4.0 out of 5 stars Good info
I submitted my dog's DNA and was impressed at the quick turn around time. The information I received was clear and fully understandable. I felt that it was worth the money I paid. DNA doesn't lie, and just because one's dog does not look like a specific breed does not mean that the test is somehow flawed. One thing to consider is the scope of the database being used...
Published on July 28, 2008 by fleasx3

1.0 out of 5 stars Guess work-not science !
I have been rescueing pit bulls for about 20 years,and have been selling diagnostics(Lab equipment)for about the same time.Recently I purchased 4 of these so called breed tests from BioPet Vet Lab.There data base is only for AKC breeds,and pitbulls are not recognized by the AKC,I expected no match to be found.With the assistance of my DVM,we ran a test on a confiscated...
Published on October 28, 2009 by T. Reiter

‹ Previous | 19 10 1124 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars - worth every penny, for the hilarity, January 26, 2011
ALJ (Deep South) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BioPet DNA Breed Identification Kit (Misc.)
Very fast and the certificate looks great. Now, I'm no scientist, but my results left me scratching my head.
My dog is affectionately called a "pit mix". She is about 50 pounds of muscle with brindle coloring. Here are her results:

--Parsons Russell Terrier
--Pekingese
--Australian Shepherd
--Chihuahua
--Poodle
--Newfoundland

The laugh I got from these results were enough to make me a happy customer. My friends of facebook all got a kick out of it as well. Thank you BioPet!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Now we know, February 7, 2009
This review is from: BioPet DNA Breed Identification Kit (Misc.)
When I first heard about the existence of a test like this I knew I had to purchase it. Being the proud owner of two mutts I have heard the question "what is he/she?" too many times & not had a good answer to give. Thanks to this product I now have the answer. Such a reasonable price to pay for such valuable information. Turnaround time took less than two weeks. Breeds came back as Level 2 for both Boxer & Doberman. I will definitely purchase another test for my other dog.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible product and terrible customer service, December 8, 2010
This review is from: BioPet DNA Breed Identification Kit (Misc.)
this is by far the worst option for dog dna tests out there. the first time i sent the sample in, they emailed me telling me that their lab had problems and ruined all the samples so they sent me another kit. when i resent the new sample, they said that there was not enough dna on the sample so "too bad" they can't do anything and that i should "go out and buy another kit". nasty staff, inferior product- go with wisdom panel brand for dna- cheaper, curteous, accurate.

1.0 out of 5 stars My little dog came out an Afghan Hound, September 27, 2010
This review is from: BioPet DNA Breed Identification Kit (Misc.)
I have a little 18 pound dog that looks like a Border Collie with short legs, Bio Pet said she is a mix of Afghan Hound, Chow, Brittany Spaniel and Shar Pei. I don't believe that they did any kind of test on her. They did not pick one little dog, one black and white dog or anything close to her size.

I guess it was fun to speculate but that is where I still am. I think she is a Borgie ( a border collie, cartigan corgie mix). I am going to stick with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted Skeptic, February 16, 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: BioPet DNA Breed Identification Kit (Misc.)
I was nearly dissuaded from buying this product as a Christmas gift after reading all of the negative reviews. But, I decided to ignore the reviews and give it a shot. Upon receiving the results, I thought I had been hosed. 'What the heck is a Norwegian Elkhound?'Skeptically, I typed 'black norwegian elkhound' into Google and, I'll be damned, it was the spitting image of my dog. I had always thought he was a black lab mix! The insight was well worth the price. I would recommended this product to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely Inaccurate Test-waste of money, September 29, 2008
This review is from: BioPet DNA Breed Identification Kit (Misc.)
I bought this test for my dog that was a rescue from a shelter and it was completely ridiculous. She is 50 lbs, and looks a lot like a Lab , setter or Austrailan Shepherd mix. The results came back unable to identify a dominant breed but did reveal that she is most identified as a Pomeranian and Daschund. These are toy breeds and 5-10 lb dogs! It did say that she is less then 10 percent lab, akita, poodle and english setter. So she is 6 dogs and the most dominant are toy breeds, what a joke. I wasted $50 on this test when I could have used it towards a real test or maybe some dog food! Please no one waste your money or time on this test!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool, December 28, 2008
craftyb (Camp Hill, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BioPet DNA Breed Identification Kit (Misc.)
I have a mutt and now I know what she is. She had 2 level 3 and 4 level 4 matches. Some of the breeds don't look like her at all. She looks almost exactly like one of the breeds shown on her results as level 3. No one really knows what a dog will look like when mixed with several breeds. I certainly am no expert, but it was fun and definitely worth the price! I am very happy with it and received my results in just over 2 weeks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Greate Dane and Pekingese together? I don't think so..., October 26, 2009
This review is from: BioPet DNA Breed Identification Kit (Misc.)
We know for a fact my dog's father was an Australian Shepherd, and we were curious to find out what other breeds he might be. His results were: Mastiff, Pekingese, Great Dane, and Siberian Husky. There is no way he has any of these breeds in him. Pekingese? Those dogs are 15 lbs. Although some people say it worked for them, just as many have said it didn't. It's not worth the [...] bucks for a 50% efficiency rate.

2.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money, September 11, 2010
Eileen Feigenbaum (Hackettstown, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BioPet DNA Breed Identification Kit (Misc.)
Just got the results back on my 12 lb fluffy white dog. It says she is level 2 (37-74%) basset hound, level 2 beagle, and level 5 (less than 10%)poodle. We got her from a rescue so don't know what she actually is but the resue group and our vet's guess probably strongly poodle with possible maltese, cocker, or havanese. We did the test just for curiousity sake. Hound dog? I think not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to know, November 15, 2013
This review is from: BioPet DNA Breed Identification Kit (Misc.)
I like the option to know what our crazy Mutt is...or at least know where his origins began...However I wish they used all the known dog breed/bloodlines out there because for any dog, they might have a bloodline of "one of the breeds not recognized by the AKC" and that is important to know too. 4 stars for that, 5 if they covered ALL the breeds.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1124 | Next ›