5.0 out of 5 stars Easily Understood
Published on December 19, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Examination Copy
I was very pleased with my order from them. However, I received the examination copy without knowing that was what I had ordered. It confused me at first because I didn't know what it was and was worried it might differ from the book I needed. All was good though, but I would suggest contacting the seller to make sure you know exactly what you are getting!
Published on January 16, 2013 by Vbryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily Understood, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Biopsychology (8th Edition) (Hardcover)
We're using this as a textbook in one of my PhD classes, and this is one of the few textbooks that I have that is written in surprisingly easy language, making everything easily understood. I can say that there are a few concepts that you might need extra help with if you don't have a basic understanding of human biology, genetics, and evolution--though even those topics are relatively well-explained for people who don't have as much experience in those subjects (I would assume). All in all, I would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Worthy Read!, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Biopsychology (8th Edition) (Hardcover)
This textbook is absolutely phenomenal. The average student does not at all enjoy reading the assigned texts in a class; this book is a whole different story. It is very well-written, conversational, educational yet easy to understand, and just overall "fun" to read! It's like it was written by an average person who just happens to know a lot about what he's talking about! I've never WANTED to do assigned reading before this course! Thanks Dr. Pinel!

4.0 out of 5 stars Biopsychology Classes, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Biopsychology (8th Edition) (Hardcover)
The professor recommended on saving money by buying older or used editions of the textbook because the classroom material wasn't going to be based on the text. However I found the words in this book easy to understand, and the vocabulary used seemed to make the reading more interesting than other science textbooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZINGLY comprehensive - real teachers can break down anything to the level of a child w/o talking down on their students, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Biopsychology (8th Edition) (Hardcover)
I needed to have this book for my college class. I am so happy that my professor chose this book. It makes a tough subject understandable. As a matter of fact, I had to take my 8 year old granddaughter to her swimming lesson, I said to her that I was thankful for the opportunity to take her to the lesson, but I could not get behind in my reading for school. I proceeded to tell her that she needed to read my book to me on the way to the lesson so that I did not lose reading time. Her response to me was, "Okay Grandmother, but if I cannot read the first words I am done!" Oh how many times I would like to say that one to a professor! : ) As it turned out, she could read sentences before she needed my help. Some of the words she needed a little help with pronunciation and on a few words and a few words she had to spells so that I could tell her how to say the word. However. as she read I asked her if she understood what she read and we began sharing the understanding of Biopsychology in a very meaningful way. For her, she got to know things that she never heard about, and she received confidence in the fact that she was able to read a college level book (WOW! think of the long term impact of that one), and we made a memory of love, all this happened on the way to just one swimming lesson. From the time that I sewed into taking her to a swimming lesson and explaining to this 8 year old the ideas of Biopsychology I reaped the benefit of a rich study time and the satisfaction of knowing our conversation was not about the moment, it was so rich that it was definitely about each of our future lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am using this to complete my Ph.D. in psychophysiology, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Biopsychology (8th Edition) (Hardcover)
This is a very comprehensive text book. I feel that it is extensive, esay to read and will be a valuable resource for anyone interested in looking deeply into this field.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a wild ride!, September 26, 2014
This review is from: Biopsychology (8th Edition) (Hardcover)
The first two words that come to mind are "fascinating" and "challenging," in that order. You'll feel like a cognitive neuroscientist by the time you're done. I don't think my amygdala and prefrontal cortex will ever be the same, not to mention my hippocampus. Sometimes I think I'm having a "spliit-brain" (chapter 16) experience, and my corpus callosum (the largest cerebral commissure) hasn't even been severed! Get ready to be "wowed" by a part of the brain thought to 'generate the neural representation of thought' (p. 430), and brush up on your biochemistry. I virtually knew little or nothing about these and other subjects of the book, but was drawn in by the stunning study of the brain. Bottom line, the whole experience of reading and studying this book is worth every neuron spent on doing so. It's a wild ride!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, November 20, 2014
This review is from: Biopsychology (8th Edition) (Hardcover)
matches up fine with the 9th edition (the one that we were asked to buy for class)

3.0 out of 5 stars Examination Copy, January 16, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT SELLER, July 6, 2013
The book was as described from the seller and was in good condition. There was no highlighting in the book and it looked like it was brand new. The binding of the book are also in good condition as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biopsych. 8th Edition, April 10, 2013
This is an excellent textbook that I saved for grad school. Always references relevant studies and competing points of view, and incorporates the author's personal experiences as a researcher in an effective way rarely seen in textbooks.

Biopsychology (8th Edition)
Biopsychology (8th Edition) by John P.J. Pinel (Hardcover - October 29, 2010)
Used & New from: $12.89