More About the Author
Prof. Pabulo Henrique Rampelotto is Editor-in-Chief, Executive Editor, Guest Editor and member of the Editorial Board of several scientific journals on the field of Life Sciences and Biotechnology. He is also member of four Scientific Advisory Boards (Astrobiology/SETI Board, Biotech/Medical Board, Policy Board and Space Settlement Board) of Lifeboat Foundation, alongside several Nobel Laureates and other distinguished scientists, philosophers, educators, engineers and economists. Furthermore, he serves on the Program Committee of several world leading Conferences.
Formerly at the Federal University of Santa Maria and National Institute for Space Research, he is currently working at the Federal University of Pampa, Southern Brazil. His recent research is focused on molecular biology, molecular ecology and metagenomics (next generation sequencing) of microorganisms.
Prof. Rampelotto has done extensive research on life in extreme environments, biotechnology, astrobiology, and on the origins and nature of life. He is best known for his leadership and eminent work as Guest Editor of several successful special issues in different fields of Life Sciences.
In recent years, Prof. Rampelotto has received several invitations to publish papers, special issues and book chapters related to extremophiles, biotechnology and astrobiology. Short biographies of him were published as chapters in several books including "Planetary Scientists: by LLC, 2010 (ISBN: 978-1242756979)", "Space Advocates: by LLC Books, 2010 (ISBN: 978-1155279060)", "Astrobiology: by Hephaestus Books, 2011 (ISBN: 978-1243388315)", Extremophiles: by Hephaestus Books, 2011 (ISBN: 978-1243115850)", among others.
His research interests encompass different fields of science, from basic to applied research, including: Biotechnology, Metagenomics, Next Generation Sequencing, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry of Microorganisms, Microbial Ecology, Extremophiles, Origins of Life, Astrobiology, and Space Science (Solar System Exploration).
Most of his recent work has been dedicated to the editorial process of several scientific journals in life science and biotechnology, as well as on the organization of special issues on his fields of expertise. In his special issues, some of the most distinguished team leaders in the field have published their work, ideas and findings, including Nobel Laureates and several of the highly cited scientists according to the ISI Institute. He also serves on the Program Committee of several world leading Conferences.
More information, visit his Researcher ID, Amazon and Lifeboat Foundation profile pages:
--- Editorial Experience ---
- Life (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/life/editors)
- Current Biotechnology (http://www.benthamscience.com/cbiot/EBM.htm)
- American Journal of Genome Research (http://ivyunion.org/index.php/ajgr/about/editorialTeam)
- American Journal of Current Biology (http://ivyunion.org/index.php/ajcurrb/about/editorialTeam)
Member of the Editorial Board:
- Biology (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/biology/editors)
- Healthcare (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/healthcare/editors)
- Microorganisms (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/microorganisms/editors)
- Industrial Biotechnology (http://www.liebertpub.com/editorialboard/industrial-biotechnology/140/)
- Special Issue "Grand Celebration: 10th Anniversary of the Human Genome Project", in Genes (ISSN: 2073-4425)
- Special Issue "Advances and New Perspectives in Marine Biotechnology", in Marine Drugs (ISSN: 1660-3397)
- Special Issue "Extremophiles and Extreme Environments", in Life (ISSN: 2075-1729)
- Special Issue "Polar Microbiology: Recent Advances and Future Perspectives", in Biology (ISSN: 2079-7737).
- Special Issue "Biotechnological Applications of Extremophiles", in Current Biotechnology (ISSN: 2211-5501)
- Special Issue "Extremophiles and Biotechnology", in Current Biotechnology (ISSN: 2211-5501)
- Special Issue "Recent Advances in Space Biotechnology", in Recent Patents on Space Technology (ISSN: 2210-6871)
- Special Issue "Current Biotechnology in Space", in Current Biotechnology (ISSN: 2211-5501)
- Special Issue "Enzymes and Their Biotechnological Applications", in Biomolecules (ISSN 2218-273X)
- Special Issue "Advances and New Perspectives in Microbial Research", in Microorganisms (ISSN: 2076-2607)
Committee Member of Recent International Conferences:
- 3rd Annual World Congress of Microbes (WCM-2013)
- 4th International Symposium of Enzyme & Biocatalysis (SEB-2013)
- 5th International Symposium of Enzyme & Biocatalysis (SEB-2014)
- 4rd Annual World Congress of Microbes (WCM-2014)
- 7th World Congress of Industrial Biotechnology (IBIO-2014)