Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on March 18, 2009
This is a great book for those who want a bit more information on birds in Georgia. Illustrations include male and female, morph stages. Each species provides information with basic species description, ID, size, resident status (common, uncommon, rare), habitat, nesting, feeding, voice, similar species and best Georgia birding sites. A color coded map provides range with resident status. Dual index is by scientific and common names.

I have a good collection of birding books and find Birds of Georgia so far to have a more complete listing of species. I've not been using it long but so far have not found anything I am looking for not listed. Some of the information may be a bit dated - i.e. Evening Grosbeaks are listed as regular migrants, rare to casual - and I have not seen one sine the late 90's, but I'd rather have the Evening Grosbeak listed than not.

If you only purchase one Georgia bird guide, in my opinion this one is the best. If you are like me and have a reference library of bird books, you'll still find yourself pulling Birds of Georgia out first when looking for information on a bird you just saw.
on March 14, 2012
We are bird and nature photographers who basically use this book on a daily basis. It is our "go to" book to identify birds in Georgia. It is very well-researched and easy-to-read, including beautiful artistic illustrations. This is the first book I would recommend for learning about birds in Georgia. It illustrates the bird's description according to male or female (such as size, colors, wing markings). Also included with each bird description is their preferred habitat, feeding preferences and the sound of their calls or songs. The authors have also included where you are most likely to see the bird in Georgia. In addition, the book is easily divided into the classifications of Passerine and Non-Passerine. The book's outside cover is made of a material that won't tear easily. It's a very well-done book, and one that should be in the library of every bird lover in Georgia! No matter how many bird books that we buy, we always keep this one close at hand.
on June 11, 2012
Birds of Georgia This is a great book for residents of Georgia wishing to learn about their back yard feathered friends. I was impressed as were those i showed this book to. Great information and pictures of both male and female genders. Buy this book!
on March 3, 2015
I purchased this book as a gift for my 11 year old "hot-shot" birding nephew who lives in Geogia. He was wanting a book that only had the birds he is most likely to see in Georgia. Now I haven't gotten the thank you note yet from him.... he's too busy birding I suppose.... but as a birder myself who owns dozens of birding books (one can NEVER have too many bird books) I looked at it myself before wrapping and mailing it. I thought it a very impressive book. Pictures and text excellent. Just wish North Carolina had such a book.
on May 11, 2014
Alot of birds are in this book including water fowl. I have enjoyed sitting outback with this book gainiing more knowledge of what critters are visiting our feeding & watering stations!
on July 23, 2011
This is an outstanding bird book for those of us who live in Georgia. It is well written and filled with glorious pictures of each bird. I highly recommend it.
on June 20, 2013
Not comprehensive, but an excellent casual birder's guide. It is more appropriate as a chairside companion when sitting on "the back porch."
on March 6, 2014
Great book. I'm still learning how to quickly reference sightings. Gave one to another novice bird watcher. Great info too.
on September 25, 2013
We love to bird and love books with great info and pics. This book fits the bill. We loved that it is by color too.
on December 27, 2006
Wonderful book, gave to my husband for Christmas. Now he is bird watching. really nice book and the pictures are really nice.