Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 13, 2006
Last year I weighed 530 pounds. After being inspired by the TV show The Biggest Loser, I have lost 140 pounds so far. I still have about 200 more pounds to go. I KNOW that with recipes and meals like the ones featured in this book, that I will be able to reach my weight loss goals. The thing that I appreciate most about this cookbook is that the recipes are simple and easy to follow. I am a bachelor and am not an experienced cook but this book makes me look like a pro. I have been asked by so many people how I've lost the amount of weight that I have. The answer is simple...eat less (make healthier food choices and portion control), move more (daily exercise) and drink lots of water. The Biggest Loser has shown me how to lose my weight - The Biggest Loser Cookbook is helping to keep me going!! PS The Blueberry Pancakes are out of this world! Yumm!!
2727 comments|268 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2006
I've recently taken up the hobby of buying cookbooks which, it was believed, would help me eat properly and lose weight. I've spent a LOT of time and money researching ways to lose weight healthily and tastily. I'm not a big cook and most of the cookbooks I have bought recently left my mouth-watering but not satisfied.

Not so with this cookbook! The recipes are the simplest things I've ever made. I made the Not Really Fried Rice this last weekend, and it was so simple and tasty! Tonight, we are eating the Jerk Salmon. My favorite things to snack on to satisfy my sweet tooth are the graham-wiches. They are so tasty and so low in calories I don't have to worry about it!

I've never counted calories before so the first week was a little hard for me to get used to - that and being careful about what I eat. But now, I feel like a pro and have total confidence on what I put into my body! Plus, the recipes have really added some 'spice' to our otherwise boring and mundane meal-plan.

I have both the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Program and now the cookbook. I have lost four pounds in the last two weeks. I highly recommend this cookbook for anyone wanting to lose weight and do it healthily! This is a great investment in your health!
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2006
at how much I like this book. It has recipes in it that are good and good for you, even if you are not struggling (too much) with weight.

The book includes over 125 recipes developed by a chef who was well known as a celebrity chef for her good tasting but still good for you recipes.

I gave this 4 stars because there is a section in the beginning that profiles all the people who have been on The Biggest Loser, which was not my favorite part of the book, but for the TV show fans, they might like it. And, there is another chapter that is listed as the Biggest Loser exercise plan, but it really does not go into any depth at all, and just mentions how good exercise is for you.

However, then you get to the other chapters, beginning with the 4-3-2-1 food pyramid, which guides you to how many servings of each food group are suggested if you want to plan a menu. That makes it pretty easy to plan. The rest of the chapters are Breakfasts; Hearty Snacks; Sandwiches, Soups and Stews; Sides and Salads; Main Courses; and Sweet Snacks. This is the real "meat" of the book (pun intended). Some recipes were not to my taste, but some, like the Breakfast Sausage or the Ground Turkey Nachos, or especially the Chicken Lettuce Wraps, are quite good tasting.

There are photos of some, but not all of the foods, but each offering does have calorie and nutrition counts included.

This could be a good addition to your cookbook shelf(ves), if you are looking for a calorie minded, but real food cookbook.
on February 12, 2007
I was disappointed in this book, though the other reviews should have served as a warning. This book contains a lot of information about the "plan" - diet and exercise - and the show - trainers and contestants - before it gets to the recipes. Once you get to the recipes, quite a few of them show the influence of the author's other cookbook seeming almost fast-food like, while still others, coming from the contestants themselves show their own styles and preferences. For that reason, there were fewer recipes that really excited me than I had hoped. Still, there are some definite "keepers" and if you are a fan of the show, you will like this book.
0Comment|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2006
I don't cook, but I have found Ms. Alexander's recipe's to be easy to follow and very tasty too! I can't believe that they are low cal and low fat, because they are very high in taste!
on November 15, 2006
Love it, Love it, Love it ... ... you have all opened up "diet" cookbooks hoping there is that little secret in there on how to eat what you love and be healthy at the same time and the pictures look great and then you cook it and blahhh!!! Well that is NOT this cookbook. It is real food, great comfort recipes, something for everyone, easy to prepare, and dishes you can serve to your hubby and he never knows any different!!! And the icing on the cake ... all the great motivational stories, great tips and help from the people we know and love from the Biggest Loser hit show! ENJOY!!!!
on February 1, 2007
I was expecting a book that was filled with recipes that the show and/or trainers had the contestants eating to help them lose the weight. Instead it was full of recipes the contestants themselves came up with after the fact. Just okay, nothing out of the ordinary. Creative recipe names.
on December 17, 2006
I am not on this diet. I am actually on Weight Watchers, but this book is VERY WW friendly.

The recipies are easy and delishious. I have made some dishes for my husband and he LOVED it.

This has got to be the best cookbook I have owned.
on June 13, 2009
I mistakenly thought that the cookbook would be written by professional chefs with assist nutritionally by a dietitician. It is mostly recipes and tips that the contestants themselves like and use - some are okay but most of them are ones you can make up on your own. I wanted good flavor food with a healthy nutritional content. Would not recommend it to others.
VINE VOICEon January 8, 2009
I really hated to cook. My idea of cooking was grabbing my laminated folder of takeout menus and ordering a variety of fast food and Chinese takeout. But after doing that for the past five years I am three sizes larger and my stretch pants are about to split the seams. Even worse, the money I spent on meals out I could have saved and taken a trip to Paris.

A friend suggested I find a cookbook that was easy, healthy (no missing food groups) and had single serving portions. After sitting on the floor in my bookstore and perusing tons of diet cookbooks, I decided to give this one a try.

The recipes are for one or two servings. I can eat one and save the other to reheat or take for lunch. It's also the first book I have found that has simple recipes (not twenty hard to find ingredients) and makes healthier versions of fast food favorites.

I love that I can make my own version of an egg muffin sandwich (instead of the one at Starbucks), BBQ chicken pizza (I was always ordering that one from a local pizza joint), a grilled cheese sandwich (my favorite with tomato soup) and more.

I am a chocolate freak so the frozen hot chocolate idea was new to me, and I love the chocolate mousse parfait.

The author Devlin Alexander lost 55 pounds and has kept them off for over a decade. This book is so good and easy to use that I am going to buy all her other books and keep adding one or two recipes to my meal plan each week. Instead of planning my takeout orders each day, I now make a meal plan on Sunday, then cook up and freeze meals in single portions ahead of time.

I never thought I would use anything other than my microwave to nuke leftover takeout food. Now my stove is getting a real workout. And I am saving for a trip to Paris at the end of the year to buy me a slinky designer black dress.