Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on July 26, 2012
These soft bed sandals are very comfortable and required no breaking in whatsoever. The turquoise is a great color and go well with denim too. The Granadas are more stylish than other Birkenstock sandals. They are definitely helping my plantar fasciitis and other foot ailments.
on May 3, 2012
They aren't really turquoise though, more of a medium teal color, but I love the way they feel on my feet! I've had a black pair of Granada style Birkenstocks that I bought 25 yrs ago and the cork is just beginning to break down. I've gotten lots of miles out of them and I still wear them around the house cuz they still support my feet wonderfully. I ordered a M. I have a very wide foot (EE) and they fit perfectly. I wish Amazon would make it clear on the sizing chart what exactly M and R means.
77 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2014
I have bought many a pair of birks over the years and never had them hurt my feet!! These literally peeled the skin off the top of my foot. The second strap rubed on the top of my foot no matter how I adjusted it.
Tried 2 times to wear them and just could not make them work.
Had a friend buy the same pair and had the same problem.
Guess I will go back to the basics, tried and true classic birks!!
on June 6, 2011
I have purchased Birkenstocks before and knew how comfortable they are to wear for hours. The soft footbed was new to me, but even more comfortable than my previous pairs.
on June 20, 2012
Anyone who has ever liked a birkenstock, no doubt loves their birkenstocks. I bought these for my daughter, and because she has owned birks before, she loves this pair as well. Now I will say, she has all kinds of weird skin allergies and can break out with a rash from clothing or shoes if there's even the slightest bit of nylon in them (or a similar man-made synthetic). And these rashes itch like crazy, and spread (over her feet, and even to other shoes), so she really has to be careful with shoes and socks. These birks are all natural, so they work wonderfully for her. HOWEVER, some of the other styles of birks do have a synthetic sort of fabric under the straps. Birk has a trade name for it (which I can't think of at the moment), so we couldn't really tell what it was by reading their description for it. So we emailed the company to ask. And to our amazement, they emailed us back the same day, and were honest in their answer. They told us they would NOT recommend that style to her, that it was a synthetic that could give her a rash considering her skin sensitivity. So they recommended the Granada style sandal instead. Okay, so we really weren't that amazed, because it's such as reputable company. It's just nice to know that there are some of those left out there. Birkenstock is one of the few. Besides the fact that she had to choose this style over another, my daughter also loves these because they're a little more "girlie" than the original version of birks. These have cute little cut-outs in the slightly tapered straps, as opposed to the more masculine looking style that has the straight wide straps. And as for Amazon... LOVE THEM TOO! Can ALWAYS count on fast, accurate, well-packed delivery. Also love the flexibility of the website; can put lots of similar things in my shopping cart and leave them there while I decide which one I really want, and they notify me via email if the price has gone up or down since I put them in my cart. And I can purchase some of the items in my cart, and leave others there to make my buying decision later. And they send me emails when similar items are on sale. I feel like I'm always getting the best deal and making the best purchases with Amazon, and that if I'm sending gifts to my kids (out of state), that they will get them within just a few days using normal (not express) delivery. Summary: Love Birks, Love Amazon.
on July 10, 2012
I love these sandals however I bought it a size to large! Great quality but if your considering buying a pair get them a size smaller. I got a pair for my mother who wears a size 39 EU (8 in US size) but in Birkenstock she wears a size 38 EU. The soft footbed makes your feet instantly fall in love with these sandals. Great quality, great sandals! What else can I say?
on May 24, 2014
As expected, these fit great. This is my first pair of the soft soles. I wasn't sure that I'd like them. Like another reviewer, I have plantar fasciitis. I thought these were comfortable. The problem is, I bought the real leather -- in black. The dye continues to wear off and turn my very pale skin a "lovely" gray. I've never had this problem before. I'm hoping that eventually the black will stop wearing off and I won't have this problem.
on August 25, 2013
Love the shoe and the way it looks, but the underside of the buckles really hurts. I teach and am on my feet all day. Both feet were bleeding by the time I got home the 1st day I wore them. I like them so much, I will try applying a cushioning material. However, if that does not work, I will (unfortunately) have to send them back.
on July 9, 2015
I have been a member of the Birkenstock Brigade since 1990 and every summer, give or take, I buy a new pair. They can't be destroyed--I have resoled, and re-corked but I still wear a pair of Ivy Green Arizonas that are twenty-two years old. That said, these are much prettier and the soft footbed is fantastic. Make sure to get the right width. Open footprint is "medium-wide", filled in footprint in "narrow". I have a wide foot and the 39R is the gold standard for me.
on April 15, 2014
I have worn Birkenstocks for 30 years and they have always been a great quality and long lasting shoe that are classics. This pair is great, except this is the first pair of Birks that left a dye residue on my feet after wearing them the first 3 times. It took 3 wearings before the dye was no longer leaving my feet black! I love them now, but it took a few days!