5.0 out of 5 stars From an eyecare professional
Published on March 14, 2009 by Jeffrey Anshel

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not notice improvement
I took the recommended dosage for one month. I did not notice any improvement. What I did notice was that my vitamin B6 blood levels were 2x the recommended limit when I got tested for various vitamin levels. So keep in mind that this supplement has a ton of vitamin B6.
Published on May 18, 2010 by AmazonUser

5.0 out of 5 stars From an eyecare professional, March 14, 2009
This review is from: Bio Tears Oral Gel Caps for Dry Eye, 120 count (Health and Beauty)
I am an optometrist and have been recommending BioTears for several years. I see many dry eye patients daily and discuss their condition in detail. I usually start with BioTears as my first line of treatment. Regardless of the type of dry eye that they have, I see a success rate of about 80%! And these patients continue to use BioTears successfully for many months- and they see the difference!
And it doesn't hurt that the company stands behind the product- they offer a money-back guarantee! This product has brought relief to my suffering dry eye patients and turned them into happy and enthusiastic patients.

Thanks Biosyntrx!
Dr. Jeffrey Anshel, OD, FAAO

5.0 out of 5 stars My Lifesaver!, February 24, 2011
My dry eyes had become so severe that I was making trips to the emergency room. Nothing was working and my eyes were developing corneal ulcers. I could not drive, sleep or function in my daily life. This went on for two months. In exasperation my doctor gave me a bottle of these since a Biotears Rep had left them in his office. I was his "guinea pig". He was amazed when I returned three days later and the ulcers had cleared up considerably and I had slept through the night for the first time in over a month without waking up with my eyelids stuck together and in extreme pain! I also had driven myself to the appointment; something I had not been able to do for a long time! I know it is hard to believe that in only three days these things could work so quickly and I honestly can not explain it. All I can say is that they worked for my condition and if I had not tried them I do not know where I would be today. My doctor was starting to talk about corneal transplants...so that is really scary to think back on! Give these a try if you have severe dry eyes and see what they can do for you. They may seem expensive but trust my review because a year after I started to take them I stopped because I did not want to pay so much for vitamins and I tried a cheaper competitor...TheraTears. Within two weeks my eyes started to hurt again. I will never stop taking these because that was proof to myself that I need these things in my life!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Dry Eyes, June 16, 2011
I suffered for years with dry eyes, to the point it was affecting my vision. While working for an eye doctor I found this product, BioTears. It has made such a great difference in my vision and the pain of dry eyes. I was very impressed how quickly I received the product from this company. I will be ordering from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars For your dry eyes, October 5, 2010
My Ophthalmologist recommended BioTears for my dry eyes. I have been using since July 2010. I have no more pains and I feel better. I highly recommend the people who are suffering for the dry eyes.
I am sorry to hear that the price went up recently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't function with them, December 16, 2010
I have a pretty severe dry eye condition. I discovered Biotears 3 years ago after my eyes became very dry due to an usual amount of smoke in the air for several weeks. I was on Restasis already but only the Biotears reduced the pain, dryness and discomfort in my eyes. They helped immediately. I use them every day and have not had to go back on daily lubricating drops.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not notice improvement, May 18, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked Really Well For Me, November 8, 2009
I had tried the frequent eye drops,warm compresses, and eyelid scrubs my opthalmologist recommended to no avail. This product worked so well, I stopped carrying eye drops all the time. Then I ran out of BioTears and since it is a bit of trouble to acquire and I was busy, I just forgot about it. My eyes started having problems with excessive dryness again, so now I am using BioTears again. In other words, I was my own research study: a baseline, treatment, return to baseline, return to treatment clinical subject! And BioTears worked everytime.

Depending on what is wrong with your dry eyes, you might find something else--maybe you have allergies or something. So I can't promise it will work for you, but you could at least try it. I will never be without it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for dry eyes, December 12, 2012
Been using for years, good product, good price . Have purchased other places , this is best deal I have found

5.0 out of 5 stars I give this to a little shiu tzu dog pound rescue with damaged eyes., August 22, 2012
She has had multiple severe dry eye complications and I thought she would never regain a normal life. This product changed everything. Nothing vets did seemed to help much and their recommendations and prognosis for her was not good. She is now almost normal and still takes a prescription gel on the eyes twice daily, but this Bio Tears is what has reversed the extreme dryness. I totally recommend this for all dry eye sufferers. it can cause gastric upset so I divide the pill in half and give it twice daily to a 17 lb shiu tzu after her meals. Just a dab of peanut butter on it, and she thinks it is a treat. (otherwise the taste is strong-contains cod liver oil ) This formula has a high tech protein binder that I understood has a chemical reaction w/ the tear formation process. I have read the manufacturers publications and believe this is a great scientific breakthrough which most vets will not be familiar with because it is primarily a nutritional therapy. Wish I could give this product ten stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Biotears is alright, May 26, 2011
I had lasik and ended up with dry eyes. I was shocked at the price of restasis so wanted to try alternatives. The key with this product is to take as instructed, consistency with taking it was not my forte. When I was consistent I noticed some difference but not enough to continue the product.

Bio Tears Oral Gel Caps for Dry Eye, 120 count