Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on December 31, 2012
Our in-laws are taking us to Disney in March, and gave this book to our 6 year-old daughter. She has absorbed the book to the point that I think she could deliver guided tours of the parks! She can be sensitive, so we've found the ride ratings (dark, scary, fast, loud) very helpful so we know when to proceed with caution. The book points out several locations in the parks where Hidden Mickeys can be found, so she's really excited to find them when we get there. She has had a few months with the book now, and we think it will really enable her to identify her "must-sees" as we start planning our park days.
I highly recommend sharing this book with your children if you're going to go to Disney. It's a lot to take in, with so many parks and attractions, and this helps them process it at their own pace before they're actually there and caught up in the Disney magic.
11 comment21 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2012
Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for Kids 2013 is a guidebook and activity book targeted for children. It is full of colorful pictures and illustrations.

I purchased it along with the Unofficial Guide for Walt Disney World with Kids 2013 thinking they would both be similar guides for parents looking to travel with children.

I was mistaken.

This book is really for children ages 5-12 to carry with them on the trip.

It contains activity sections for autographs, things to look for, and ride descriptions.

This book is an excellent purchase for budding travel guides and world travelers!
on February 11, 2013
This book accomplishes two things - it gets the kiddies excited about the planning and upcoming trip - even if it is months away. It also gets them them thinking of what they want to see/do - as well as enjoying the activities inside.
on February 9, 2013
We order these books each year we are planning to go to WDW. They are an indispensable wealth of information that will help anyone with planning a vacation there. Whether you stay for a weekend or a few weeks, these books will keep you in the loop with everything from park schedules, character locations, and prices to how to get the most for your money (we're all broke these days) while trying to feed a family of four and still enjoy the Disney experience without freaking out.
We get the kid's guide so that my daughter and son have something to keep them pumped on the way down, and then they give us an idea of what they'd like to do there before they walk through the front gate and get that deer in the headlights look. Haha though it is funny, with so much to do, it can be overwhelming if you don't have a game plan.
My wife and I get the regular guide to pre-plan all the major stuff so when we get there we're pretty much set and can actually enjoy the trip rather than try to figure out how we're gonna fit all the major attractions in (no matter how you try, you won't be able to do everything in one trip).
on November 1, 2012
I have a child who read this book and just went nuts looking through it. She pointed out every ride she wants to go on and she can't wait to get there. There's a lot of blank pages for autographs which is not a bad idea, but most kids I think would rather have an autograph book for signatures. The books is fairly informative and gives great advice for what to ride and what's popular for kids. They also break down what rides might scare children. I bought their other book 'for adults' and between the two, I think you can save yourself the money and just choose the adult book. There's plenty of pictures for your kids to enjoy.
on May 27, 2013
This book was filled with lots of kid friendly information and colorful picture. It also includes a countdown to Disney section and a scrapbook/souvenir section as well. Very kid friendly, not too big for kids to carry around Disney especially since they've included a character autograph section. I would definitely recommend this book.
on June 1, 2013
This is a great perspective of Disney - from a KID'S point of view. Don't expect many tips for trip planning, but it would be a great book to get your kids involved and excited about your upcoming trip.
on December 20, 2012
Our 8 year old & 4 year old loved looking through this before our trip & at the hotel the night before we'd go to a different park. Lots of great tips & descriptions of the rides by kids for kids.
on May 15, 2013
I bought this as an "anticipation builder". The kids love it and are making plans for our upcoming trip. It's informative and descriptive, with lots of color photos. I'm glad I bought it.
on September 3, 2013
My daughter loves having her own Disney World book. She always wanted to look at my Disney books, and wanted me to read them to her. She is only 2 1/2. We're going to Disney World for her 3rd birthday this November. We talk about Disney World daily now, and we have a count down to Disney chart up. My daughter was so happy when I gave her this book. She looks at all the pictures, names all the characters, tells me what rides she wants to go on, and has me read it to her. She makes sure everyone knows that it's HER book. Not mommy's book. The book is cute, and written in a way that appeals to kids. It's obviously not as detailed as the grown up books, but it still has interesting and useful information. I find myself sitting around reading it by myself sometimes. It's nice to get the kid's view of the various rides and entertainment. I'd recommend for any kids who want their own Disney vacation book. It's a wonderful way to get the kids involved in trip planning.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse