Is Bill's Story One of Redemption?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 371 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 2:35:36 PM PDT
Ann Anderson says:
"how wrong CH is,"

But CH isn't wrong.. I love the books.. I listened to them over and over for 2 years.. I love CH's writing style... I love her 'Southerness'.. I love that they're written in first person.. I love Johanna Parker's narration, she absolutely nails the accent, and since my family is from that part of Louisiana, I should know.. I went to college in Monroe, Louisiana.. I could *be* Caroline Bellefleur.. and.. I married a 'Viking'.. My DH is a second generation Swedish-American (he had the same waist size as Eric when we married, though he's about 2 inches shorter).. I know Minden and Homer, and Monroe.. I'm less familiar with Shreveport.. though I do have relatives there..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 2:45:41 PM PDT
Ann Anderson says:
"I like posting here because Willa and Catherine provide a defense for Bill."

And this is my major issue.. Why should Bill fans be continually put on the defensive? Bill did what CH wrote for him to do.. If there is an issue with Bill, then, it should be laid at the feet of CH, not of those of use who like Bill..

The issue inevitably comes up about Bill doing 'X'.. pick whatever 'X' you want.. and yes, I know that Bill did 'X'.. So, the question, or discussion should be about how Sookie deals with 'X'.. How this 'X' impacts the story.. Does 'X' contribute to Sookie's growth.. It should not be one of 'try to justify that, Bill fan!'...

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 2:52:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2012 4:05:16 PM PDT
Coffeelover says:
That was not my intention, I meant they portrayed a different view which is good for discussion to contiue. But if you want to keep splitting hairs, feel free. A rehash of an earlier statement; I would post, but now I dont want to keep playing the bait in some sick suitor/fan war.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 3:03:46 PM PDT
Ann Anderson says:
"That was not my intention, I meant they portrayed a different view which is good for discussion to contiue."

All I did was respond to what you wrote. I can't divine some intended meaning, I have to go by what's written...

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 3:30:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2012 4:07:57 PM PDT
Isabella S. says:
Hellooo, KC.
Might I suggest a change of name to this thread, perhaps to "The Whine." :P

I digress.
However, the mention of 'Monroe' instantly makes me smile and think of Claude and Hooligans. :)

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 3:53:23 PM PDT
Oh Yes says:
"And this is my major issue.. Why should Bill fans be continually put on the defensive?"

LOL - I spend a lot more time on here defending Eric than I ever do saying negatives about Bill. You like Bill, that's good. If you want to discuss his character and have everyone agree with you then this isn't really the place. Go to CH site, because the few Eric fans will not compare and contrast because the rules don't permit it. It might be the perfect place for you really and truly I mean that. I am not trying to be mean or get rid of you, I just think if you really hate defending Bill that Amazon is probably not a good fit for you.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 4:04:48 PM PDT
Ann Anderson says:
"If you want to discuss his character and have everyone agree with you then this isn't really the place."

I'm not looking for agreement.. I'm looking for conversation that doesn't include an "Eric is better, so that means I am, too" mentality.. or.. a conversation that doesn't include "Justify what Bill did (so I can shoot you down in flames)" mentality...

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 4:08:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2012 4:09:26 PM PDT
Coffeelover says:
And yet you have no problem making generalisations and causing arguments based on character preference. However it's not the characters that need defending it's the posters who need to have their wits about them, isnt that right?

You are the typical troll, happy to cause a stir and offend whilst hiding behind your safety net? What a shame, it says alot about a person who can disregard the general population based on character preference. And you wonder why nobody liked you on the other boards? hmm... why would that be? I hope you lead a happier home life?

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 4:10:47 PM PDT
Oh Yes says:
Can't say that isn't going to happen here. But most of the people here do want to just discuss the books with differing POV. Someone is going to say they want to see Bill staked, and Willa is going to say everyday lol how evil Eric is. It is just the nature of the beast. But there are good convos and all EL's are not alike, just as all BL's are not alike.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 4:11:57 PM PDT
Ann Anderson says:
"And you wonder why nobody liked you on the other boards? hmm... why would that be? I hope you lead a happier home life?"

