5.0 out of 5 stars infrared heater-air-purifier combo - works perfect
My experience has been different from the other reviewers.
I have already bought some of these in the older model and absolutely love them. Have saved me lots on heating bills,
I rarely ever have to use my furnace. Plus, I've grown to love the feel of infrared heat. It's definitely got a different feel to it.
The CZ Infrared and it's newer generation, the...
Published 22 months ago by Dr. E L

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost Burned My House Down!!!
Published 15 months ago by J. Johnson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost Burned My House Down!!!, October 25, 2013
J. Johnson (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BioSmart 1500PA 4 Element Breathe Easy Infrared Heater - 2013 Platinum Model (Kitchen)
*** WARNING *** Plug almost burned my house down! It was working great for quite a while then about a week ago I kept smelling something when I would turn it on. I couldn't figure out what the smell was and I tried to locate the smell with no luck. Then last night I plugged it in and could smell it again and again I looked around and smelled around the heater. I finally decided it must be a little bit of dog hair burning off inside of the heater since I have dogs and they will walk by the heater, etc. and their hair gets into everything.

I later went to unplug the unit before bed and got a good shock as I unplugged it and the socket was BLACK!!!!! The cord was literally melted where it goes into the wall! I'm literally sick to my stomach thinking about what could have happened had I forgotten to unplug the unit for the night! The whole idea of these units is that they are supposed to be safe and not a fire hazard like the cheap space heaters you buy at the big box stores. Well, they ARE a fire hazard and a very scary one! The return policy is CRAP with this company, so I am stuck with a $400 door stop now. :( I guess I could try and have the cord replaced... but will I ever trust this thing again in my home? NO!!!! So what's the point of trying to repair it?

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars infrared heater-air-purifier combo - works perfect, March 25, 2013
My experience has been different from the other reviewers.
The CZ Infrared and it's newer generation, the BioSmart, are still among the better ones on the market in my experience.
The main company's website is also the most comprehensive and not just a one-pager selling a generic re-branded IR heater with no company info.

Reason I bought this one is because it also has the all year round air-purifier where I can turn off the heater part and just
run it as a stand-alone air purifier. So it has functionality even in the summer. I have lots of pets, so really wanted that feature.
This one puts out even more heat than the older models I have, which, by the way, are still going strong and I still love them.
When I talked to the sales person about the possible fan issues that I read about, I was told that the fans have been replaced with newer
more full-proof versions and that, that issue has since been resolved. (That being said, I would stay away from getting one on eBay since you
may be getting the one with the problematic fan. I would stick with purchasing from the main company or authorized re-seller. Just sayin...)
So far I have had no issues and I've had this thing for a year now. The heater is whisper quiet even on the high setting.
I'm not too worried about it lasting since the modular design makes it very easy to change out parts like the fan and the heating elements.
I like the fact that the design does not make it a throw-away like some of the other cheapish ones out there.
I did quite a bit of research before coming back to this one. The BTU output per wattage is way more than any other brand that I've researched,
making it the most efficient one on the market. Other than the fan issue that has now been resolved these really are a step above.
So far, it meets all my expectations.

Will update this review if I experience any issues. But so far, still going strong.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can NOT recommend this product. Do not purchase it., January 13, 2014
This product was purchased and quit working 26 days after purchase. I finally was able to
get the manufacturer to send parts. The wiring had literally burned. New wiring and some
component was installed and it worked for awhile. Now, it has quit working again. I have
been trying to get resolution now for 11 days...today having a phone consult scheduled with
their tech person to call to follow up on trouble shooting. It is now an hour and a half past the
time for the call. Not only is the product poor but the calls are not returned in 48 hours and
obviously they are not responsible to meet their time set for a phone consult. With the wiring
burning out twice and with the other reviews about the plug overheating, this well could be a
dangerous product. I will never again purchase from this company nor order something like this
online. I suggest going to a local, reputable store, not a BIG BOX store, and purchase from an
individual who stands behind the product and actually has customer service and cares about their
business. I have done just that as I purchased another IR heater locally last week. I will "BUY LOCAL"
from a real person from now own. Remember, customer service, a good product and standing behind ones
business and products, in person, is worth the price, certainly.
I can NOT recommend this product or the company, which I understand goes by Ace Power.
Avoid this company, this product and avoid a headache. I did order this failing product online but not from Amazon.
I am supposed to star rate this product, but it does not deserve even one star....will click one star as it is the lowest
mark I can give.

