4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the Best Out There!
I bought this Duo Bidet after months of research. My wife and I used not only toilet paper, but baby wipes as well and I was looking for something that would save us some money; as baby wipes are VERY expensive. If you don't use baby wipes at present? Just try one after you think you're clean, you'll use them after that; I guarantee it!

My criteria; I wanted...
Published on August 21, 2009 by Daniel J. Staggers

1.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value...UNTIL IT FLOODED MY HOUSE!
Published on April 8, 2012 by DW

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the Best Out There!, August 21, 2009

My criteria; I wanted something with warm water, a separate jet for female use, and something that could purge the cold water out of the hot water line. And, be able to be installed in a permanent mounting.

I couldn't use the various converters and bypass stuff that came with it, with my sink being on an opposite wall, it just wasn't asthetically possible. So, I just used a couple of quick connect ice maker valves to backpack the copper plumbing in the basement. Everything needed for this is available at home depot. Needless to say, this method took a little time.

This unit (and all units of this type) cause the toilet seat to sit at an angle. I bought some rubber toilet seat stops and screwed them to the old stops, which brought the seat level, but created almost one inch gaps around the bottom of the seat. Then I took some self sticking weather stripping and double layered it to fill the spaces. Sound like a lot of work? Well, I figured this thing wasn't cheap, so a little work to make it right wasn't too much to ask.

The effort WAS WELL WORTH IT! WOW!!! Is this thing nice!

No more toilet paper OR baby wipes at all! And, it gets your butt clean and wet, towel dry and you think your butt just came out of the shower. The bypass is great, you push the button until you feel heat radiating from the toilet, (it does a full hot water shower over the jets to clean them and it doesn't touch you) then turn on the main water valve. No cold water shock!

The only con I can think of, is the female jet should be adjustable, not all women are the same and it would save some squirming around on the seat. The owners manual is horrible, but nothing you can't figure out.

All and all, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value...UNTIL IT FLOODED MY HOUSE!, April 8, 2012
DW (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bio Bidet BBC-250 Dual Nozzle Hot & Cold Bidet Toilet Attachment (Tools & Home Improvement)
I've owned various bidets over the past 10 years, from basic models all the way up to a full-featured model with heated seats, internal water heaters, etc. All have failed for one reason or another, within a few years. Post-purchase support from the manufacturers/distributors have generally been non-existent. So, these days, I'm generally not very inclined to spend very much on a bidet.

This Bio Bidet BBC-250 is our fourth bidet. We've had it for about 3 months. It's probably my favorite of the bunch, due in no small part to the price. At this price point, I'm not going to cry over having to replace it even if it fails in 2-3 years. Our previous bidet was also a Bio Bidet, with integrated toilet seat, but the seat (made of cheap plastic) ended up developing a few hairline cracks which would flex and pinch the thighs (ouch!). So I now prefer standalone units like the BBC-250 without the integrated seat.

Water pressure is plenty strong. Heated water is always a nice luxury (especially on those cold winter mornings), but keep in mind you will have to tap off an existing hot water supply line (most likely from under your sink, so you'll probably have to drill a small hole if you have a cabinet).

At this price, it's an easy 5 stars!

**** UPDATE 1/5/2013 ****

OK, so I had this thing for about 5 years (I purchased it in 2008, although I didn't write my review until 2012), and for the most part it was working great....until December 2013. While I was away from home for 4 days, the hot water supply line for this unit suddenly failed, flooding my entire first floor, causing thousands of dollars of water and humidity damage. My hardwood floors had to be ripped out, the bottom 12-24" of sheetrock in all my walls had to be cut out, not to mention the damage it caused my property (including guitars). Turns out, the cheap 1/4" polyurethane tubing that the manufacturer spec'd for the hot water line must have crystallized and finally burst. Homeowner's insurance to the rescue. I'm writing this updated review from the hotel room I'm forced to stay in while my uninhabitable house is being worked on for the next few weeks. Insurance company told me to save the bidet and the failed tubing, so they can subrogate and go after Bio Bidet. I will NOT be buying another bidet that uses such cheap water supply lines, certainly not for hot water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without it..., June 9, 2011
Love this BioBidet product. Price and Customer service from Good Earth Solutions were excellent. I had previously purchased a similar product called "Pilot Bidet" from a different company and it broke down within three months. Would definitely recommend this BioBidet product over other brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a little shower each time..., August 18, 2013
I love this bidet - its like taking a mini-shower before each flush. I had never tried one, but liked the idea especially since after a traffic accident, my back rotation problems are better some days and stiff on other days. I researched bidets, talked with a plumber, and then went online and especially to Amazon.

