Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bill Maher: But I'm Not Wrong
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on December 6, 2010
I was at this show, and loved it. Obviously, I am a fan, or I would not have bought tickets.
Interesting thing about the show - it happened on Feb 13, the day after a massive snow storm moved over the entire state. But the show was sold out.
I know some complained about Maher not being as funny as he once was. And though this may be somewhat true, I have to say that I didn't go because I was expecting a laugh a minute evening. Maher isn't exactly a comic anymore. He is a commentator who uses satire to make his points. And I tend to agree with many of them. This wasn't the blue collar comedy tour, this wasn't Robin Williams. This was Bill Maher, doing an extended version of what he does on his HBO show. And that's what I like.
33 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2015
Mildly entertaining, but continues to be mostly Mr. Maher's political statements thinly veiled as comedy. I enjoy comedy for relaxation and entertainment, but when it is a beginning to end statement of (either) one or the other party's views, it really just is more of a bash session. Also, the discussion is very relevant to a certain point in time and history.

Kind of bitter, kind of depressing, as he never really offers a 'fix', just a bash. It's vaguely reminiscent of the latter George Carlin routines.

You will laugh for a while if you agree with his politics; not so much if you don't. And, this particular one is more of a history lesson than anything current.
on May 15, 2016
Bill Maher is know for his biting and irreverent style of observational humor. This stand up special may be a little bit dates, because it was made in 2010, but his jokes and rants still impact and make me laugh. People criticize him as unthinking, intolerant, or trite, but he observes, reports, and deconstructs aspects of American society in order to demonstrate the absurdity of them. The influences of George Carlin are evident in his routine and clearly enrich his performance.
on June 6, 2016
More Bill Maher's political wit and keen sense of humor and an unerring ability to pick out contradictions, paradoxes and outright lies in political life in the United States. He is always fresh in every appearance with new materials and new takes on old materials.
on June 11, 2016
I like Bill's sense of humor but this was not up to par... a bit too much of his laughing at his own stuff, pushing limits just to get a few chuckles... overall give this 3-Stars is overly generous but hell, you can't hit a home run every time your up to bat.
on October 20, 2015
Bill Maher is by far my favorite comedian because he mixes politics with
humor and does it well. Somehow though this show was no so alive.
Maybe Maher seems funnier in his TV show Real Time when he has
some people to bounce off. "But I'm Not Wrong" may be right, but it is
not so funny.
on May 21, 2016
I stopped watching it pretty early on. His cursing delivery just wasn't funny. It almost seemed he was trying to make it up as he went along. It shocked me, because I've liked his performance before. Can't say you shouldn't give it a chance though.
on April 2, 2016
I usually try to write a bit more and provide some clear, albeit concise context. So, previous listings notwithstanding, it took three minutes for his usual ideology, Catholic bashing and inane sex jokes. He really has found a way to turn the one trick pony into some semblance of a brand. The delivery is awkwardly hackneyed and he laughs at himself as a cue, since the audience was certainly not following in lock step; to their credit I might add. AN overall poor performance and it would seem, this is more routine than infrequent.
on September 13, 2015
I enjoy watching this performance, but Maher isn't for everyone. He's at his best here, lambasting Republicans and mocking Christianity (of course, if you're a Republican Christian, you will hate him). I especially like the Muslim fashion show bit at the end.
on August 20, 2015
I love Bill Maher, and even though this was over four years old when I saw it I thought it was still pretty relevant. I thought it was interesting to compare what he was saying into 2010 with what is going on now. I'm ready for some new Bill Maher.