Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on April 15, 2011
Well, I ordered several Diabetic recipe books recently. This one is produced by better homes and gardens. It features a really good variety of recipes. The Preparation and cooking times listed are accurate. The Carb and calorie counts are accurate as well. My copy came spiral bound so that it opens flat to make it an easy reference while cooking. I have tried several of the recipes and found every one to be delicious. If I could offer any suggestions on how to improve the book the only one for me would be to add the glycemic load for each of the dishes.

If you only buy 1 Diabetic recipe book, this is the one.
33 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2005
The newest cookbook from Better Homes and Gardens, this culinary compendium of more than 300 recipes specially designed for the nutritional needs and restrictions imposed by diabetes is spiral bound, features easy-to-read type for comfortable cooking, is enhanced with 32 full-color photos, notes total carb counts for every recipe, offers "doable" strategies for managing diabetes from counting exchanges to tracking down hidden sugar, and is ideal for planning meals on a daily and weekly basis. From Asparagus & Potato Skillet; Spiced Pot Roast with Root Vegetables; Cilantro Chicken with Peanuts; and Spicy Jalapeno-Shrimp Pasta; to Acorn Squash Bisque; Lasagna with Zucchini & Walnuts; Southwestern Breakfast Tostadas; and Cherry Cobbler with Corn Bread Biscuits, each recipes comprising Better Homes And Gardens Biggest Book Of Diabetic Recipes, has preparation times, bake times, oven temperatures, number of servings, and "Exchanges" information. If you have a diabetic in your family, then your kitchen cookbook collection would be wonderfully enhanced for them and your whole family's dining experience with the inclusion of the Better Homes And Gardens Biggest Book Of Diabetic Recipes!
66 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2011
This is a must for Diabetic, It has every thing from morning to last snack of the day. Im a new diabetic and wanted to start out right and the Library only gives you 3 weeks so this would be a great cookbook for anyone whos wants to start eatting with great tasty recipes
on December 12, 2008
The recipes in this book are incredible -- you'd never know they are "diet" recipes. The flavor in these recipes is unbelievable. Just goes to show that you can eat healthy and have great flavor too.

I highly recommend this book for anyone, diabetic or not.
on October 26, 2011
The recipes are flavorful with reduced fats and carbs. The writers definitely knew how to use spices and flavorings. My husband has used 70 recipes in the book and I get to eat them. There have been very few recipes that I haven't liked. He follows the recipes as written. We have bought three additional books for our children to enjoy, too.
on July 14, 2008
I am not one to use Cookbooks only because I love to experiment. Yet, I did purchase this one for various reasons.

I have tried several recipes and they all have been Surperb. The ingridents are those that most kitchens have.

All recipes are easy to do.

My Husband was shocked on how wonderful they all have been since they came out a DIABETIC Cookbook.

Highly recommend this item and the price fair.

I purchased at a well known bookstore.

Happy Cooking!!!

B
on October 10, 2011
The recipes in this cookbook are outstanding! Great fresh food, clean taste, and wholesome! My glucose has gone down and has stayed down following these receipes. GREAT for anyone with diabetes and needing to curb their carb intake.
on March 3, 2006
Lots of great recipes that healthful for anyone. The nutrition information is most helpful and the recipes are not overly complicated if cooking is not your thing.
on June 12, 2014
Some recipes (not even counting the desserts) can have over 60g of carbs per meal. My question is, how could anyone ever use this unless they're on blood sugar lowering medication like insulin? Metformin is the go-to medication for type 2s, and these recipes are not for Metformin/Glucophage users due to the carb content.

I opened this book the first day I got it... Then gave it to my rabbit to tear up the next day to keep him from chewing the furniture. Luckily, it's cheap enough that it wasn't a massive disappointment, and the panic of being diagnosed has passed so I've learned how to eat properly on my own and formulate my own recipes to keep myself within a healthy range to prevent future complications of the disease.
on March 9, 2012
I have only tried one recipe so far but looking through it, I LOVE this book. Most of the recipes call for "normal" ingredients. I have had a really hard time finding that in other books and I have MANY. Very pleased with this purchase.