Pricing made this unit very interesting and I liked the idea of warm water during the winters. I was having plumbing work anyway, so I got them to install a hot water line next to the toilets. Since they were already there working on the sewer line, they didn't charge me much to install this. It took a little additional plumbing hardware since the kit assumes you will connect under the sink and in a direct line with the copper tubing. Since I was connecting to the end of a line instead of creating a T-connection in the middle, I had to get an extra cap to cover the third hole. However, I am so pleased with the installation and the easy access for any future changes.

I read many of the reviews and liked the idea of a level seat so I added the extra bumpers under the toilet lid which go on top of the ones already there.

I worried about the spray getting outside of the toilet, but as long as you are seated on the toilet, the water spray falls back into the bowl where it belongs. I like it that the rear spray has a little more strength than the forward spray and that you can select the one you want as well as the intensity. There is so much pressure in the line, I never select more than half-way on the intensity. With a little wiggle on the seat, either spray can get at the desired target. It is summer so I haven't used the hot water line, yet, but I am glad I will have it and that it is so easy to empty the cold water from the spray arms prior to directing the spray to the desired areas of the skin.

How did I get along so long without this? I wish I had considered one years ago. I definitely feel cleaner each time. I use a little toilet paper to dry, but save a lot of paper by using the water from the spray jets.

The quality of this unit is superb. The dials make use of this unit easy. I even think that my toilet stays cleaner with using this.

I bought two units about a month ago, once I decided to get this type of bidet. I got a great price through Amazon. The seller sent the units quickly. Overall, on all aspects, I give this purchase a 5 out of 5. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bio Bidet BBC-250 Hot & Cold Water Dual Nozzle None Electric Bidet, February 29, 2012
This is perfect! Easy installation, no problems with it whatsoever, it is just perfect. Everyone should try it. Too bad big box store and plumbing store do not offer this product because I think they would sell a lot of them. Price is very good, much much less than buying a toilet with a bidet.

5.0 out of 5 stars My opionion of this device,, October 2, 2011
Installed it on my lower bathroom toilet, Very easy install, No problems, Just use common sense. Tried it out, fantastic, Works as described. Wife loves it, Will install one on my other toilet.

5.0 out of 5 stars good hygiene, June 25, 2011
it is great product. you will feel really clean after it. you will regret every day you spent before it. installtion is not hard
update: few months after using it, it is really functioning great. everyone deserve having one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Customer Service!!!, June 20, 2011
This is a very good product and Good Earth Solutions provided excellent customer service and the best price. It arrived on time and the packing was very good. Very easy to install. Thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not so easy to install, December 15, 2009
The kit provides two flexible water supply hoses for cold and hot water supply. Connecting the cold water supply from the plastic toilet pipe was not a problem. In the other hand, connecting the hot water from a rigid copper pipe inside a bathroom cabinet proved to be definitively not DIY. The job may take several hours and you need more than a wrench and teflon as illustrated in the box

5.0 out of 5 stars Helping your hygiene while helping environment, September 14, 2011
Rakesh (New Jersey, United States) - See all my reviews
Coming to USA, first think I missed was bidet. Toilet paper(TP) never cuts it. Since I tried Bio-bidet 250, I am not going back to TP. This product is excellent and does a job very well. Once you try it you will not miss TP. I have been using this product since last three years. Initially I tried on one toilet, now it is on all my toilets and even one spare. Installation was very easy. I believe, it also has many health benefits and you will save lots of money and trees by not using TP.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›