1.0 out of 5 stars Same Problems, February 6, 2014
William Henry "Wm.T.H" (Bethlehem, Pa United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this and was expecting a product that would last for at least a few years.

I could not resolve ANYTHING with customer service. Having a bit of mechanical ability I fixed the noise made by the fan which developed within 3-4 months.

Plug gets way too hot which I will be replacing soon.

I rely upon reviews so this is my input.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of fire hazard, November 25, 2013
I also did not purchase this from Amazon either but thought people nee to know.
I wrote to inform them of a potential fire hazard they may or may not be aware of with one of their models. I purchased this unit (CZI 1500-PA) three years ago on 10/07/2010 and it stopped working last week. "How about that, almost three year to the date of the end of the warranty". That aside, I'm concerned about what I found. I have been trying to contact their customer support line and to no avail "K****" and I have been playing phone tang and have still not connected. So I decided to remove the side covers and see if I could see anything obvious and was concerned with what I found. The wire to the high limit switch (40027) was completely burned of the terminal and the plate the switch is mounted to was scorched. Had this not had the metal plating around it, it could have caught fire and cause some serious damage that I really don't want to think about.
I wish I could attach pictures of the damage I found as soon as I opened the unit and attached them to this letter.
I'm hoping they are concerned enough to contact me and discuss whether they want the unit back to analyze the potential cause and possibly fixing it and returning it. My family and I have been totally happy in the way the unit has functioned over the three years and I was a little disappointed that this happened. We currently have another one of their units (lower end model) we use in our bedroom that I feel I will need to discontinue using it until we hear what caused this issue.
I'm Assuming I still will not hear from them either, and will probably need to fix it myself.

UPDATE: Well it took a while but the service tech and I did connect and worked out a satifactory solutions. They sent me a new hight temp switch and replacement wires ($27.00) later. I was able to replace them myself and it's back up and running. While their system is somewhat cumbersum and mostly a game of phone tag, it did work out for me. Good luck to the others out there, keep at it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful customer service, October 16, 2013
One star is still too many. When your heater breaks down - and it probably will - you will not be able to reach customer service/tech support. They do not call back or answer email questions. You will end up with a heater broken and useless. You may get a season out of your heater.

1.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY HOT CORD!!! DO NOT BUY!!!, November 20, 2013
HOT CORD!!! Am afraid to use it. Sent it back once when it wouldn't even work. Always had a hot cord problem before that though and still does although it works now. Just the cord gets extremely hot. Would not trust it. Don't buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars A piece of JUNK!!, March 27, 2013
First off I want to start off saying that I did not purchase this from Amazon. I bought this piece if Junk winter 2011. It took forever for me to get it. After about the second week, it started making that infamous humming, loud irritating noise. I still had the box so i sent the junk back and requested a NEW one. After a lot of jumping through hoops I got them to send me a new one, which took almost 4 weeks for me to receive. Would you believe that only a few days of using this wretched piece of CRAP, that it started with that crazy noise again? Unbelievable! By this time, I was so aggravated, the season was almost over so I just put it up and told myself I would deal with it the following winter.... Well, big mistake. I had completely forgotten about the warranty. So when I plugged it in to use this winter the sound was extremely loud. To contact customer support was a waste of time! To make a long story short, the motor went completely out and now it's just collecting dust. An absolute waste of money. This manufactured should be shut down and made to pay customers like myself money for the product plus pain and suffering! DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP!!! I see this is the 2013 version but I still would NOT buy....a crappy mess!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst customer service ever, March 20, 2013
Similar to others I had a fan issue within weeks of purchase and had to pay to return it. 3 months later I received a replacement. Cannot say that this product is really saving me any money but now it has broken again but this time it is the temp switch as I diagnosed it being an engineer. I called the Customer service line and it goes to an automated message that says most calls returned within 48 hours. FYI, it has been over 48 hours so I guess my simple request for a callback is not considered most calls. I just want the freaken part and I will fix it myself. Why can't they set up a parts purchase on their website if they cannot be bothered to return a phone call? Guess they are to busy with all the customer complaints about their products.

1.0 out of 5 stars Heater broke within first 3 weeks- then was 'repaired' and came back still broken, February 19, 2013
This heater broke within 3 weeks of using it. When we contacted this company that sold it, we were told they cannot do anything and directed us to the manufacturer, who in turn took weeks to get in touch with. Upon sending it in, and receiving it back, there is now another issue with the heater. This is terrible and the customer service from the seller has been even worse.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›