Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

40%
60%
Format: DVD|Change

on January 22, 1999
This is an excellent overview of the life of JohnPaul II. It is a great teaching tool to show people a real life view. It is amazing to see where this man came from and the hard life he endured to get to where he is now. The only drawback is that there are many interviews with people who are, at times, very difficult to understand because of their thick accents. I recommend this for Junior high and older students and all Catholic adults, non-Catholics alike will enjoy the tape!
on September 26, 2000
This video tells the story of a man devoted to God. Pope John Paul's life documents the struggle of a Christian also devoted to the teachings of the Catholic church, and how he reconciled these teachings to become a world leader within the church. The interviews with his friends were very interesting, showing that they recognized his special qualities very early. As our world struggles with great problems, it is good to see how one man has chosen to confront them. I recommend this video for any public or private library.
on December 31, 2007
I enjoyed Biography's coverage of the late Pope John Paul II.

The video is too brief only 40 minutes long. The first 20 minutes talk about the years before his Pontificate. The last 20 minutes cover the time as Pope. It ends rather abruptly. Also, the video was filmed in the late 90's, six years before his passing on. There is no coverage of his final six years.

For a pope who accomplished so much, I felt the covergage was too little. There are good interviews with Childhood friends of the Pope as well as one of his Biographers, Tad Szulc. One major theme is that this Pope helped bring a peaceful end to communism in Poland.

The effort is well done but I found myself wanting more details and broader coverage.

The DVD extras that are included are only text.

Biography has done a good job one the video however if you only want to purchase one video, purchase Witness to Hope by Weigel.
on December 4, 2012
What is included is very, very good. However, I found myself wondering about the last years of his pontificate. After a certain point, nothing was said. I felt like I'd been pushed off a cliff -- at first, everything was fine and then there was nothing!
on February 23, 2013
I really enjoyed this DVD. I learned a lot more about the life of JP II. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in church history.