5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A solution to heel pain.
Published on July 2, 2010 by D. Samson

2.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock arches
They didn't help my arch pain, however, they good quality made. I have very flat feet and need more of an arch.
Published 23 months ago by Christine Haley

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A solution to heel pain., July 2, 2010
D. Samson "dsinsf" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have plantar fasciitis. Over the past 10 years, I have easily spent $2,000 on foot products to help relieve this heel and arch pain. In that $2,000 are 3 sets of custom orthotics from three different podiatrists, and countless products from Superfeet, Spenco, and Tacco. This is the first product that has made me feel completely better. No more sharp pain in the heel on the first step out of bed in the morning. One thing I like about this product is it is semi-rigid, easy to customize with a utility knife for perfect fit. They have been very durable too, I alternate between two pairs of shoes 90% of the time. I have one set in each pair and have for over a year now. They are still providing excellent support.

4.0 out of 5 stars These Things Really Work And Cheaper Than Doctor's, May 10, 2010
Timothy (CINCINNATI, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Birkenstock BirkoBalance Arch Support Insoles (EU 44, US 11-11.5 M) (Health and Beauty)
I got these due to plantar fasciaitis in one foot. They have GREAT arch support and provide stability for over/under pronation. These go into all the shoes I wear. I take the original cushion out and put these in. Some shoes that I thought I couldn't wear any longer I am able to wear now because of these insoles. These have relieved my pain and made my feet feel a lot better.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best orthotics, July 5, 2011
We replaced our old Birkenstock arch supports whice we have used for over 5 years. We have tried many arch supports, including "prescribed" custom fitted supports costing nearly $400. and these are by far the most effective. They initially require some getting used to, but once your foot "breaks in," they are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars I have Plantar Faciitis, December 28, 2013
Lisa Torres (San Mateo County, CA) - See all my reviews
Hi, if you have Plantar Faciitis, these will truly help your feet. I've had PF for about 5 years now and ever since I've been using Birkibalance arch supports, I never have this problem any more. My Physical Therapist Highly recommended that I use these and now, my feet are feeling much better. My sister has the same problem and uses these and now she can walk normally . these help sooooooooooooooooo much!!! And these are the best ones to use. I did so much research after my PT said I should use these. And I'm glad I did. Great price and great item.. BUY THEM!!!!! I am always truthful on my reviews because I believe these reviews we post and read can help out others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhh back to the perfect fit!, September 25, 2013
Sallysgirl (Billings, Montana, USA) - See all my reviews
I got an expensive pair of hiking boots, that fit pretty well for my wide foot, except for the arch support I always get from my Birkenstocks. I put these in and ahh!! I had a bit of time getting in the exact spot, I wondered if I should have ordered them a size larger than my shoe size in Birkenstocks, however, I got them place right and I am sooo happy to have a perfectly comfy pair of boots. I was worried they might be a bit thick and take up too much space, but they are thin, just curved around the corners so they fit right down. I am thankful.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THEM!!!!, July 10, 2013
This review is from: Birkenstock Birko Balance Insole
I put these inserts into my running tennis shoes--they fit perfectly! I took out the original insole that the shoe came with and put these in. I love that I am getting Birkenstock support while I exercise. The perfect combination of comfort and support!!! I highly recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, comfort at last!, July 2, 2013
I'm in my fifties and starting to have aches in my knees. My feet always hurt, whether i wear sneakers or some of those expensive shoes that guarantee comfort. I've wished that i could wear comfy flats but they have no support. Birkenstocks are the only comfy shoes i could find.

These inserts can turn any casual shoe into a Birkenstock shoe. They're fairlywide and i do not think they would fit into a dress shoe. I tend to supinate (roll outward) when I walk and these inserts are high enough to keep my feet from turning out. I also have a surgically fused ankle, and the inserts support it beautifully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only as good as the shoe you put it in., September 6, 2014
K100 "K100" (Warrenville, IL) - See all my reviews
Well, this is the second birk arch I have tried. I used it in walking shoes(leather) to walk around a county fair for 5 hours! They did not help for that length of time. My feet were in tingly pain by the time I hobbled to the car. The shoe was a walking shoe, a lady redwing, with a poly sole of some sort, and leather upper. They did not work in a New balance cross trainer either.

I like birk's tula sandals- an older pair, the light blue ones, and can walk on hard surfaces for ever, a very firm sole. The type of shoe this birka balance is going into may make a big difference. I think this arch needs super firm shoes(sole and sides) to go in to be effective. Realize, if you put any orthotic into all these stock gym shoes or walking shoes that are all just soft eva or foam and canvas, how can an orthotic do any good? try standing on it by itself on the floor and see how much support it gives you. same in a department store shoe that has no strong sides or sole.
However, I do like this arch support in my professional ice skate boots(a very hard and firm boot, no foam sides or rubber foam sole whatsoever, imagine your foot being clamped in a vice grip, I say professional boot, not ones you rent or get in the sporting goods store). So I upped the score to a 4. No other arch support works in the ice boot under such severe stress and strain on the foot as in figure skating, not even several pairs of custom orthotics from the podiatrist. Buy birky's before buying customs. buy them all if you have to, to find the one that's right for you! go with a vendor (probably) a private web retailer that will let you return/exchange for free shipping. This is not an item to skimp on, unless you don't really have foot problems. So skip the deals for now and get them from a retailer who has a generous return policy at least until you know what's working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally relief, October 28, 2013
I have custom orthotics and superfeet but I was still having major heel pain. My mother in law has these and the reviews backed her up. They are the only inserts that work with my keen slide on shoes AND no more heel pain. Yay! They felt very different and a little weird at first but I love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for releiving foot pain, April 10, 2011
Got this to help with pain from Plantar Fasciaitis (sp?) .. . made a HUGE difference! They are sturdy and I hope will last a long time!!