5 out of 5 stars

on June 20, 2000
Format: Hardcover
This book is an excellent book to have as an introductory text for biochemical engineering. Its a good book to have irrespective of whether you are new or experienced in this field.
It covers everything from background in biology and chemical engineering with a biochem viewpoint to industrial applications, modeling, control and instrumentation issues... it has a chapter for each of these things. An excellent undergrad/grad text. Definitely a book to keep for lifetime.
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
Although I don't frequently need it, Bailey, though dated, is the book in bio-technology. If you are buying one book on fermentation this is the book to own. My old professor, John Eastman, swore by it.

I hope this review was helpful; if so, please add your vote.
on June 3, 2009
Format: Hardcover
Old classic. Replacing my old copy (missing from my collection) with the same edition. Happy that I coudl find one!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this also viewed
Biochemical Engineering Fundamentals
Biochemical Engineering Fundamentals by James E. Bailey (Paperback - July 31, 1986)

Bioprocess Engineering: Basic Concepts (2nd Edition)
Bioprocess Engineering: Basic Concepts (2nd Edition) by Michael L. Shuler (Hardcover - November 10, 2001)
$127.74

Biochemical Engineering, Second Edition (Chemical Industries)
Biochemical Engineering, Second Edition (Chemical Industries) by Harvey W. Blanch (Paperback - February 16, 1997)
$79.84