Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 80 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 28, 2011 7:58:50 AM PDT
Segway says:
Seriously, Bill O'Reilly writing that is more than political slop? This would be actual substantial thinking and writing. Does he excoriate Lincoln for freeing the slaves? Are we talking about the same Bill O'Reilly?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 7:51:14 PM PDT
Collette says:
I could not believe this either! Bill O'Reilly is NOT an academic of history and certainly is taking credit for writing a historical novel that was obviously written by the other author. This is a way of selling a book based on name recognition and a viewer following. He could have watched the History Channel or Redford's movie, the Conspirator to get details. This is not a thriller==as the review suggest. It is 19th century history, something O'Reilly knows NOTHING about.

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 8:33:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2011 8:50:31 PM PDT
Neaklaus says:
I have to wonder how these Two people who presumably do not know Mr O'Rielly personally can claim to suggest that a college educated man and teacher knows nothing about Lincoln or the Civil War. Or the history of the 19th Century.I suspect he knows plenty on both subjects and could possibly teach them a thing or two. Collete M. Bloom and "Segway show themselves to be "Pinheads"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2011 5:33:27 PM PDT
Gam says:
No, Craig, these two people are democrats ... wait, pinhead/democrat ... same thing.

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 5:21:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2011 5:28:29 AM PDT
Yes Collette, because if you want to get accurate history watch a Redford movie about the Lincoln killing...and people wonder how Americans become uneducated.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 6:26:58 AM PDT
Joy Starks says:
He has a history degree and a Master's degree from Harvard.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 8:58:38 AM PDT
Larry says:
I'm sure that I will now always pay attenrion to that great historian Robert Redfraud. He was so accurate with the Butch and Sundance movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 8:58:50 PM PDT
C. Staskus says:
I do not believe you even read the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 9:03:36 PM PDT
C. Staskus says:
I do not believe you even read the book.

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 1:10:16 PM PDT
Neaklaus says:
I have to wonder why the folks on the left hate Lincoln all of a sudden?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2011 6:47:26 PM PDT
Easy Reader says:
It's quite evident that Bill O'Reilly is considerably better educated and more articulate than this cretin Segway. All books should be judged by their content and accuracy....not judged by a political loon who obviously only wants to make a liberal statement. Shame on him.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2011 6:53:08 PM PDT
Easy Reader says:
Ms Bloom obviously knows absolutely nothing about Bill O'Reilly other than he is on the "dreaded" Fox News Channel. These people personify the title of "PINHEAD".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2011 5:25:50 PM PDT
C. Steele says:
I think, at the very least, he was a history teacher in one of his other lives. I would like a review of the book, not Bill O, please?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2011 2:03:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2011 7:37:39 PM PDT
JR Corry says:
For some reason, Craig, some libertarians are claiming Lincoln conspired to cause the Civil War from the beginning, so he could alter the American governmental system.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2011 8:36:48 AM PDT
Wallaby says:
Gee, Collette, tell us where you got your History major and Master's degree. Was it Harvard? Oh, that was O'Reilly. Can you elucidate how you find it so obvious that this was ghost written? Try to calm your envy and give supporting evidence for your assertions.
Redford? Very funny. He was SO accurate in Butch and Sundance. Thanks for the big laugh.

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 1:40:46 PM PDT
Neaklaus says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2011 8:13:42 PM PDT
Ronald Coyne says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011 6:40:59 AM PDT
aaron j ambs says:

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 6:47:37 AM PDT
aaron j ambs says:
Killing Lincoln is a great book that appeals to a younger crowd. I love the style of this book and his attempt in making history a fun subject. On top of it being a great and fun read, I find every bit of the information 100% true and accurate. Also loves how he quotes soldiers and officers in his novel. Not only does it appeal to a younger crowd, but it is a great read for every age group and people who are interested in Civil War.

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 6:54:54 AM PDT
Hate, that's all I read in her comments and one or two others. When you've been brainwashed by the liberal (liberal truth, oxy moron) teachers and Professors of this past two or three generations, it's more than likely you'll never again see rational thought or the intend of the original historian writers. But then you can always become a 99%er and whine about your lot in life.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011 7:38:29 AM PDT
Gam says:
Sadly, true!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011 11:15:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2011 11:25:19 PM PDT
D. Bertsch says:
The thing you have to realize is that Mr. O'Reilly is an ass and everything he does will be judge by that knowledge. I would never buy a book from this guy simplily for that reason. He is a liar and is running this country into the ground. Do not buy any books from this phoney. People will say this is a "pinhead remark" but that is what they are required to say from Bill himself for they cannot think on thier own.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2011 7:45:58 AM PDT
G. Evans says:
How can he be running this country into the ground when Obama has already accomplished that as President? So I guess you are saying that he is more powerful than the President of the United States...Give me a break!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2011 8:32:54 AM PDT
JR Corry says:
LMAO! What power conservatives have!

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 12:20:56 PM PDT
Neaklaus says:
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  32
Total posts:  80
Initial post:  Aug 28, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about