Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.98 shipping
+ $4.49 shipping
Birds of Steel - Xbox 360
|Price:||$24.49 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$5.50 (18%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Over 100 real life planes - Dog fight and dive bomb in actual WW2 planes and rain down terror from above. Determine for yourself which plane is the ultimate bird of prey.
- Navigate through hundreds missions - Embark on 20 historical missions, hundreds of procedural missions scattered throughout 16 different locations. All are inspired by real life campaigns such as Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal and the battle of Wake Island.
- Pioneering online and multi-player modes for flight sims - Enjoy 4 player co-op or go into the new and unique online ware mode to compete against up to 16 aviators across world. More exciting details to come!
- Key innovations - The finest details are the most critical in the new physics and damage models. Controlling speed is a direct result of effect manipulation of the ailerons, and rudders.
- Fun for all gamers -Multiple levels of realism offer a gameplay experience for gamers of all walks: Simplified, Realistic up to Simulator for the serious flight-sim aficionados.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Get ready to strap in, go back in time and take stick in the most pivotal battles in the history of air combat. Birds of Steel puts you right in the crosshairs of WWII's most intense skirmishes. This original IP blends next gen supremacy and the fine details of aerial combat into a historical recreation fit for flight sim fans and history buffs alike. Use your skills to pilot the top planes from all combatants in WWII to recreate history or to change the outcomes of the most prolific battles in history. Online and offline elements add an entire new element to the game which will ensure Birds of Steel remains a fresh combat experience long after you've played for the first time.
Platform: Xbox 360
Top Customer Reviews
I love the realistic mode in the single player mode.
Still trying to get the hang of all the flying maneuvers in realistic
mode. The instructions (walk thru) are pretty much straight up but actually
doing them is another thing. I'm not talking about the basics I'm
talking about fancy maneuvers...not easy but not too hard and it feels great
when you start to get the hang of it.
Bottom line..if you love flying get this game..I love the realistic option!
- excellent interior and exterior detailing on planes
- unique feel to flying each plane
- numerous game mode choices, including campaign, dynamic campaign, mission editor, versus, events, and tournaments
- dynamic campiagn and mission editor let you customize your missions
- one of the BEST co-op plane games I have ever played (including Ace Combat series and HAWX)
- customizable buttons for unique controls
- value! This game is definitely worth more than the $40 retail price!
- there are some bugs: players drop out of games sometimes (rare), AI wingmen and opponents crash into your plane
- learning curve can be steep
|Length: 5:04 Mins|
You have all the options for flaps, trim etc. although not clickable switch cockpits it's all there. Including the "pilot" sitting in the seat! Settings to back it down to Arcade mode is also available. There you can learn to "lead" your targets with cursor help.
Once you advance to SIM mode, all the gamey options are gone and you use your visual lead in mind and use cockpit gauges for speed, altitude etc. You have the option of air starts or airport and carrier take offs. Many Planes and variants available along with some history on those planes. Graphics are spot on and performance is what you always wanted from IL-2 on the PC. I believe this title is what is comming to PC as "World of Planes" and will dominate in the near future!
I could not be happier with their decisions to bring this much of a Filght game to the Consoles! Congrats to the Developers!!
The multiplayer has a variety of co-op and versus modes. You gain experience and points you can use to unlock hundreds of vintage war planes. Moreover, you can customize your plane with decals and art if you so choose. There is also a very cool mission editor that allows you create your own missions to fly with friends. 4 players can play co-op. Or 8 on 8 versus mode.
The single player mode consists of a historical campaign which is great for letting you get the hang of flying. The simplified mode is a good place to start. Realistic mode makes flying considerably trickier as you will stall a bit more often. Simulator mode is very difficult--I found too difficult using the xbox controller. The idea in simulator mode is to finesse the controls, so you'll never push the thumbstick all the way when turning or dogfighting or else you'll push the machine and your character beyond their limits (ending in a black out or tail spin).
The graphics are solid. There are 3 main angles you play with: cockpit view, "virtual cockpit" and an over the shoulder 3rd person point of view. Personally, I prefer the cockpit view. The enemy aircraft are detailed; however, you have to be VERY close to see those details.
This is a fun flight game. Certainly the best vintage flier on the xbox today. My brother and I each own copies, and I can say we're happy with the value as we've spent hours flying sorties in the Ruhr vally, over Midway, and Wake Island. As of this writing Birds of Steel has offered the first bits of DLC including more missions (Battle of Britain) and more planes. I love to see a company continue to support their games. This game is a great purchase!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If I wanted to play War Thunder I would play it on PC(I don't want to play War Thunder).I just wanted a console aircraft fighting game not War Thunder. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Scooter