Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Billy Graham in Quotes
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 21, 2011
Kudos to Thomas Nelson for publishing this collection of quotes from Dr. Graham, spanning 7 decades. Over 100 subjects are covered..everything from creation to greed, integrity to war, abortion to marriage.

The quotes are taken from the elder Graham's published and personal works.

This is not only an invaluable resource, but maybe just as much a tribute to Dr. Graham's ministry spanning some 70 years.

Pick up a copy today and be blessed.
on May 21, 2012
When I was 10 years old, I went to my first and only Billy Graham crusade in Cleveland, Ohio. I saw DC Talk climb the side of the stage and sing - which was awesome! Then, finally after all the pageantry, I saw Billy Graham speak and share the Good News of Jesus. It wasn't anything spectacular. It was simply a man sharing how good Jesus is and how much he wanted to be reconciled to us. Even as a 10 year old boy, I could see his passion and I believed his message.

To write a book about Billy Graham quotes, without actually being able to hear his voice is like watching Seinfeld with subtitles and the sound off. It just doesn't carry the same impact. There were some great quotes in this book, but all in all, I was kind of disappointed in the caliber of quotes. Some that they attributed to him, I know I have seen in the books of much older saints of God - so that was a little disappointing as well.

I had to remember that there were certain subjects about which Billy Graham spoke so eloquently, and just because they created a section with some of his quotes in it - does not mean that they are necessarily memorable ones.

I'm grateful for Billy Graham and the impact his life has made. I hope he continues to live a great life for God's glory! You can pick up a copy of this book on Amazon or in a retailer that sells Christian books.

I received this book as part of Booksneeze.com's Blogging for Books program. The opinions are mine.
on August 2, 2011
"Most of us know about God, but that is quite different from knowing God." - Billy Graham (p.147, "On God")

In an age in which even truth about God and Christianity can be reframed into all shapes and sizes, and people tend to believe in versions of truth that feel the most convenient or sound the most sophisticated, it is easy to become disoriented and discouraged. Isn't faith supposed to be a simple thing? Why then are conversations surrounding God so filled with disagreement, cynicism, weariness? Why are so many arguments between science/religion still limited to the battlegrounds of reason when everyone says it's the life/the testimony that really matters? Does that imply that few people are truly living a transparent life that shines with grace from God?

These are tough questions that, I think, in part comes down to the distinction between knowing about God vs. knowing God. And reading Billy Graham in Quotes, I have no doubt as to how very intimately this man knows God (and not just about God), in God's presence and God's Word. I also see how he truly experiences the living Word by applying it in action, with joy and conviction, across all aspects of life. I had been hesitant about this book at first because quotes often lose their meaning/power when presented out of context. However, this collection seems different, and many of the quotes have spoken powerfully to me. Perhaps it is because the quotes have a kind of transparency to them; never distracting, never self-focused, never self-righteous, all of them simply points back to Christ and is rooted in the Bible and God's love. This book is best read not in a single sitting, but over time; it is one of those books that will be helpful to keep close by and within arm's reach, be it for reference, for wisdom, or for strength. May everyone who read it be encouraged to, likewise, walk and rest upon God's promises, so that the light of truth may truly, truly shine through.

"Some people think that going to church on Sunday and owning a dust-covered Bible makes a person a Christian. That is not true. A Christian is one in whom Christ dwells, and the person's life will give evidence of this." - Billy Graham (p.57, "On Christianity")

"For the Christian, peace is not simply the absence of conflict, or any other artificial state the world has to offer.
Rather it is the deep, abiding peace only Jesus Christ brings to the heart." - Billy Graham (p.252, "On Peace")

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book for free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255
VINE VOICEon April 19, 2012
Each day I've been reading a chapter from the book Billy Graham in Quotes. I purchased this keepsake book from Amazon because I enjoy quoting people and inspiring others, especially on Twitter @LifeVerse and on Facebook. The first thing I noticed when I received the book is the structure and organization...I really like the chapters arranged by topic from A to Z. Since the quotes are arranged by topic and grouped together, one thought might expand on another. While gathering information for leading a bible study, I'll look in the chapter on bible study, grace, salvation, or living the Christian life. Other topics include Billy Graham quotes on grief, happiness, marriage, money and death.

