5.0 out of 5 stars The best Biggest Loser Cookbook
This cookbook is great, better than the original Biggest Loser Cookbook. Lots of tips to help keep costs down at the grocery store and just great recipes that taste amazing. Most of the food is easy to prepare and are of course low in calories (some more than you might expect).
Published on December 26, 2008 by Shannon RangerChic

2.0 out of 5 stars Only a few good recipes....
There are some good substitution ideas in here, but especially in the dessert section there was 'way too much emphasis on fake food (fat-free and sugar-free pudding, for example), and there's already enough of that on the show.

Published on April 19, 2009 by ReadNReVu

2.0 out of 5 stars Only a few good recipes...., April 19, 2009
This review is from: Biggest Loser Family Cookbook: Budget-Friendly Meals Your Whole Family Will Love (Paperback)

Another big problem with this book is that the organization is poor. Several recipes called for another recipe to be made first (e.g. meatloaf sandwich made with leftover meatloaf), but they should have been listed alongside the original recipe, instead of being in separate sections.

Check out of the library first, before buying. If you already use sugar substitutes and sugar-free/fat-free convenience foods in your cooking, this book may have some new ideas. If you're looking for healthier recipes made with regular food that doesn't have additives, there are only a few recipes in this book that fit the bill.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Biggest Loser Cookbook, December 26, 2008
In these tough times, where money is tight, this book really helps you and your family eat great on a budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Eating for Everyone!, March 2, 2009
No one in my family is overweight. I bought this book because I am always looking for new ways to improve the nutritional value of the foods I fix for my family. This cookbook provides new ways to cook healthy foods plus new things I would not have thought of. There are a lot of breakfast foods, snacks and desserts (not to mention lunch and dinner) that are easy to fix and appealing to everyone in my house from my husband down to my six year old twins. It is surprising to see the variety of foods that are included. It is easy to have a very bland diet when you are trying to eat healthy. This book provides lots of options!

I almost didn't buy it because I had seen another Biggest Loser Cookbook that was half stories from contestants and did not have enough recipes. This one is full of recipes. I am glad I bought it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cookbook I've actually used, May 17, 2009
Ok, I'll admit it, I buy cookbooks, look through them and then never use them. But not with this one. The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook stays on my kitchen counter and actually gets used. It has great healthy, EASY receipes. I've noticed the book uses many of the same basic ingredients over and over so you don't have to go broke buying new things at the grocery store. It has given me new healthy options for dinner that my family loves!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for families, January 4, 2009
C. M. Cha (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great book. I've tried many and not only are the recipes high fiber, low sugar, and low fat but my kids (4 and 8) thought they tasted great. My husband loved the marinara sauce and the "new meatballs". I may be an experienced cook but I found the recipes very easy to put together unlike some other low fat cookbooks, and the ingredients easy to find in the grocery store. Definitely a home-rum in my view!

5.0 out of 5 stars even my kids like the recipes, December 27, 2008
W. Simpson (Salem, OR United States) - See all my reviews
We are a family of 6 and all my kids (ages 15, 14, 12, 10 yrs) love the recipes. They have even made a few themselves. The recipes are easy to put together and taste great too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't teach healthy eating choices!, June 8, 2009
First let me state I don't watch the show. I am aware of the kind of weight people have lost through the show as a result I decided to purchase this cookbook. As a general rule we (my family and I) eat healthy. We don't eat processed foods, EDTA, BHA, BHT, MSG, artificial sweeteners or a myriad of other chemicals which are very bad for the human body yet the FDA allows them to continue to be used in food. We eat organic as much as we can. I was hoping this was going to be a cookbook that took those type of things into consideration and wouldn't suggest using "fake foods". I was hoping this cookbook was going to contain some recipes I could make for my family which were obviously healthy, not as diet foods rather as regular food we eat everyday. Honestly I'm a little astonished they would publish this garbage under the guise of being healthy.

I cannot tell you how much it disturbs me to see they are actually encouraging people to eat hot fudge for breakfast?! How is that a healthy eating choice? There is a lot in there on desserts, sweets, artificial foods, low fat, low cal etc. In case you were not aware, just because it says it is low fat doesn't make it good for you, just as saying it is low cal doesn't. The FDA decided it is OK for manufacturers to say their product is transfat free if there is less than .5 grams per serving. Take a look at the ingredients of those foods you are eating, if it has hydrogenated (partially or otherwise) there is transfat, Interesterified fat is worse!

This really gives new meaning to "biggest loser", people think they are making healthy lifestyle changes, all they are doing is trading one bad thing in for another. It is like a cigarette smoker switching to cigars, or an alcoholic switching from Rum to Vodka. If you are the kind of person that just really can't eat a piece of fruit without a bunch of aerosol can fake whipped cream on it, or you can't live without a banana split for breakfast, then this is your book. If you are the kind of person that actually wants to make healthy food choices, wants to make healthy eating choices and/or doesn't want to end up with some horrible disease as a result of all the chemical crap in "fake food", I suggest you look elsewhere. There are easily 100 cookbooks out there which are better. I understand the premise of teaching healthy portion control, they really missed the mark with teaching healthy food choices.

If I could return it I would, and I will speak to Amazon to see if they will allow me to. This cookbook is a huge disappointment, I wouldn't recommend it anyone. I certainly wouldn't make any of the recipes for my family or anyone else. It is marketing pure and simple, they are selling the "biggest loser" brand to American consumers without caring what they are telling American consumers to ingest, it'a a horrible disgusting practice and they should be ashamed of themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical!, December 22, 2008
I really enjoy this cookbook and have made many of the recipies already. The best thing for me was that the recipies are simple, no crazy ingredients that are hard to find in my area, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good low-calorie cookbook, February 2, 2009
So far I've only tried 1 of the recipes in this book. The flavor was excellent. I've marked a lot of them that I'm wanting to try. I love that there are pictures of the end product for most of the recipes. I also really like the tips from past contestants.

My only disappointment was in that it's a "family" cookbook. Yes, it's food items that I can cook for my family; but there are still several recipes with just one or two servings. For a family of 4, you have to figure out all of the amounts to make the correct amount of servings for your family. I thought that since it was a "family" cookbook, each recipe would yield approx. 4 servings, but that's not the case. Overall, the recipes look delicious and I'm anxious to try more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Great Cookbook!, January 2, 2009
We just LOVE this cookbook! Got it yesterday, had pizza burgers and sweet potato fries for lunch... followed up with fish tacos and texas caviar (no fish eggs, I promise!) for dinner..

Cant wait to try another recipie tonight. This is just fantastic. My 14 year old son is having a great time helping to cook and the recipies make it easy to do just that. He has even said he'd like to cook one night a week - Horray!

We love that this is real food, not weird tofu and bean sprouts stuff... thanks so much biggest loser!

$21.95 $17.12