Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

on November 16, 2005
The cutest dog in books teams up with The-Girl-in-Purple-Sneakers for a lot of snowy Winter fun.

Biscuit and company have a fun day in the snow. There are snowmen to build, snow angels and snow puppies to make. There is even sledding. Then the day ends cuddled in front of a warm fireplace with a mug of hot Cocoa.

Delightful illustrations are what really drive the Biscuit books and this one is no exception. Simple descriptions and the Woof, Woof of Biscuit show some of the fun that can be had in the snowy days of winter. The board book pages are very thick and sturdy.
on November 27, 2011
This is a sweet story about a girl and her puppy on a winter day. They bundle-up in warm clothing, make snow-angels, build a snowman, go sledding, and have hot chocolate. While there are no surprises or unexpected events, the storyline is appealing to young children. Toddlers will enjoy contributing Biscuit's repetitive "woof-woof" at the end of each page. The illustrations are cute and cheerful. This book isn't must-have children's literature, but it's nice for a winter theme. I'm glad I bought it.

Update: Now that my son is two, this book (along with others in the Biscuit series) has become one of his favorites. Since we live on a frozen tundra 6 months out of the year, it's nice to have a winter story that isn't Christmas-centered. The cold-weather activities have led to lots of discussion and connections to familiar objects and events. We've even followed and recreated "Biscuit's Snowy Day" outside at our house. (However, powdery snow and snowmen do NOT go together!) I appreciate this book now more than I did when my son was younger. Great buy for a midwestern preschooler!
on April 9, 2013
As noted in all of my biscuit reviews.... We are fans...have every book. My 4 year old loves them. We know them so well that when we go to be at night, we don't even have to read the books we now "create/write" our own stories. Love this series of books very simple and short to read with cute content.
on March 23, 2013
I gave this book a five star because I love Biscuit and I have many of his other books. I love to read these books to my class of three year olds, especially the ones that the kids can open the "doors" and find things. I teach children with and without a disability and these books are easy to incorporate and include all of my children during small and large group time. Yeah, for Biscuit and his writer.
on March 12, 2013
I bought this thinking it was like Biscuit's Valentine which has interaction. Biscuit's Snowy Day is a very simple story and one reading was all the grandchildren wanted. Price is good but wish I had paid better attention to realize it was just a book.
on January 17, 2014
We love all the Biscuit books. Our older boys have several of the Biscuit books and we were excited to get board books for our baby.
This book has great pictures and a fun story. Being in South Dakota and with it being Winter with a ton of snow this year, we have read this book over and over!
This board book is fun, our one year old loves turning pages and looking at all the cute pictures!
on June 23, 2012
I love these doggie adventures of Biscuit. My grandson love-love-loves these Biscuit stories. I will continue to buy from Amazon.com more of the Biscuit stories.
AAC
on February 17, 2013
My Kindle is new to me and I didn't think I would purchase a childrens book on it. I always read hardbound books to my grandchildren, but I looked at this and it is so cute, I purchased this one and my granddaughter loves it!
on January 3, 2014
Gave this book to our little great granddaughter for Christmas.
She has a dog (black lab) that just adores her and they play
and such fun together. She loved this book too.
Another good purchase. G-grandma Marge
on March 9, 2013
My 2 1/2 year old grandson loves this book! He can set it up and swipe through it like a pro! His fav pages are putting a sweater on Biscuit and building a snowman. The pictures are very colorful and the story is sweet! Very user friendly!
Plus it's not too wordy for a toddler!