Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Medium|Change

on April 17, 2011
I own a pet grooming shop and we are sometimes asked to groom cats. I bought these gloves for that purpose. We also put them on sometimes to reach back in the kennels and handle little dogs who may be "fear bitters" -- nervous little dogs who are frightened because they are in a new environment and are not sure about the grooming experience.

They are comfortable gloves and they have a little stretch to them, but they run very small [as others have noted]. I'm sure they would make excellent rose pruning gloves, but I use them for a different purpose.
on October 3, 2015
I love this glove so much that I bought replacement pair for myself after much use, a pair for my son, a pair for a friend, ...
They are white leather on the palm/hand so do not stain when they get damp as with some other leather glove. There are excellent quality, very comfortable, and flexible, look nice, and protect my hands.

In addition to general outdoor labor/yard work, I do trim bushes, fruit trees, and thorny roses, so need the longer protection for the forearm. The only reason I gave four stars instead of five is that I have long, manicured fingernails and have found that the tips of some of the fingers have worn through after much use as a result. I would like it if there were reinforced tips especially for the index and middle finger (the ones that have worn through on mine). Maybe if I only used these for pruning (since they are called "rose gloves") the tips would not be an issue but I use them for everything I do in the yard even hoeing, moving bricks, weeding, etc, as an all-purpose garden glove.
on January 31, 2013
Great product! I am a 5 foot 3 inch, aged 50 woman who loves working with trees and shrubs. I'm in the process of pruning a dozen or more crimson barberry shrubs for a client and just love these gloves. They fit snugly and the long sleeve covers my coat sleeve for extra protection from the thorns. A few thorns have gotten stuck in the hand portion, but have not penetrated enough to draw blood like my old leather gloves. I did not initially believe that they massage the hand, but after 3 hours of pruning, my hands were not sore! I am definitely getting more of the bionic gloves and hope I can get them in a small size. The medium fit fine, but have already started to loosen up (just a little), so if I can't find small, I'll order medium again. They even feel good going on. I can't say enough good about them!!!!
on October 12, 2011
Turns out large is not large. And if they exchange it, you're stuck w/ the exchange, claiming they cannot refund your money. Not happy.
on January 11, 2010
Extremely comfortable -- I sometimes forget I'm wearing them while pruning and start to weed/clean up, BUT, they are not thorn-proof (or as thorn proof as I'd like them to be, having approximately 50 roses in my garden). But great for general gardening pruning/trimming chores -- the length does protect your forearms.
on May 21, 2016
I have not put these to the test yet, but will soon. I was looking for a pair of gauntlet type gloves as I pull thistles from my friends garden that I tend to occasionally. I like that they do come to my elbows, but even though they are extra large they are snug across my hands, I don't like that feeling, but I wanted to give them chance to break in and possibly (hopefully) they will give enough to be comfortable. They do look to be structured well, nice enough materials. Once I use them . I will come back and update this to let you know what I think of them. Also I will measure around my hand to let you know what an extra large might fit.
on May 13, 2012
i bought these gloves last year through amazon after searching through dozens of reviews. i didn't want to spend $30 on gloves that would join my piles of other useless work gloves. these are awesome, and worth every penny. i use them for running my chipper with scratchy brances, picking blackberries and currants, and, of course, my roses. they are so comfortable. i honestly forget i have them on. i can actually pick berries and feel what i am doing. and, no more arms that look like i tried to bathe a cat! they are not too hot to wear, the sweat wicks away. i did upsize, according to customer review suggestions, and my XL's fit just right. i would compare the size to a men's medium that runs tight. after a year of hard use, they still work great. i won't even bother looking for another brand when these eventually wear out. my only disappointment is that they don't make these in men's sizes, and my husband sure is jealous.
on April 30, 2012
Love these gloves for working with my 40+ rose bushes. I gave 5 stars but I have also used them for weeding and had the tips of the index and middle finger on my right hand wear through pretty quickly. Since they weren't really designed for that, I didn't down grade them for that. GREAT with pruning and working the roses!
on August 22, 2013
I've managed to use these gloves fairly regularly. The glove portion is really nice and comfortable. The problem is the arm protective material. It's made out of some kind of heavy vinyl-type material that is hot and doesn't breathe at all. During hot weather, my arms become extremely uncomfortable and I have to take the gloves off. If they could manufacture the gloves with a natural arm protector like leather or heavy cotton/linen, it would work much better.
on April 16, 2011
I wish I could have kept these they are great looking and feeling gloves.
But this size small is really an extra small. I've always worn a size small across all kinds
of garden glove vendors. This is a snug pair of gloves to start so recommend one size up.