Top Chef 11 Seasons 2012
Amazon Instant Video
1. Everything's Bigger in Texas Everything's bigger in Texas! This season brings 29 chefs to the Lone Star state where only 16 will advance to the competition and earn a Top Chef coat. In this premiere episode, the chefs will be split into 3 groups and must excel in their challenge in order to move on to the competition. Returning this season are hosts Padma Lakshmi, head judge Tom Colicchio, and Gail Simmons from Food & Wine Magazine.
2. The Heat Is On Twelve chefs have excelled and moved on to the competition. Now the remaining chefs must rise to the challenge to earn a slot in the final 16. The final 10 chefs must decide amongst themselves which one of among 10 ingredients they will use to create a dish. Those who advance will earn a Top Chef coat, those who don't will go home, and those who are on the bubble will compete in a final cook-off. Host Padma Lakshmi, along with Hugh Acheson, Emeril Lagasse and head judge Tom Colicchio will determine which chefs will advance to the competition.
3. Quinceañera There are tons of rattlesnakes all over the state of Texas, so why not make a dish out of one? In this week's Quickfire, the chefs are challenged to create a savory dish from rattlesnakes. In the elimination challenge, the chefs must create a feast and cater to a Quinceañera party. Our chefs are providing a 100% authentic Mexican feast using all original Mexican ingredients. Guest judge Johnny Hernandez joins Hugh Acheson, head judge Tom Colicchio, and host Padma Lakshmi.
4. Red Hot Chili Cookoff The chefs turn up the heat in this week's Quickfire to create a spicy, savory dish using some of the hottest peppers around. The chefs get a choice of one pepper to incorporate in their dish. The hotter the pepper the chef uses, the higher the value of prize money at stake if they win. In the elimination challenge, the chefs will be taking over the food court at the rodeo and taking part in their own competition -- a chili cook off! Guest judges Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger from Top Chef Masters and Two Hot Tamales join Gail Simmons, head judge Tom Colicchio, and host Padma Lakshmi.
5. Don't Be Tardy for the Dinner Party The Chefs have already hit the road on the way to the next city when Padma stops them at a roadblock -- surprise, it's the next Quickfire challenge where the chefs create a delicious dish using only ingredients found inside a standard survival kit. In the elimination challenge, the chefs will be cooking and serving in three different houses. They will be split into groups and assigned to serve the appetizer in one house, entree in the next, and then dessert in the final house. Guest judge John Besh joins Gail Simmons, head judge Tom Colicchio, and host Padma Lakshmi.
6. Higher Steaks In this week's Quickfire, the chefs create a dish stemming from one of four mother sauces. They will explore the endless possibilities of this classic technique and go back to the basics of haute cuisine. The stakes are high in the elimination challenge as the chefs create their best steak dish for the annual Cattle Baron's Ball. The chefs will be putting out a progressive four-course beef menu for 200-seated guests. It's high society - suits with cowboy boots, big hair and even bigger stakes because if there is one state who knows a thing or two about how a steak should be cooked, it's Texas! Guest judge Dean Fearing joins Hugh Acheson, head judge Tom Colicchio, and host Padma Lakshmi.
7. Game On In this week's Quickfire, the chefs create a dish that complements well with tequila. In a double elimination, the game is on as the chef'testants pair up and cook for a group of famous chefs sharing a common thread -- their love of hunting. Our Chefs will be asked to form teams of two then each team will be assigned a famous chef and his/her favorite game. In a twist, it will be up to the chefs to decide which 3 teams are on the bottom and therefore helping to determine which one team will go home. Guest judge Tim Love joins Hugh Acheson, head judge Tom Colicchio and host Padma Lakshmi.
8. Tribute Dinner This week's Quickfire will reach out to its fans via twitter, as they follow instructions tweeted live and create a dish based on what they want the chefs to do. Whenever Tom sees an idea he likes, he will call it out in the room. No matter which direction the chefs thought they were taking their dish, they will have to switch it up based on the latest tweet. For the elimination challenge, the chefs have a chance to reflect and pay homage to the person who taught them how to cook by making a "tribute dish" in their honor. Legendary singer and cookbook author Patti Labelle guest judges, along with Emeril Lagasse, head judge Tom Colicchio, and host Padma Lakshmi.
9. BBQ Pit Wars - Supersized The chefs return to their suite after Judges' Table to find a note along with the entire box set of "The Modernist Cuisine" by Nathan Myhrvold. He will be the guest judge and the 6-volume set of books is their homework. For the Quickfire, the chefs must create something that's impressive and creative, but also tastes amazing. For the elimination challenge, the chefs split into teams and face off in an ultimate BBQ showdown. After all, what's more Texan than a good ol' fashioned BBQ? The fans will decide which team has the best BBQ. Guest judge Nathan Myhrvold joins Gail Simmons, head judge Tom Colicchio and host Padma Lakshmi.
10. Restaurant Wars Restaurant Wars is back! Everything's bigger in Texas and in this Top Chef favorite, the chefs split into teams and must create a restaurant from the ground up -- from design to signage, logos to menus and everything in between. Judges Hugh Acheson and Emeril Lagasse join head judge Tom Colicchio and host Padma Lakshmi.
