green tea. With the prominent drawing of Mount Fuji and distinctive Shinto torii (Itsukushima, a UNESCO world heritage site) on the box, you might think this is Japanese green tea. It is not. No information is listed on where it is grown, except that it is "packaged and blended in the USA".

Green tea is very good for health because of the abundance of catechins and flavinoids (antioxidant compounds) and has half the caffeine of black tea. Good Japanese green tea produces tea that is clear pale yellow-green, or very dark green, depending on the tea grade. These helpful chemicals, however, get mostly destroyed during roasting. Catechins are also responsible for the bright aroma and astringent taste of green tea, which is lacking in this product. With its brown leaf particles (see my photo comparison in gallery) and resulting brown liquid, Bigelow is more like hojicha, a roasted green tea. The flavor is very thin and I have to use 2 bags per cup of tea.

A much better quality tea is Kirkland Signature Green Tea Matcha Blend, 100% Japanese Tea Leaves, which is surprisingly good for a tea sold in non-specialty supermarkets. It is made by Ito-En, one of Japan's biggest beverage makers. I first heard about it because it is the tea used by staff at the Japanese Embassy in DC.

As for directions, the ideal temperature for green tea 70-80°C, NOT boiling (100°C) as the product description recommends. Sugar is seldom added to green tea, though it is frequently enjoyed cold.

Bigelow Green Tea with Peach, 20-Count Boxes (Pack of 6)
$19.20 $16.72