There are many useful reasons to own a book on quotes. It's popular to use quotes in social media, yet they can also be shared when you insert them into a greeting card in your own handwriting. Use them as a signature line on your emails or share them at a business meeting for discussion. Incorporate them into a bible study lesson or a blog article you are writing. Creative people can find inspiration for art, crafts or jewelry designs based on the thoughtful words. The possibilities are endless.

I was so pleased with my book, when I saw Book Sneeze offering the same book in electronic copy I picked up a second copy for my Kindle reader. Now I can copy and past the quote into an article, instead of typing out the words and possibly making a mistake. Since I own two copies you can assume that I really enjoyed this book! I think I'll be giving it as a Father's Day gift to a few family members as well. Shhh.....

Disclosure of Material Connection: I purchased the hardcover copy of the book at Amazon and received the electronic book Billy Graham in Quotes free from Thomas Nelson as part of their blogger review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
on August 15, 2014
This book is just awesome. It is filled with all with Billy Graham quotes which is priceless. I am happy to own this and always refer to it when I need strength. Thanks and I would definitely recommend this to anyone since he is a true follower of Jesus Christ.
on March 14, 2013
and give you answers for every topic mentioned in a short span of words. Praise God for His Word,and that as always,Billy Grahams use is ONLY the Bible for answers to everything we may face on this earth. These quotes are amazing in that you know the Holy Spirit is involved in the writing of this book." Billy Graham Quotes" by his son Franklin,shows the apple does not fall far from the tree. Can't get much better then this. Love this book for its knowledge and helpful answers you may stumble over throughout your day.
on March 18, 2014
I love Billy Grahams sermons and now I have his tid-bits to get me through some subjects in life.

I love opening this book randomly or for a specific topic and just reading Billy Grahams quote. Thankfully, I can even hear it in his voice. :)
on August 6, 2011
Billy Graham in quotes you say? I haven't read much about or by Billy Graham, honestly. But, to have him in quotes is very handy. The book is formatted in a very organized fashion. These quotes are nicely put under categories for easy reference to each speaking engagement or text they were drawn from.

Even if I do not agree with some crusade type evangelism techniques or theologically him on every issue, some of which I reaffirmed our variances in theology during this overview. We could not in good faith say that Graham was anything but a man of God who has cared for lost and dying souls. God has certainly used him to His Glory with Graham's life that is not over yet and with this book!

I recommend it for pastors reference, a nice discussion book or a go to book to get one of the world's greats perspective.

The book was provided free from the publisher in exchange for this review, a positive review was not required.
on September 6, 2014
Anything concerning the Rev.Billy Graham is spot on. I admire and believe in Billy Graham as an excellent role model for all Christians. The book is excellent in the manner which Franklin Graham lay out this book is excellent.
on October 16, 2011
"Billy Graham in Quotes," a good reference book for all you Billy Graham fans. I have never read much of his material, so would not fit into this category. However, for you not so great Billy Graham fans, I did think that some of the quotes were rather self-explanatory and that they did push it a bit, and use lots of quotes saying the same thing. However, I did mark a few quotes here and there which I did find particularly helpful. But, with 387 pages full of quotes you'd hope that there would be a few that you might find helpful. Some quotes I did find to be a bit pointless, like they were there to fill up space and didn't really say much. Since it is divided into topical sections, I would love it when looking for advice on a particular topic, and it covers practically every topic under the sun. I read this book the whole way through, cover to cover, and did find it a little dry in places, but that is partly my fault, because I don't think that it is designed to be a book read cover to cover. It is designed as a reference book, and if you don't read the book in the right way, sometimes it is a little hard to get something out of it.