5.0 out of 5 stars Bilz box's are fun!
I bought these for my grandchildren for Christmas. They loved them! Cash is always a good gift and these boxes make it fun to give cash. It took some of them over an hour to figure out how to get it open. Very entertaining.
Published on January 11, 2007 by L. Erickson

2.0 out of 5 stars money puzzle
Published on January 7, 2009 by Renee

5.0 out of 5 stars Bilz box's are fun!, January 11, 2007

2.0 out of 5 stars money puzzle, January 7, 2009
Renee (Ithaca, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bilz Obstacle - puzzle gift for money or gift certificates (Maze Bank)
i gave this toy to my 19 year old nephew for christmas. we had a great time watching him figure it out. the fun was short lived, however, since it wasn't as hard as it appeared. i had hoped this maze would have kept him busy for at least 30 minutes, but no...maybe because he's so smart or maybe because it wasn't as hard as it claimed to be. in the end we discovered that if you just hit the end of it with your palm, the trap door opens and you can take your prize out. would i buy it again? probably, but for someone who is a lot younger...like 12.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Suprise!, January 16, 2007
My nieces and nephews were a bit taken when they saw they had to solve the puzzle before getting their gift card. It makes a more unique way of giving a basic gift card or money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Money Puzzle, January 6, 2008
I purchased two of these to give for Christmas. I expected the recipients to take alot of time to solve the puzzles, and provide entertainment to other family members for most of Christmas day. However, it only took them about 10 minutes each to open the puzzles using a magnet to move the ball bearing through the maze. I was very impressed. Either way, this is a great idea to wrap up a gift of currency or a gift card. Highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool, but not THAT easy!, January 16, 2011
After reading a lot of the other reviews I was worried that this would be too easy for my son (8) and nephews (9, 11, 12). Uh... NOT at all! I accidentally put the wrong gift card in one of them so I was forced to 'solve' it myself on Christmas eve. Twenty-five minutes and multiple contortions later it popped open..lol! And yes, all I could think about the entire time was 'One lady said her 4 year-old did it in minutes...' I had to give myself a little pep talk to keep my self-esteem from plummeting!

That said, the boxes are very cool. My 8 year-old needed a little guidance (the part with the three holes is a killer) but once he got it, he really got it... and proceeded to do it throughout the day. One of the nephews needed help, the other got it just fine after about 20 minutes, and the third asked for a hammer (denied.) Well worth the money.

On a side note, one of the boxes I purchased was broken... a tiny piece inside broke off, which happened to be the piece that holds the tray inside. I emailed the company, they told me to toss it, then promptly issued a refund. Emails were returned on a Sunday! Excellent customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a terrific idea to give the gift of money with a Bilz Maze!, January 7, 2009
Bought this game for my son for Christmas 2008. My son who is 17 wanted money for Christmas this year instead of gifts, so he can decide later on what he would need, or want. Well, this game was an awesome gift. He absolutely loved it, not what he thought he was going to get, (an envelope in the tree), but a wrapped gift under the tree, not quite what he expected. Well when he opened it, he was very much surprised that he got money in a game. With a steady hand and alot of patience my son managed to finish the game in about 15 minutes, and when the drawer opened, he pushed it back in and restarted the game and did it again. When his friends came over that night, he showed them what he received for christmas, and each one of them had to try it. It is a great conversation piece. This little game was great and I am very happy that I purchased it. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, fun way to give money!, April 24, 2008
I bought two of these for confirmation money! They were for 13 year olds. I figured the maze out in about 10 min, my nephew and neice figured it out in about 15 min. Wish it was just a little bit harder.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bilz Box, January 12, 2009
Unfortunately, only one of the two boxes we ordered arrived in a working condition. This forced us to have to decide between our two kids upon which we would tease with this device. The actual devise is pretty clever in design but even without anything in the devise (money, gift certificates, etc) to differentiate between the two levels it still only took about 8 or nine minutes to solve. It took the kids less than five.
Probably a better devise for preteen children than for any older as it really wasn't that big of a challenge for our two older kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for gifts !, April 10, 2008
when i give cash i do it in one of these....they are a lot of fun. ive tried give certs but they always dont fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Gifts, December 7, 2007
SummerChic (Glendale, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This gadget is great for gifts, especially for youngsters! Insert money and watch them have fun trying to get it out. Simple instructions included.

Rate and Discover Movies