Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum, Packaging May Vary, 5.64 Ounces
- One 5.6-bottle of hair treatment
- Created with hydrolyzed silk proteins for strength and shine
- Silk contains 17 of the 19 amino acids to help reconstruct, reinforce and revitalize hair
- Penetrates and provides protection while improving the condition of the hair
- For use on wet or dry hair
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 5.64 oz.
Color safe and ideal for all hair types
Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Sd Alcohol 40-B, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxy Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol.
Place a small amount of Biosilk Silk Therapy in palms and apply from the scalp to the ends. May be used on wet or dry hair or skin. Use as often as necessary.
Top Customer Reviews
1. It's better to purchase Biosilk at a beauty supply store or Target where they restock pretty often. I've used Biosilk for years and there seems to be some inconsistencies in "freshness" (Of course, this is not Farouk's fault). If you get an old bottle unfortunately, the fragrance isn't as strong and it'll make your hair look even more oilier. Also, Biosilk often has "promotion specials" throughout the year. Promotional Biosilk set come in a box that include the full 12 oz of Biosilk, shampoo and a conditioner for the same price you'd normally pay for the serum itself. Their Shampoos and conditioners aren't that great but it's better to get some extra free stuff than getting nothing at all.
2. Shake well before use. This is also written on the back of the bottle but not many people seem to actually shake before use. Shaking the bottle will prevent your hair looking greasy because shaking the bottle helps to redistribute the treatment serum evenly throughout the bottle.
3. Use while your hair is still wet. If you don't blow dry or flat iron often, use Biosilk when they're wet. If you do flat iron or blow dry your hair, use Biosilk after applying heat. Applying it after will also help prevent hair from getting wavy again due to humidity.
4. If you like scrunching your hair, use it while it's still wet and scrunch with Biosilk before you apply scrunching gel/spray/mousse. This will help make your hair more curlier.Read more ›
UPDATE: After several months of using this product, my hair has grown noticeably and there is very little shedding when I wash my hair even though I use a curling iron daily (thermal), have color AND get a relaxer.
But this stuff! It makes my hair sleek and silky in a way that no over-the-counter stuff I have ever found could. It's not goopy or gel-ly or oily like many anti-frizz products. I think it's silicone-based, so it just slithers onto your hair and then makes it look like a '70s shampoo commercial. (If I also use a straightening wand for special occasions, it looks like "princess hair.")
My hair also feels about 500% softer than it does without it. Not just subtly softer, if you're paying close attention, but like the difference between those new kind of plush toys that have extra-silky fur, compared to the old-fashioned kind of stuffed-animal fur. (I've had guys compliment me on the softness of my hair since I started using it.)
This is a "desert-island" product for me!
I had a shampoo-sized bottle (not sure of the exact ounces) and it lasted nearly two years.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I struggle from severely damaged hair from being bleached so much, I used this product one time and it made it so much softer! I absolutely love it!Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
This is my very favorite product out if anything I use as far as grooming/hygiene. It is Silk exactly like it says. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Krystal Edwards
I love this stuff. It smooths puffy, flyaway ends and adds shine without making my hair greasy. It also smells nice, but in a light, clean way, not gross heavy perfumes. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Eleise de Lacy
My name is Tara. Always use this product and found it on amazon for a good price. Fast shipping. Love it!Published 18 days ago by Amazon Customer