5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff really does work
Published on October 13, 2010 by KD

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave me gut-wrenching Pain
I took these for a week or so and finally realized that they were the cause of horrible stomach pain. I took them on a full stomach with a full glass of water. I even tried opening a capsule into a smoothie. Be careful.
Published 11 months ago by Michelle

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff really does work, October 13, 2010
I have been taking biosil off and on for a year and I definitely prefer to be taking it consistently. I grew a whole new layer of hair on my head, and have enjoyed finally having thick and long eyelashes. I see a difference in my skin, which was just beginning to show the signs of aging. I would never try botox or plastic surgery, but at 35 years of age I am wanting to fend off the aging process as much as I can within reason. This product does the job without any side effects or invasiveness.
If for no other reason, do it for the thicker eyelashes - do not put a prescription product on your eye that could result in blindness when all you have to do is take this wonderful natural product for fast results!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Biosil!, March 3, 2013
I paid the same amount for twice as many capsules on Amazon than I got at my local health food store! I take them with 2,000 mgs of vitamin C. My dr said the C gives the Biosil a huge boost.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave me gut-wrenching Pain, February 24, 2014
Michelle (LaPorte, India) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Made me constipated, December 4, 2013
Gave me terrible constipation, dry eyes, mouth, and sinuses. I really wanted to like this but had to stop taking it due to the side effects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product that I trusted and it really works. No side effect than other brand., September 4, 2014
Hope this will help for those people wants to buy BioSil and have questions wants to know. (www.biosilusa.com)

FAQ:

Q: What is ch-OSA?
A: choline-stabilized OrthoSilicic Acid. ch-OSA is BioSil's patented complex that's clinically proven to reduce wrinkles, thicken and strengthen hair, strengthen nails, increase bone mineral density, and increase bone collagen formation.

Q: How does ch-OSA work?
A: ch-OSA activates the biological pathways that generate collagen.

Q: Why is collagen important?
A: Collagen has been called the most important building block in the human body. It comprises over a third of your body's proteins. It makes up 75% of your skin and 30% of your bones. And in joints, collagen makes up 70% of cartilage and up to 90% of tendons and ligaments.

Q: Does my collagen diminish with age?
A: Yes. In fact, collagen production begins to diminish starting at age 21. By the age of 40, the loss is typically about 1% per year. Collagen loss affects skin, hair, nails, bones and joints. Considering this loss, it's not surprising that the average woman's skin decreases in thickness by 7% every 10 years. But BioSil is clinically proven to generate collagen.

Q: How is BioSil different than the products that contain collagen?
A: BioSil is not made out of collagen, it generates collagen. When you ingest collagen, your body breaks it down and uses it as food. BioSil, by contrast, switches on the body's own collagen-producing cells. In skin these cells are called fibroblasts. In bone, they're called osteoblasts. BioSil not only generates collagen, the newly formed collagen has your own DNA fingerprint.

Q: Does BioSil contain PEG (polyethylene glycol)?
A: No. PEG is not a natural compound.

Q: What's the difference between BioSil liquid and BioSil capsules?
A: The results people get are identical. That's because both the active complex and its pharmacokinetic properties in each are identical. ch-OSA is inherently a liquid. But thanks to BioSil's patent-pending "extrusion-spheronization" technology, micro-droplets of ch-OSA liquid can be bound to a cellulose carrier and used in capsule form.

Q: Why is BioSil liquid marketed as "Beauty, Bones, Joints" while BioSil capsules are marketed as "Hair, Skin, Nails?"
A: BioSil capsules contain the exact same dosage used in the hair, skin and nail clinical trials. Participants in these studies took 1 capsule, two times daily.

BioSil liquid gives you the option of dosing with this same amount of ch-OSA by taking 5 drops, 2 times daily. Or, you can take the lower dose of 6 drops, 1 time daily, used in the BioSil bone clinical trial.

Q: Why does BioSil use choline as stabilizer?
A: BioSil employs their patented choline-stabilization technology because choline has proven to be the "ideal" stabilizer of OSA. Not only does choline stabilize OSA, but it also provides vital-health promoting benefits.+

Q: Does choline have other positive effects on the OSA?
A: Yes. "We believe," says BioSil's chief scientific officer, "that beyond its ability to stabilize OSA, choline functions as transporter of OSA into the target cells."

Q: Does choline provide any other health benefits?
A: Yes. Not only does choline stabilize OSA but it also provides vital-health promoting benefits. Choline is a precursor of phospholipids which are essential to build cell membranes and is also involved in cell signaling (e.g. the neurotransmitter acetylcholine) and lipid metabolism.

In addition, choline protects collagen from being damaged by homocysteine. Homocysteine can damage collagen matrixes throughout the body. Choline converts homocysteine into a methionine, a beneficial amino acid, thereby protecting collagen.

