Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 13, 2011
Glad to see NO ONE posted a review of the book...If you want to leave feedback for the SERVICE, that would be located under the section "feedback."

The book is a good read - better than most textbooks. It's well-written and reasonably easy to understand, and still goes into plenty of detail when it needs to. All-in-all, a good first biology text.
on June 3, 2015
Price was great, came quickly as well.
My only issue was the chapter questions were different in this edition. I had a few classmates that had a newer edition... So doing chapter questions for homework was a pain in the butt. My professor was accommodating as she understood money was a factor for many of us and older editions were more affordable. I didn't find any information missing in the older edition-- money well spent!!!
on November 1, 2011
This book is one of the best biology book I have ever had to learn from. Mader is an amazing author! However, if your teacher is teaching from the older edition, I would recommend getting that edition because it gets kind of confusing.
on March 12, 2012
I found this textbook an easy to understand read. We use it as a supplement to lectures in our Cell Biology course and it makes understanding the material much easier. The chapter questions are a perfect study guide. I hope the Biology department continues to use this book for the general education Cell Biology course, because all you have to do is read this text to get a clear understanding of the material in lectures.
on December 23, 2012
While it isn't Campbell, it covers almost anything you need to know, it much less space. Read this and keep Campbell for reference.
on October 14, 2012
I used this book for AP Biology. It has a lot of information, but it was a pain reading. They need to add more diagrams or pictures or something. Trying to read this book in a short amount of time will drive you crazy. Has a good amount of information, though. You will learn a lot from the book. If I read the whole thing by the time of the AP exam, i wouldve received a 5, because it covers everything on the exam.
on March 6, 2013
I bought this because it was a requirement for my Natural Resources Biology Degree. However I love the book and it has ended up in my personal collection/library for reference. Shipping was excellent, no problems, wonderful delivery.
on January 12, 2010
One of the most clearly written biology texts. I order all texts from Amazon with no problem and no mixup of editions (all one needs to do is type in ISBN number to be sure you get correct editions). I guess buyer above used a seller other than Amazon.
on January 18, 2010
This is a simple text for a high school or first year college student to follow. I have the 3rd edition, which I used many years ago in junior college. My daughter is now taking high school biology and her high school textbook is terrible, so she has been using this book as a supplemental text. I would recommend this book for advanced placement high school students or college students taking their first biology course.
on February 8, 2013
I didn't expect this book to be in such great condition since I got it for such a bargain. It's in great shape for a used book. I am content with my purchase.