Well.. here we have the typical personal attack.. I love you, too...

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 4:17:21 PM PDT
Coffeelover says:
Yup thats what you were looking for right? I hope I lived up to your expectations? Now we can get back to the books or *gasp* the title of the thread?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 4:23:13 PM PDT
Ann Anderson says:
Be my guest... You're the one who's responding to me.. I'm not restraining you from posting whatever you want..

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 5:08:01 PM PDT
KCScout says:
What Z said. What would be the point of a discussion board if all we ever said was "I agree"? Cynthia, thanks for your on-topic reply to the thread. Many ELs I know (and respect as well as like) do think Bill's story is one of redemption. I do not, but am happy to listen to other POVs as long as those posters are civil. I'm putting Ann on ignore and it's kind of a shame because she might have had something to add to the discussion but I won't tolerate agressive and insulting posters.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 5:46:21 PM PDT
LLE says:
Their are readers do believe that Bill is redemption and their readers don't believe Bill is redemption. I don't believe Bill is redemption at all. I had not seen any proof that Bill has redemption at all. It would not surprise me that Bill murder the girl and frame Eric.

What upsets me more is that their are readers that tllell me that I can't say anything bad about Bill and to stop it. I never told a readers to stop saying any thing bad about Eric at all and believe they have the rights to say anything about Eric. I will not saying anything bad about Bill.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 9:11:28 AM PDT
YogiD says:
Holy s^%t are things tense in here!!

Anyway, I wanted to talk about the original question.....Is Bill's story one of redemption? I am hoping Bill can have some closure with the heroine of the SSS novels, Sookie. Other then that I'm not sure. Bill hasn't had a lot of page time in many books so I'm not sure what CH has in store for him.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 2:18:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2012 2:54:28 PM PDT
GatorGirl says:
ahhhh...the spirit of the Eric vs Bill thread has traveled over hear to Deadlock, I see.

I see Ms. A. Anderson's point....because her POV is how a lot of EL's have felt also. That they constantly have to defend their preference and have also been judged as an idiot for preferring Eric....same thing over and over.

oh Danderson....what did you say? got a little slap on the wrist by Big Brother Ammy?

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 2:22:10 PM PDT
YogiD says:
I have no clue why my comment got deleted.........someone must have reported me. Seems kind of weird actually. I didn't have anything offensive in there. I'm sure I've put much worse.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 2:26:51 PM PDT
KCScout says:
It's usually for using common words Amazon finds objectionable. I tried to give a few examples, replacing a letter with an asterisk but it wouldn't even let me post that so Idk.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 2:30:44 PM PDT
YogiD says:
Interesting..........I wish I could remember what I posted exactly. I posted in so many forums today

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 2:33:04 PM PDT
Coffeelover says:
Three people are tracking it, maybe they can help?

Its usually something small like a* s, or cr *p

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 2:39:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2012 2:39:35 PM PDT
KCScout says:
It's not possible to rename a thread, is it. If I could, I'd change it to "Please don't look at this thread".

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 2:41:10 PM PDT
YogiD says:
KCScout - this thread? I'm getting some serious giggle time out of these forums today.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 2:43:30 PM PDT
Coffeelover says:
I know I'm dreading having to tear myself away to do the school run and daily running around :(

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 2:59:28 PM PDT
GatorGirl says:
Don't worry....you won't miss out on anything. Generally whenever the discussion turns into an E vs B battle-a-rama......the same thing gets said over and over again. And the the threat of hijacking is always present....

so when you get back....we'll still be here, doing the same thing.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 3:12:32 PM PDT
Oh Yes says:
over and over and over again....

*snorts* @ KC "Please don't look at this Thread" ROFL
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  371
Initial post:  Mar 17, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 12)
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 12) by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - May 1, 2012)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (1,721)