5.0 out of 5 stars simply fantastic, one small suggestion for Birkenstock
Published 7 months ago by Melody Anne

3.0 out of 5 stars I disagree with one review...
...which stated that the shoe runs large. I have worn Birkies for eons (size 40) and believe that the
soft footbed possibly narrows the width. I am hoping with time that it will stretch out. Right now,
I can only wear them with very thin socks or none at all. Because the price is great, if I only wear
them as slippers, that will be okay.
Published 15 months ago by The Bobber

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars simply fantastic, one small suggestion for Birkenstock, November 17, 2013
Melody Anne (Emeryville, CA United States) - See all my reviews
these shoes are absolutely wonderful. I wear a size women's 7 and the 37 is absolutely perfect. When I first got them and put them on, I thought, on no they are hard to get on and feel like they are going to fall off. That lasted about a minute and a half and I walked in them all day. I would occasionally look down and say, oh wow, I'm wearing shoes, I forgot! :) SUPER comfy. You won't be sorry if you buy these and they look good too.

My one thing is that I wish the soles were made of something more rubbery, aka better grip. I feel I have to be careful on smooth inclines and when the soles wear and smooth out a little they get downright slippery! I have a pair of sandals that are worn a bit on the bottom and I don't feel safe wearing them anymore...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, Lovely Color., September 23, 2013
I was debating whether or not to buy a pair of clogs, as I have way too many shoes as it is. I was going back and forth between these and Haflinger's, but decided on these (because they were cheaper). I wanted them to wear as to-fro's from the gym, with crop jeans, shorts, and pretty much whatever on the weekend or after work.

I was wanting a black pair, but got the "Velvet Grey" (again, because they were cheaper). I LOVE THEM. The color is like a faded black, which I think is great, and the soft footbed is deliciously comfortable.

I normally wear a women's 9 or 9.5, and always a Euro 40. I got a size 40 and they fit perfectly.

Treat yourself to these clogs. Yes, they're clogs and you may have your reservations about them, but get them because they are very very wonderful.

3.0 out of 5 stars I disagree with one review..., March 30, 2013
them as slippers, that will be okay.

4.0 out of 5 stars Birks, March 7, 2013
The soft footbed eliminates the break in period. This show is comfortable right out of the box. Great shoe for people with any type of foot problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these Boston soft footbeds!!!, January 12, 2013
These shoes are absolutely wonderful, I have plantar fasciitis so it is hard for me to find comfy shoes. These were comfortable from the start! I love the style, the quality, everything. The soft footbed definitely made a big difference for me, I have plenty of Birk's that are broken in and I still have a hard time wearing them, except for the 12 year old pair :) If you have sensitive feet, this footbed is the way to go. They are a very wide cut shoe, so, if you have narrow feet, or even medium width feet you might want to go with the Narrow, my feet are wide and I had to put them on the first hole to tighten the strap up.

2.0 out of 5 stars too big, November 24, 2012
so disappointing that they ran so big............otherwise a comfy shoe. Usually have good luck with this brand. Order a size smaller.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, March 11, 2014
Happy with the shoes, I always wear birkenstocks, but wanted a pair that had a closed toe, happy with them

5.0 out of 5 stars Birks are the best!, March 2, 2014
I had been treated by a physical therapist for a tear in my fascia. I needed the correct support after healing so my arch would not flatten out like it does in most shoes. These shoes have amazing support, and I love to wear them in winter with a wooly sock! They are so comfortable. I wear them for hours and my feet do not "hurt" and "ache" as they did previously. Better price here than locally for me. Definitely recommend if you have foot problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter staple!, February 23, 2014
Boston clogs have been my favorite winter shoes for many years. The soft footbed really is much softer than the normal one and helps my feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, February 16, 2014
S. Tamayo (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I've been wearing Birkenstocks for 30+ years and love the traditional footbed. I really wanted the velvet grey Boston and could only find it in soft footbed, so took the risk and ordered. These shoes fit a but differently than old school Birkenstocks (smaller toe grip, slightly narrower heel cup) but are otherwise just as wonderful as every pair I've ever owned. Satisfied customer.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›