Q: When should I expect to see results with BioSil?
A: In the BioSil clinical on skin, hair and nails, researchers evaluated the results at 20 weeks. BioSil was proven to reduce wrinkles, increase skin elasticity, thicken and strengthen hair, and strengthen nails. Regular consumers, however, report the strengthening effect on nails in about 3 weeks. By the second month, users usually notice the thickening and strengthening effect on hair and the effect on their skin. In the BioSil bone clinical trial, the increase in bone mineral density at the hip by 2.00% over the placebo occurred at 12 months.

Q: How long should I take BioSil for?
A: The human body needs to produce collagen on an ongoing basis throughout life. For optimal results BioSil supplementation can and should continue accordingly.

Q: Are there any side effects?
A: No negative side effects have been reported in clinical trials.

Q: Can I take BioSil products in conjunction with other supplements?
A: Yes. There are no known contraindications between BioSil and other supplements.

Q: Your packaging says "Clinically Proven." What's the difference between clinically proven and clinically tested?
A: Any product can be tested in a clinical setting, but only those products that show statistically significant results can use the words "clinically proven." BioSil is clinically proven in double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials - the gold standard of clinical testing.

Q: From what is BioSil made?
A: ch-OSA is a complex, clinically proven to activate the biological pathways that generate collagen.

Bio Minerals forms the ch-OSA complex using pharmaceutical grade choline chloride and silicon extracted from highly purified silicon dioxide (sand) as raw materials.

Q: How much should I take?
A: The clinically proven bone health benefits featured in our marketing materials were obtaining using 6 drops per day for 1 year. The faster, dynamic, clinically proven hair/skin/nail benefits we discuss are the result of taking 2 capsules per day.

So 6 drops/day (about 1 capsule) is enough to provide clinically proven bone health benefits. And for faster, more dramatic hair/skin and nail benefits, somebody should take 10 drops, or 2 capsules, per day.

When taking 10 drops, or two capsules, a day, it's best to divide the dose into two servings (i.e. half in the morning and half in the evening/night).

Q: Do I have to take BioSil with food?
A: It's best to take BioSil with at least a quarter cup of a liquid such as water or juice. BioSil can be taken with or without food.

Q: What time of the day should I take BioSil?
A: When taking 6 drops (or one capsule) per day, BioSilMcan be taken at any time. When taking 10 drops (or 2 capsules) a day you should take half in the morning and half in the evening/night.

Q: Will I get better results by taking more?
A: Unless advised otherwise by a qualified health professional, we do not recommend taking more than 10 drops or 2 capsules per day. We've very confident you'll get the desired results at these dosages and we do not have clinical evidence suggesting that larger dosages yield better results.

Q: Do I have to put BioSil in a refrigerator?
A: BioSil doesn't need refrigerated, even after opening. We recommend storing it at room temperature between 59 and 86 F. If somebody finds it more convenient to store BioSil in the refrigerator, we don't see a problem with that.

Q: Can BioSil be taken during pregnancy?
A: BioSil supplementation has not been studied in pregnant or lactating women. Although there is not any evidence suggesting BioSil supplementation is a risk during pregnancy, because of the absence of factual information, BioSil ch-OSA shouldn't be used during pregnancy or while breast feeding unless advised by a qualified health care professional.

Q: Can BioSil be taken by children?
A: BioSil has not been studied in children. Because of the absence of factual information, BioSil shouldn't be given to children under the age of 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Stuff Ever, October 29, 2012
After having been treated for thyroid issue, my hair began to fall out. Started using Biosil and within 6 weeks my hair was growing back and is healthier than it was before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Works!!, September 5, 2013
I began eating a vegan diet, and after about 2 months, my hair started falling out in gobs. I started taking a powdered multivitamin loaded with vitamins and minerals and saw no changes. After a random visit to the vitamin isle in Whole Foods, an employee recommended Biosil and said that she used it herself. I took her word for it and I'm so glad I did!! After about 3 weeks of taking 2 capsules daily, there is a remarkable difference. My rate of hair loss is less than it has been in years, even pre-veganism. The only downside is that it WILL make the hair follicles thicker on the rest of your body as well. It made my most recent visit to the salon for waxing significantly more painful, and my aesthetician even noticed the difference.

I love whole foods, but Amazon offers better prices. It ships very quickly, so I will continue to order from here.

4.0 out of 5 stars BioSil, May 5, 2012
I have been using this product for 8-9 months now and feel it does help with hair and skin. I will continue using this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for hair nail and skin, August 11, 2013
I have used this for many years. I have "thin skin had this product has strengthened it all over my body including my face. My nails grow quickly and are strong

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite beauty product, January 23, 2014
I attended 2 lectures (speaker, Richard Passwater, Jr.) about this product and I am convinced that it helps the body produce collagen. I have had achilles tendonitis for several years and it has improved a lot since I started taking this product. I believe it has helped me because tendons are partially made of collagen. The skin on my face seems to have improved also. I will probably take this product the rest of my life. One more thing, I was told that it is more effective when combined with vitamin C, L-Lysine and L Proline.

BioSil Hair, Skin, Nails, 60 Vegetarian Capsules