11. Fit For an Evil Queen This week's Quickfire is all about awareness in the kitchen. The chefs will have 30 minutes to create a dish of their choosing, but this is no ordinary Quickfire. Once time begins, various ingredients will start to come into the kitchen via a train. For the elimination challenge, the chefs embody evil on the plate and serve a gothic feast fit for a Queen. This dish should demonstrate various cooking techniques, textures and flavors, but more importantly, the diners should visually see the "evil" components on the dish. Actress Charlize Theron, who plays the Evil Queen in the upcoming film "Snow White & The Huntsman", guest judges, along with Emeril Lagasse, head judge Tom Colicchio, and host Padma Lakshmi.
12. Block Party In this week's Quickfire, the chefs work in teams of two and with 30 minutes, they must race against the clock and get through all their prep. With the remaining time, the chefs must then create a delicious dish with the already prepped ingredients. For the elimination challenge, the chefs head to a food drive/block party, where they will choose an opponent, create one dish that they will both make, and go head-to-head. One chef from each pair will be on top, and one will be on the bottom, and one chef from the bottom will go home. Cat Cora guest judges, along with Emeril Lagasse, head judge Tom Colicchio, and host Padma Lakshmi.
13. Bike, Borrow & Steal In this week's Quickfire, Pee-wee Herman stops by and the chefs are tasked to create his favorite breakfast dish -- pancakes! The Chefs are challenged to be as creative as possible when making their batter, toppings and presentation. In "Pee-wee's Big Adventure," Pee-wee learned a lot about searching the streets and asking for help. For the elimination challenge, the chefs are set loose in downtown San Antonio with a bike and $100, where they must find their ingredients and create a dish for Pee-wee's dinner party. Pee-wee Herman joins Gail Simmons, head judge Tom Colicchio, and host Padma Lakshmi at judges' table.
14. Mentors In this week's Quickfire, the chefs must use their sense of touch, smell and taste to navigate through the pantry to gather ingredients for a dish while blindfolded. In a twist, the winning chef from the Top Chef: Last Chance Kitchen companion series will re-enter the competition and join the remaining four chefs in the elimination challenge, where the chefs must create a delicious dish that will impress their mentors. Host Padma Lakshmi, along with Hugh Acheson, Gail Simmons and head judge Tom Colicchio will determine which final four chefs will advance to the finale.
15. Culinary Games The final 4 chefs arrive in Whistler, British Columbia, for a Top Chef twist on the Olympic games. From cooking on the world's fastest gondola to a biathlon that requires marksman-like precision to get the best ingredients, the chefs will need to have the concentration of a true culinary Olympian to advance to the next round in Vancouver.
16. Fire and Ice Asian Masters lend a hand in a tag-team-style quickfire. The final 3 chefs must create a dish and cocktail that fuses the concept of fire and ice into one cohesive dish, a culinary testament of their journey from blazing Texas heat to blistering Vancouver cold.
17. Finale For the final challenge, each chef will take over a restaurant in Vancouver where they will have the chance to design a four-course meal for the judges and unbeknownst to them, friends and family.
18. Reunion The drama is served extra hot on Bravo's "Top Chef: Texas Reunion Special." Andy Cohen talks to season nine's chef'testants and judges - host Padma Lakshmi, head judge Tom Colicchio and judges Gail Simmons, Emeril Lagasse and Hugh Acheson. Cohen will answer viewers' questions and dish on the good, bad and overcooked.
Top Chef: Texas Sneak Peek A special Sneak Peek of Bravo's Top Chef: Texas. For the first time ever, season nine will boast a record 29 chefs -- almost double the amount of chefs in seasons past -- who will see if they have what it takes to become an official cheftestant and qualify to wear the Top Chef coat. Only 16 will go on to compete across the Lone Star State -- in Austin, Dallas and San Antonio.
|Genres||Reality TV, TV Game Shows|
|Starring||Padma Lakshmi, Tom Colicchio|
|Supporting actors||Lindsay Autry, Ty-Lor Boring, Tom Colicchio, Chris Crary, Richie Farina, Sarah Grueneberg, Chris Jones, Beverly Kim, Edward Lee, Whitney Otawka, Paul Qui, Paul Reubens, Keith Rhodes, Grayson Schmitz, Gail Simmons, Heather Terhune, Chuy Valencia, Dakota Weiss|
|Executive Producer||Doneen Arquines|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
I love Top Chef but I am always let down because they seem to choose woman who have little talent. This season, who can tell? Read morePublished 2 months ago by Bette Caps
I really like this show. I'm a fan of cooking competitions. The chefs are Super creative and I really like Padma and Tom as well. Good All Around.Published 2 months ago by Shana
This happens to be one of my favorite shows on Tv. Previously living in NYC I was exposed to great restaurant and good food.Published 2 months ago by Dominic Freeman
I love Top Chef...I was given many seasons to watch. There is a new channel...Esq...that re-ran this season. I watched, and liked it a lot. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Thyme
I recommend this season to anyone that likes Top Chef. I own a lot of the seasons and building on owning them all.Published 3 months ago by Beverly Bradley
I love the Top Chef DVD's but am still waiting for Season 10 Top Chef Seattle. Where is it? I do not want to rent it online, I want to buy the DVD so that I can watch it any time I... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Ruby Oxner
This is one of the better reality competition shows. Contestants must be eliminated but it is done with positive reinforcement and grace. Read morePublished 6 months ago by MsPop
This Series just gets better however think it could top the charts if the producers could refrain from putting on contestants clips where they are swearing, there is no need for... Read morePublished 8 months ago by The Fez !
This was a great season of top chef. It had lots of cool twists and challenges. I wish that the opening showed each of the chefs like other seasons. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Shawna