5.0 out of 5 stars An Extremely Complete Text
Published on August 21, 2004 by R. Dutcher

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
I purchased this as a second book to keep at home so my son didnt have to keep bringing his textbook home. Worked out great.
Published 7 months ago by grace

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Extremely Complete Text, August 21, 2004
The previous reviewer was complaining about a shipping error, not a comment on the text itself. There is a huge and amazing lab book that goes with the text and that must have been what had been delivered. The book that goes with this ISBN number is a terrific Biology text. I researched several high school biology books, and this is the best I found. The writing is clear and makes difficult concepts easy to understand and the graphics make it easy to read. Add the biology lab book and it makes a complete high school biology program. I would highly recommend this for any homeschooling family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good bio text., November 10, 2004
Cindy (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
This text is very complete and goes over all the concepts of biology like five kingdoms, cells and ecology. It is written with the student in mind and a very helpful text. I also used The Ultimate Study Guide for Biology: Key Review Questions and Answers with Explanations by Patrick Leonardi (Volume 1, 2, 3)

These 3 study guides were very helpful for exam preparation and showed me what I needed to study before the test.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and sufficient biology, September 17, 2012
Biology is a long and complex subject, but this book is a comprehensive one. It contains exceptional reviews on biology and sorts all the significant things one must learn. For other books such as Campbell, this is quite brief (compared to them) as well. I highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars I give it a B+, March 9, 2010
Clearly written, good color pictures, wonderfully -drawn diagrams but "blah" end-of-chapter exercises and not a great review of the chapterSome of his " evolutionary" caloms seem to come -off as "just-so" stories . But over-all the book is fine. Rememeber that it is an earlier edition and one more recent may have corrected these points.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for classroom library, June 23, 2013
I needed an affordable, readable text for my 9th and 10th grade Biology classes, and this one worked out wonderfully. It's a nice size to carry, not too difficult reading, and there's a lot of helpful illustrations to clarify informative passages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource, February 5, 2014
This review is from: Biology (Hardcover)
We're using this book as the foundation for our homeschool High School Biology co-op. It is very thorough, has lots of features to help identify key points and help study the material. We really like the lab suggestions. There is a great support website with key points, reviews, quizzes, etc. that goes with it. This is an older edition, so more focused on creatures than the newer books which focus more on microbiology. If you are using for AP you would probably want something newer, but the students are really enjoying this one as a foundation course.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good School Book, November 25, 2012
This review is from: Biology (Hardcover)
The book is the same one my daughter uses in school, so it's a great buy for her to be able to have at home when the school doesn't have enough books for kids to bring home. It's helped her immensely in her homework.

4.0 out of 5 stars A BASIC BIOLOGY BOOK, August 27, 2014
A very basic biology book aimed at the high school level or perhaps Junior high. Subjects are lightly discussed but there are hundreds of photos, diagrams and charts that illustrate the text very well. All the basic concepts and varieties of life are well treated, if somewhat briefly.

This is a good beginners book for the biological world of life on earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not being strong in science myself it covered in great detail what I myself didn't know, December 9, 2014
This review is from: Biology (Hardcover)
We home school and we used this book for 10 grade high school science. Not being strong in science myself it covered in great detail what I myself didn't know. Good quality and detailed. There is a web sight and code you can enter after each chapter for a on line test. IT then scores it for you. You have the ability to retake the tests as many times as needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent text!, July 1, 2014
Excellent text for novice students. I tutor science and love this to help students confused by other texts. The end of chapter reviews and questions are great. I have many students complement this book for clarity on topics. A must for any high school to intro college bio student!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Biology
Biology by Joseph S. Levine (Hardcover - 2004)
Used & New from: $2.49