5.0 out of 5 stars Billy Collins - a wonderful entertainer!, February 2, 2006
This review is from: Billy Collins: On the Road with the Poet Laureate (DVD)
I love Billy Collins' poetry! He is a great writer, reader, and entertainer. My high school students love him! This DVD is great to use when teaching kids to appreciate poetry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Blue Jeans, July 3, 2006
This review is from: Billy Collins: On the Road with the Poet Laureate (DVD)
As always, Collins offers us that trademark, very casual feel to poetry that we settle into, "very blue jeans" to use his own words. It all starts with a simple walk in the park or some other seemingly mundane scene, and, a few lines later, we readers are vis-a-vis with an indelible profundity--without all of the formality of the Romantics and elitists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Poet, Wonderful Man, October 20, 2013
This review is from: Billy Collins: On the Road with the Poet Laureate (DVD)
Following Poet Laureate Billy Collins around through the eye of the camera is a treat for anyone who loves poetry and wants to know more about one of America's most beloved poets. His warm good humor leaps off the screen. His readings of his own poems are completely engaging. It made me want to buy all his books (which I have) and memorize some of his poems (which I have also done). My students loved this and learned that poets are not aliens who live depressed lonely lives and contemplating mortality. Billy Collins is so genuine, so normal, so brilliant. This documentary is pure delight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Billy Collins: Great content, lousy DVD quality, April 26, 2014
This review is from: Billy Collins: On the Road with the Poet Laureate (DVD)
As a fan of Billy Collins, I was delighted to see and listen to him at different venues. I was disappointed in the DVD as on the second viewing, it started to freeze up at certain points. After paying nearly $40 for the DVD that was disappointing. So the rating is for the content, not the quality of the DVD

Billy Collins: On the Road with the Poet Laureate
Billy Collins: On the Road with the Poet Laureate by Richard B. Woodward (DVD - 2003)
$45.00