Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 13, 2012
This is a wonderful collection of Dr. Seuss that may not immediately come to mind. My daughter loved The Bippolo Seed so much that she did her first book report on it (she's in 1st grade); and, I went and bought the hard-cover. All of these though are the books she continually goes back to on the Kindle.

This does have the read-to-me option, which we don't use (although I did once go through each story with this option and the narration, music and sound effects are wonderful). I do like that if she stumbles on a word, she can press that word and it will tell it to her. Or, you can click on the pictures to see the related words and pan-in for a closer look.

You get seven titles with this and it is very much worth the cost (you can pay that much for one of these titles at the book store). A great investment.
on May 22, 2013
Both, my son and nephew love this story, as well as other Dr. Seuss' stories. I am very pleased with this app, since it offfers three choices (*read it myself, *Read to me, and *Auto Play). Also: This story came as part of a package (included you will find "The Strange Shirt Spot" - "Steak for Supper" - "Tadd and Todd" - "The Rabbit, the Bear, and the Zinniga-Zanniga" - "Gustav the Goldfish" - "The Great Henry McBride"). Thank you for such a deal!
on November 11, 2011
Worth every penny. Lots of stories packed into one app. My daughter can't get enough of it. Hope to see more titles Oceanhouse.
on March 27, 2014
This is a wonderful collection of short stories published by Dr Seuss in different publications. The stories, as all Seuss', are embedded with wonderful messages about ethical behaviour and good life values for the little ones, but made fun by Seuss' fanciful rhymes and illustrations. Most of them are enjoyable for adults as much as for kids.

My favourite stories, are the Bippolo seed (a modern retake on the European Folk Story of the milkmaid and the pail, but with a focus on greediness), The bear and the rabbit (an hilarious tale, very Aesop's fable in a way, about the power of your intellect to win over brute force, and also on the power of perception to condition your behaviour) Gustav the goldfish (follow the rules, even if they look silly, or you might find yourself in big trouble), and Steak for Supper (about the dangers of bragging and speaking what you are up to when you are with certain people).

I find Tadd &Todd an OK story, while The Strange Shirt Spot and The Great Henry McBride are blah to me, and to adults, but they might be appealing to children.

The application is fantastic, as all of the Seuss stories that Ocean House and Hay House has turned into electronic interactive format. The app is interactive if you choose the read yourself option; you can click on any image on the page and the word will pop up on your screen and will be pronounced. The app is a sort of animated mini-movie. From the main menu (where the icons of the different stories are shown), you click the story you want to read and then select the way you want to read the book, on your own, read-to-me option or or auto-play. The app automatically uses the landscape setting and rotates your screen, and uses the original illustrations of the book (in this case very few), closing up and down to focus on the action and speeches of the characters. Background noises and musical notes have been added to enhance the experience, but you can switch them off in the settings. You can browse the pages on your own using your fingers and the pages flip as if they were the ones in a real book.

The main downside of the application is not the application, but the fact that the accompanying illustrations were very limited originally, so the mini-movie effect is somewhat washed out. Also, one of the stories was unstable and kept crashing.
on March 14, 2013
Great app! I'm a nanny, and I love Dr.Seuss. Which means, the kids love him too. The app is stable, and reads well.
on June 7, 2012
We love OM books! They are all great. This collection is fantastic! The stories aren't as long as some of the other Dr. Suess book and they are super cute stories. I am so glad we got them : )
on March 30, 2015
I love this app! The kids read a book every day on the way to school and it's so much better hearing Dr.Suess than fussy kids :) 5 stars from this mom
on March 22, 2014
My grandkids really love this. They read and listen to the stories over and over. You can never go wrong with Dr. Seuss.