4.0 out of 5 stars woof woof! Great story
Biscuit is back. This time he tells us all the things he is thankful for. He's thankfulk for all the things he needs like his bed, biscuits, and bone. He is also thankful his friends. They mean a lot to him. This is great story of friendship to be shared with young children all year long.

Each page only has several sentences, all which engage the...
Published on May 18, 2004 by Melissa Sack

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK
Published 13 months ago by Fern Richardson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Biscuit Is Thankful (Board book)
I appreciate that this Thanksgiving book (though I suppose it is not solely for reading around Thanksgiving time) focuses on being thankful rather than eating turkey. You'd be surprised how many children's books focus on the turkey. That being said, I think the story is kind of "blah." It's not rhyming or clever. Almost every page is simply "Woof! Woof! Biscuit is thankful for ________." My 11 month old son agrees. He never picks up this book to bring to me to read. He'll sit and listen if I select it, but that's about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars woof woof! Great story, May 18, 2004
This review is from: Biscuit Is Thankful (Board book)

Each page only has several sentences, all which engage the reader/listener in the story. The book is made of study board pages. This makes it a great preschool storybook.
I would recommend this book to others. Babies and toddlers will love the "woof" "woof" sounds and the repetitiveness. This is one of a series of other Biscuit books. If they enjoy this one they will look for others by the same author.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Biscuit!, May 20, 2014
As a teacher of 15 years and a mom, I just love Biscuit. This one is of course for Thanksgiving and we have enjoyed them all.

Biscuit is so loveable which is what makes this easy reader book stand out in the crowd. Boys and girls alike love puppies - and really who doesn't?

Great read for an early reader. You can not go wrong with any of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book for Thanksgiving, October 26, 2011
This review is from: Biscuit Is Thankful (Board book)
I like to read my son books that match the season or Holiday. Books for Halloween and Christmas are plentiful, but Thanksgiving? Not so much! We have lots of Biscuit books and enjoy them all. Wish this was "Pet n Play" like some of the other Holiday ones, but it's a good book overall!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for toddlers, November 10, 2014
This review is from: Biscuit Is Thankful (Board book)
This is a cute book. My one year old loves it. I love the picture as and the simplicity of the story holds his interest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, sweet book, November 9, 2010
L. Pedersen "Laurels" (Fords, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biscuit Is Thankful (Board book)
I have another Biscuit book, and my daughter really does enjoy both of them. The only slight "negative" (hence four stars and not five) is that the prose neither rhymes, not has much of a story. But it's cute, wonderfully illustrated, and she loves seeing the doggies and their kiddy owners. It does send a good message: "Every day Biscuit finds so much to be thankful for. Sweet puppy! We both have so much to be thankful for." The illustrations are definitely FIVE stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars "great for beginners"..., November 5, 2009
This review is from: Biscuit Is Thankful (Board book)
My grandson loves puppy dogs and when I found these books about Biscuit , I couldn't resist them. They are easy readers for the young; plus his Mom reads to him every night ... so what an adventure he enjoys hearing about Biscuit and seeing the pictures! Plus, having Biscuit learning and celebrating our holidays, is a "blessing" for the young readers also to "learn about" !!

5.0 out of 5 stars love these!, December 13, 2009
This review is from: Biscuit Is Thankful (Board book)
We love the Biscuit board books! Bought them for my 17-month old boy who is kind of destructive, so these board books hold up well. We love dogs, and so the Biscuit books we have several of. The "Pet & Play" books he especially likes. Lots of colors and textures, and the illustrations are just SO cute. I recommend these books. Sweet little stories!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, April 17, 2014
This review is from: Biscuit Is Thankful (Board book)
This is an excellent book series and when you have a good named Biscuit , it is all the more whorth while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book., February 15, 2014
This review is from: Biscuit Is Thankful (Board book)
Biscuit books are a favorite of my students. This one was especially helpful since we are writing every day about being thankful. My students are 2nd graders, and the reading level is right for many of them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Biscuit Is Thankful
Biscuit Is Thankful by Alyssa Satin Capucilli (Board book - September 2, 2003)
$4.99