Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bio Bag Dog Waste Bags, 50 count (Pack of 4)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Flavor Name: Original|Size: 50 Count (Pack of 4)|Change

on July 13, 2012
Our family used these bags for a while... it's great to find a non-gmo cornstarch bag that is REALLY biodegradeable, unlike some of the poop bags, which say they are, but really they just break down into a billion tiny scraps of plastic (so they theorize they "degrade" faster than regular plastic. However, this just means more tiny micro-bits of plastic in the landfills and ocean!). Beware what you read in the product descriptions! It should be 100% "compostable".

However, seems these bags just keep getting more expensive. Good product, but I want to pay as little as possible to throw out poop! I recently discovered another similar product at about half the cost, which are called Nature Babycare Eco Diaper Disposal bags: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EWDPPU/ref=rcxsubs_mys2_product_title

Obviously, these are intended for disposable diapers, but work just as well for poop. They are a little thin (a little thinner than the Bio Bags), but they work just fine and I haven't had any problems with them. They are about the same size as the Bio Bags with tie handles. They are white, not black like the Bio Bags, but don't show through, so they are a winner for us. I'm really not too picky about what to throw out poop in as long as it works, it biodegrades, and I don't end up with poop on my hands. I'm happy to find another product that costs less, hope this helps someone else.
11 comment|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2011
i first found out about these bags several years back and before i found them available on amazon. i have been using them for at least 4 years and while i love the concept and the product lived up to the expectations at first, my last two batches have really made me wary of their use. i have a 40 lb dog and a 70lb dog. i agree with the reviewer that sometimes with the medium sized dogs with a bigger, messier amount, the size of these bags doesn't quite cut it. however, i carry extra and just use another if there is a larger deposit.

to my dismay, my biggest beef has been with the reliability of these bags lately. the last two orders of 4-packs that i have ordered have split open, either along the seam on the bottom or just along the crease on the side. it's happened several times that i am just walking along and the poop flies out from the bag behind me, in front of me, off to the side, wherever, due to a burst seam. i cringe at the thought of a bag bursting open and getting fecal on my leg or on my dogs. my dogs are well trained, loose leash walkers who flank my legs so it's not like there is crazy activity on my part with regard to momentum/inertia. i thought double bagging would be a solution but have found that even triple-bagged, the seams burst. i think i have found a replacement biodegradable solution and am sad that i cannot stay with this product.

i am not sure if the recipe for the starch bags has changed over the years or if i am getting really old batches (just like rubber bands, every product has a life-span) but due to my reluctance to get poop on my person, i have to switch away from these.
66 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2012
I have a very active compost bin, complete with red wriggler worms. I bought a set of these bags, some kitchen size, some leaf size, and dog waste size. All fail miserably to compost. After more than a year, when I was turning the oldest compost into bins of humus, I found loads of unaffected plastic bags, this color.

Don't buy these. Say what they will, they are impervious to rot after more than a year in a warm, moist, heavily populated compost bin.
77 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
Our family has been using BioBags since we got our dogs five years ago. But over the last two years or so the quality has seems to have greatly suffered. Sitting next to me are about 12 bags with holes from thin spots, stuck bags that when separated create a hole and split side seams. This is from one box! We find ourselves checking each bag individually before going out to walk the dogs, because we keep getting into situations where we find ourselves with a defective bag. Nobody wants to get poop on their hands. We're trying to be conscious of the environment using your product but it's getting harder all the time.
I know the product in the past has been better. But this is at least the 10th box with excessive defects. I don't see a date code on the box. I was hopeful BioBag would see fit to provide replacements but they have not responded to emails.
on December 24, 2010
I had been happily using these bags for about a year, and ordered them through Amazon's subscribe and save, but in my last shipment of 4 boxes, two of the boxes had bags with weak side seams which split open when I tried to use them. Also, in one of the boxes, some of the bags were slashed or cut, even though the box itself was whole and unmarked. That's 100 bags that are completely unusable.

According to Amazon's return policy, this item is not eligible for return, so you'd be out some money if you order this item and it's defective. I have contacted Amazon anyway, and also written to Biobag USA to register a complaint.
33 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2012
ZERO STARS:
These bags are unusable. Most were split or split upon any attempt to use them. Highly recommend you NOT buy them until the company does something about quality. Once were my favorite, now you could not give them to me.
on September 13, 2009
The nice thing about the BioBags is that they open easily (the sides don't get stuck together), and that they are biodegradable - although, I'm not sure how beneficial the latter is if the bags end up inside another non-biodegradable bag, e.g. in the town park.

The problem with the BioBag (regular size) is that it is only 7.4" wide, as compared to 8.5" for the Mutt Mitt and 10.7" for the Pooch Pick-Up bag. (All measurements are of one side of the bag, when it is opened and laid flat.) Instructions show you putting your hand through the bag and picking up the poop, and pulling it back through the bag. Unfortunately sometimes it is a tight fit to get your hand plus the poop back through this bag. If the poop is on the messy side, it can easily touch and stick to the inside top of the bag, and then maybe to you. (My experience is with a medium sized dog, but I think you could have the same problem with a small dog.) I find myself being very careful pulling the poop through, and I have sometimes had to put the dirty bag inside a second bag...then get out some sanitary wipes for my hands.

The BioBag has from 1 to 3 dime-sized holes near the top (not sure why the hole punching seems to be inconsistent), so you can use one as a carrying handle by looping it over a finger. The actual purpose of the holes are so that you can pull through the other side of the bag as a way of closing it.
review image review image
on July 18, 2011
I had been using these bags for a few years but just cancelled my next delivery because the quality has really gone down. The seam at the bottom gives out, and I have found myself unintentionally flinging poo like a bad monkey. It's not like I've got a large dog either. I buy the regular sized bags for my 20lb dog, and even when he makes a smaller than usual dump, there's a good chance that the bag might not hold up for the 100 feet to the next garbage receptacle.
on October 29, 2009
I purchased these bags at my local grocers and I love them. After doing some research on earth friendly/biodegradable bags, these bags makes the cut. (Here is the link for the product site which give you the facts on these bags: [...]) I purchased the regular bags and the bags are a nice size. I am sure you could even pick up a large dogs feces in these bags. They come in a recyclable box and the bags are lumped together with a perforated top. I read another person's review and they had mentioned that these bags are difficult to open, but it is not true. You separate the bag from the perforated top and they are opened. Also, I love how there are holes on the top of the bag, so instead of tying a knot, you just stick one side through the hole and seal it that way. Pretty neat, in my opinion. Overall, these are great bags and they are great for the environment. The only thing I wish is that Amazon would offer the Subscribe & Save feature for this product.
on June 18, 2012
Roger That!

After two years in my bin, I uncovered black moist compost and...wait for it....UN-decomposed green bags. What the heck? "Compostable" bags that do not Compost. Have returned to putting everything in my compost can and just dumping into the bin and then rinsing-out the can.