5.0 out of 5 stars bill's food
Published on October 30, 2003 by shannon

3.0 out of 5 stars A healthy attitude towards healthy food, but few recipes could be prepared by North American cooks
Bill Granger's "Sydney Food" contains recipes featured at Bill Granger's Sydney, Australia restaurants. Granger's belief that taste is more important than appearance is refreshingly healthy; he stresses freshness and flavour, not looks. His recipes have been thoroughly tested and his instructions are easy for the home cook to follow. Virtually every recipe is both...
Published on September 6, 2005 by Charlene Vickers

5.0 out of 5 stars bill's food, October 30, 2003
This review is from: Bill's Sydney Food (Paperback)
bil's food is fantastic and fresh in this cook book. The photography is as delicious as his recipes. The recipies are easy to follow and certainly spectacular to eat. it's great to be able to replicate the dishes i ate at his cafe with such ease and without having to go to gourmet stores to buy the ingredients or spend a fortune on them. This book is beautiful on your coffee table or just to look through even if you dont cook, but trust me the ricotta pancakes with honeycomb butter, maple syrup and bananas are sublime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breakfast will never be the same, January 19, 2005
Steve Osvold (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bill's Sydney Food (Paperback)
I own "bills," which seems to be the North American version of this book, and have spent some time with "Sydney Food," as well. I've mostly made breakfast foods -- scrambled eggs, coconut bread and the like -- and everything I've made has been tremendous. Granger's style is simple, without a lot of unnecessary adornment, but he finds ways to push the envelope. His scrambled eggs, for example, have an almost unseemly amount of cream, but the results are rich, pillowy and fresh. I had breakfast at bills, the restaurant, once and was struck by the lack of frilliness. Everything looked delicious and was well-presented, but wasn't eye-popping. The revelation came with each first bite. (I don't want to say how many dishes my friends and I ordered.) It was like eating the Platonic ideal of each of these familiar, homey dishes. With "Sydney Food," you'll be able to have the same experience -- no matter how far you are from Australia.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, October 17, 2003
Jo (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bill's Sydney Food (Paperback)
I just love this cookbook! It's recipes are easy to follow and the end results are always as good as they look in the accompanying photographs! In my opinion (for what it's worth)'Sydney Food' is better than anything that Jamie Oliver or Nigella Lawson has to offer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Beautiful Food, April 3, 2007
skoobs "skoobs" (Petaluma, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bill's Sydney Food (Paperback)
Bill Granger is my favo(u)rite chef. He uses very few ingredients, but the results are phenominal. Even the most novice cook can make these recipies work and most can be prepared very quickly. The cookbook satisfies some of my rules for a good cookbook:

1. entire recipie on one page

2. photo of finished dish (and what photos they are)

Even if you only try one or two recipies it is totally worth it - I might need to order another soon as mine shows the battle scars of heavy use.

Get this cookbook and if you ever get the chance go to BIll's in Sydney (especially for breakfast) as it is one of the best and most unpretnetious places you can eat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, November 18, 2009
This review is from: Bill's Sydney Food (Paperback)
I have a worn out copy of this book in my kitchen. I use and abuse it as much as I can. Thus far, everything I have made is totally yummo. The food is fresh and healthy, just the way we Aussies love it. Bill Granger is famous for his great breakfasts, but I actually believe he is the king of desserts! The book has lovely pictures of the finished recipes which I always enjoy - at least you have some idea of what the food should look like when your done. Goodo Bill....your best book ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite breakfast in Australia, February 20, 2011
This review is from: Bill's Sydney Food (Hardcover)
My wife is Aussie and each time we head down under to visit family we stop at Bill's restaurant. Each time we eat breakfast I order the same thing, Ricotta hot cakes with honeycomb butter, bacon and a piece of banana bread. Every time we finish, I swear I cannot eat another bit of food. This led me to invest my hard earned cash into remaking Bill's famous breakfast foods in Chicago.

I'm not too familiar with his lunch and dinner but I bought this book for a friend and they have enjoyed the other items. They are also very picky eaters, so I was shocked to hear they enjoyed a few dinner items.

Bill's cookbook easily converts to USA measurements, not to worry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 6, 2014
EXCELLENT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Book by Bill Granger, September 26, 2013
This review is from: Bill's Sydney Food (Paperback)
If you love, simple, clean food, then you should own all of Bill Granger's books. I'm a big fan. I watched all of his TV programs, and own most of his cookbooks. Whether I'm looking for something simple to do with a chicken breast, or a piece of fish, his books are the one's I usually gravitate to first for inspiration. The ingredients are simple, the food is fantastic. Get ya some Bill Granger's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars plus, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Bill's Sydney Food (Hardcover)
Have made 3 of the recipes and they are great. Still waiting for "Bill's Open Kitchen". Had lunch in "Bill's" in Yokohama and it was fabulous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous food made easy!, April 27, 2013
This review is from: Bill's Sydney Food (Hardcover)
This book is wonderful. Every recipe is mouthwatering and they are really easy to prepare. My personal favourite from the book are the sweet corn fritters - fabulous served for breakfast or brunch accompanied by crispy bacon and slow roasted tomatoes or served with smoked salmon and creme fraiche - yum!

Bill's Sydney Food
Bill's Sydney Food by Bill Granger (Hardcover - October 1, 2009)
Used & New from: $18.21