Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on June 28, 2010
We had a bird problem in our covered loading dock area with Starlings and Pigeons nesting in the structure. When we bought the unit we had about 40-50 birds that seemed to live there, after we installed the unit and let it run for a few days we were down to about 8-10. The few that were not scared off we ended up shooting. The reason some hung around is because they had nests and the instructions state that it's very hard to get rid of nesting birds because the desire to care for their young is stronger than their fear of the Bird-X cries. It's been a few weeks now and the dock is now bird free for the first time in three years.
on April 27, 2010
I have a 46 by 50 horse barn with elow insulation. The birds get between the insulation and the roof make a mess and destroy the insulation. It was common for 30 or more birds to swoop down on me when I entered the barn. With this product I still have birds, but only 4 or so birds swoop now and I do not have nests everywhere. It would work better with another motion type product such as the eye, but I am very pleased with the results I have gotten. My barn is cleaner and the horse does not spook from all the birds any more. I would recommend the product. My horse adjusted within a few days to the bird calls it emits.
on December 17, 2012
I live in Maricopa AZ and we installed solar panels and found that the pigeons loved to get under and and make a mess. We got professionals to secure with wire the opening, but the pigeons found their way under the smallest opening. We tried a product called Tanglefoot which worked only if the pigeons happen to land on it and with a large roof that is very hit and miss. We even tried a product that
was suppose to give the pigeons a burning sensation when they stepped in it. Both these products were extremely messy and lasted a few months at best. The Bird X is extremely simple to install and clean.
We watch the pigeons scatter when it goes off. You can hear it, but it blends nicely with the other bird and nature sounds. Clean the area very well with a power sprayer to get rid of all the nasty poop. We adjusted to work only during the day and random calls every 7-10 minutes. So far so good! Highly recommend, it’s great to have our roof back and not hear scratching and pigeon noises from inside the house.
on October 10, 2010
Ok so we bought and tried this in our shop. THe shop size is 250 X 40.
WIth a open bay. Here is what I found: the birds that have been nesting
which I am going to say generational thru years didnt leave. We had to
use a differnt method to remove. But what it did seem to do very well so
far is to keep other birds away.
on July 30, 2013
I have had pigeons roosting under one of the eaves of my house for over eight years. None of the remedies I have found thus far have worked effectively and those that have somewhat succeeded are either eyesores or messy.

Although the Bird-X repeller didn't drive away one of the pigeons, I believe it was only because that bird had a nest and egg. However, it certainly does appear to have reduced the number of birds present at any given time and I feel like it will be effective in the long run at deterring new pigeons from setting up a roost.

****UPDATE****

One year later and it is proven in my mind that the Bird-X repeller certainly did the trick! Ultimately, all the pigeons left the eave and none have returned. This is a great product and I certainly recommend it.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 17, 2016
I bought this device via Bird-x. I though it would work. At least I believed it until I saw Millions of pigeons on my roof. So I contacted them and they said I would have to change the sound pattern every 2 weeks. And I have to be patient. Well, I am very patient but they are not going away. I feel it is even getting worse. So I contacted a few contractors who are specialized in removing pigeons. They all confirmed those devices do not work. What needs to be done obviously is to remove all pigeon dirt first (which is not so easy on a steep roof...). Then you will to combine several devices such as spikes, wires etc. So nothing easy. Not buy it. I was so stupid to install it up high on my house....
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hello, we apologize that the BirdXPeller Pro is not meeting your expectations. Although our electronic bird control devices are made even more effective when paired with companion products (like spikes, or other physical barriers) our customers have seen a lot of success with using these devices alone.

We would love to speak with you again regarding a better course of action to deal with this particular pest problem. Please feel free to call our customer service line at (800) 662-5021, and someone from our knowledgeable team can help!
on September 5, 2014
I was worried when I started reading reviews of this product. I have a very big Sea Gull problem (over 100). It's the time of the year when I can not go out on the dock. These birds are disgusting and have been on everything including my boat. I plugged this in at 2:30 and by 3:00 they were gone. I had a few come back but none landed on the dock. The next day still gone, I would highly recommend this product for Sea Gulls.
on October 7, 2010
When first installed to project Apple Tree crop it seemed to work to keep birds at bay. After about a month the birds seemed to adjust to its presence. When the Bird Repeller was removed, after the apples were harvested, there was a definite immediate increase in the number of birds in the area. So it seemed to partially work.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 10, 2016
Well, I want to feel like this thing works, but I am not sure. Sometimes we think there are fewer birds, other time there are just as many as normal. It is more of a conversation piece when people ask what the heck all the bird noises are. So far, I can't say that it is working. The instructions say to not expect to plug it in and have all the birds fly away never to return, but I just can't see any results at all even with the thing plugged in for over a week.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Benjamin, we apologize if the BirdXPeller Pro is not meeting your expectations! It might be possible that the settings are not enabled correctly for the particular pest you are trying to deter, or that this is not the optimal solution for your specific pest problem. If you would like to call our customer service line at (800) 662-5021, and further describe the particular issues you are seeing, someone from our knowledgeable team can help!
on August 31, 2015
Finally, a product that seems to work to repel the birds. After having it set up for several weeks there are still a few hanging around but the majority have left the area. They have nests and eggs and won't leave them. They are also much quieter than before. Perhaps next spring it will prevent any new ones coming around. I am using the unit for my back yard and the neighbor behind me who has problems with the front yard tree and bird poop on their vehicles. It is working for her too. So the unit does cover a large area as it states. I am satisfied with the results so far. I just need to get used to the audible sounds it emits. Hopefully, the birds won't. I would recommend it to others.

An update: the unit is supposed to be waterproof. It is NOT. I made sure the gasket was in place properly and the door fully closed and latched. After a rain storm I had a lot of water in the unit and it no longer works. Very disappointed since it was expensive and supposed to be waterproof. However, the unit did work to remove most of the birds in the area.