4.0 out of 5 stars Birds like my feeder
This feeder is attractive, easy to use and functional. The only thing I don't like, and maybe this is just my seed, but the birdseed sometimes gets stuck in the openings so I have to go in with my finger to get the birdseed to come out again. Other than that, can't complain.
Published on June 17, 2008 by RN and EMT-I

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 stars Fine ... as long as it doesn't rain
Hi folks. I don't have spare time to review every product I buy here with over 250 orders in the last year. However, I do feel obligated to mention or warn others when a product fails under normal ordinary conditions.

Published on September 28, 2009 by Jeff4U

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Fine ... as long as it doesn't rain, September 28, 2009
Jeff4U (Conyers, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Birdscapes 366 Tall Tulip Garden Lantern Bird Feeder (Lawn & Patio)

This bird feeder looks very nice, it holds plenty of bird seed, and I have no problems with the funky lid or filling the feeder. (I don't like the flimsy plastic glass)

I wondered "WHY are the birds completely ignoring this feeder when I clearly see it's still half full of seed? They used to like it. What's the deal?" Hummm.

I quickly discovered the problem. What happens is; every time it rains, the bottom area (tray) gets filled with water and saturates the seed, turning it into a thick muddy paste. At this point, the birds have no interest. After examining the feeder, I noticed the "tray" has little tiny drain holes - not quite the size of lead in a pencil. These drain holes are obviously insufficient. I doubt I can drill the plastic holes larger without breaking the tray.

In summary, I find it surprising that no other reviewers mentioned this problem. Ultimately, my recommendation is to only buy this feeder if you hang it in a dry area, such as in a pavilion, under an eave, or a similar location. For me, it's time to go bird feeder shopping once more.

Be well,
Jeff

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Mar 14, 2014 7:36:18 AM PDT
Hello Jeff, thank you for providing such a detailed review of this feeder. We appreciate your comments and concerns regarding the drain holes being too small. We have shared your feedback with our Product Development Team for additional review.

If you have questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973).

Best regards,

Lauren
Consumer Relations Representative
Woodstream Corporation
Perky Pet®

4.0 out of 5 stars Birds like my feeder, June 17, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Squirrels! Gr!, July 22, 2009
I bought this bird feeder for my mother as a mother's day gift. As such, the majority of this review is second hand information, although I have had the pleasure of watching birds eating from it on my own a few times.

I live in the Northeast, and the few times that I've seen the birdfeeder in action I've seen primarily cardinals and orioles, as well as a small brown bird (I have no idea what type of bird this one was). The birdfeeder is always busy, the birds really seem to love it. My mother said she has also had quite a few blue jays, along with random mixes of other birds. So the birdfeeder is definitely a hit. There is a drawback however. Squirrels readily found the birdfeeder, and for about a month birds were unable to eat out of it as the squirrels would steal everything. There are ways to combat this problem, and after trying a couple of the solutions she found online, my mother hit upon one that worked, which basically consists of hanging the birdfeeder from a long wooden stick by a string, and then extending this stick outward from our deck so that the squirrels only option is to go out on the stick and drop onto the birdfeeder. Apparently, no squirrel is quite this stupid.

The squirrel problem, obviously, is not this bird feeder's fault, although if you have a high squirrel population in your area you may want to try one of the anti squirrel bird feeders instead. With that said, this bird feeder is beautiful, very solidly constructed, and does a great job of dispensing the seed. (another reviewer stated that the cracks at the bottom of the feeder which dispense the seed were a bit small, but this has not been a problem for my mother, guess it may be dependent upon what type of bird seed you are using)

Overall, if you are looking for a bird feeder, this is a great one!

3.0 out of 5 stars tall bird feeder, February 24, 2009
Vendor was excelent, but this design of a feeder is hard to use -- tough to fill and get the top back firmly and it tends to tip as it hangs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse feeder on the market, August 8, 2010
Cu (Topeka, KS USA) - See all my reviews
How much engineering genius does it take to screw up a simple bird feeder? Its flimsy and rattles. The glass panels do not fit tight into the sides and they are very loose. The lid attaches to the top by having a cable contraption pass through it, and you slide the top down tight. But when you hang it by that same cable, the lid flops around no matter how tight you adjust the cable. Worthless and cheap!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as sturdy as I need, June 18, 2009
The squirrels just LOVE this feeder - it pops open for them nearly every time. The slide-clip is a great feature, but it isn't squirrel proof.
This is a very pretty feeder (I use it with the 367 model) and fits well into a woodland setting.
I've given this and its companion feeder three stars - average. I think that both of the feeders may last through the winter; I bought both in February of 2008, so this gives them a one year lifespan. Not too bad for the price.
If you aren't subject to a constant influx of squirrels (or if you can mount them on a pole with a squirrel baffle beneath), I would recommend these feeders.

5.0 out of 5 stars attractive and easy to use, April 14, 2009
Rena C. Ayeras "R. C. Ayeras" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I liked the feeder as soon as I unpacked it - it didn't take too long for the birds to like it as well (probably because of the "endless" supply). Where I live, it's mourning doves, finches, sparrows, and the occasional junco.

After a few re-fills, I finally noticed the "button" on the top of the feeder to move the top up and down - open it for filling, and closing it before hanging it up. Much easier to use after I noticed that.

My only problem - buy one more or two . . .

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design, January 16, 2013
The tray at the bottom has holes to drain the rain water that get blocked by seeds. This causes the seeds to rot and the birds stay away. I did fix the feeder by drilling larger holes and mounting the feeder underneath the roof overhang of my house. I have other designs of bird feeders doing a great job of feeding the birds. Get better value for your money and buy a different brand of bird feeder.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Birds Love It!, February 7, 2009
Sharon A. Mcgee (Montgomery, AL United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this feeder because it looked attractive and it holds a lot of bird seed. I live near the woods and I have a lot of birds. I didn't want to have to keep refilling it. The birds love it. I had it up only a little while and they started using it. Large birds and small ones enjoy this feeder. I'd highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, February 19, 2009
This has thus far exceeded my expectations. It is so pretty... it looks like something I could have gotten from Home Interiors for about $50.00. I haven't had it too long yet so I am not sure how long it will last... but I will say so far it is doing well, the birds love it, and it makes a wonderful addition to my yard. ------------2011 update. . . it has now gone through two ohio winters without any care for it what so ever and has not cracked or broken in any way. though i must say the squirrels get more out of it than the birds do but thats to be expected without any preventative measures

Birdscapes 366 Tall Tulip Garden Lantern Bird Feeder