1,988 Reviews
 (1,302)

5.0 out of 5 stars Little sucker could suck a golfball thru a garden hose
This little sucker is unbelievable. The power is fantastic, the torque from the motor actually makes the vacuum jump in your hand when you flip the on switch.

Published on November 20, 2008 by Erick Van De Burg

2.0 out of 5 stars Great suction, long cord, 1 MAJOR design flaw
Firstly, I'm a Bissel product fan.. but was overall disappointed with this vac.

Received as a Christmas gift... used once, probably won't use again unless I'm "specifically" trying to 'un-knit' cat & dog hair from upholstery.

Pros:
Very good suction, nice long cord, vacuum feels 'substantial'.
Easy empty of waste container...
Published on January 4, 2009 by Sunny Gal

5.0 out of 5 stars Little sucker could suck a golfball thru a garden hose, November 20, 2008
This review is from: Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded, 33A1 (Kitchen)

I have a couch in my basement that is the favorite place for my two cats to sleep. The couch had so much hair on it that the couch looked grey instead of purple. I spent 5 minutes with the pet hair eraser and the couch was literally hair free. The rubber attachment on the front works way better than motorized brushes that quickly clog with hair.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it is a little loud, but I guess with power comes a little extra noise. I love this little vac, why pay all that money for a Dyson when this little guy works great!

Edit: The one and only thing I don't like about the vac is the way the air coming out of the unit sometimes blows the hair into the air if you're not careful how you position the machine while you use it. Although considering how much air this little baby moves and the small size of the unit I'm not sure what could be done to avoid this.

Having had this unit now for just over two years I still say its an amazing machine and I use it quite often. Its still going strong, no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little vacuum, November 17, 2008
I was shocked at how well this thing works. I used my upright vacuum on my stairs first then went over them again with the the Bissell and could not believe how much dog and cat hair it got up so I moved to my sofa which has always been hard to get the hair off and it worked like a charm. It has alot of power for such a small vacuum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product if you use it for what it's made for..., December 14, 2011
I read a ton of the reviews on here before purchasing the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. After receiving the product and using it for the first time, I have to agree with the positive reviews and I want to clarify a couple of the negative reviews. It seems that the biggest complaints against this vacuum are that (1) the cord is too short, (2) it blows air out the side, and (3) it just creates clumps of air without sucking them up. Now, I will explain why if you use the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser for erasing pet hair from your upholstery, then you will not have any of those problems. First, I can vacuum my entire couch (which is a sectional that takes up half of my living room) from one outlet. Based on the reviews, I was expecting the cord to be no more than a few feet long, but it is substantially longer than that and I had no problem reaching the entire couch. Second, the vacuum does blow air out of the sides, which understandably is annoying if you're trying to pick up crumbs from under the kitchen table (as I read in one review). However, if you use the vacuum for erasing pet hair from your upholstery, you won't have that problem. I tried using it on my hard wood floors just to see if the complaints were valid, and they were. Obviously, however, I didn't buy a handheld vacuum to clean my hard wood floors. I bought it to get the pet hair out of my couch. And for that, it works like a charm. Third, and related to the second complaint, the vacuum does not just create clumps of hair unless you're using it on a hard surface, which (in my opinion and so far in practice) is not what it was designed to do. And even if it does blow some loose dirt onto the floor, I always clean my couch before sweeping my floors so that wouldn't be a problem anyway. To sum it all up, if you use the Pet Hair Eraser for erasing pet hair from your furniture such as couches, ottomans, and other fabrics, which is what I need it for, the product is amazing. I have a cat who loses fur every time you touch her and I have a dog with medium length fur that basically has needle point ends (literally, his hair has embedded itself into the bottom of our feet) so it is impossible to get it out of our fabric couch. I've tried everything, and nothing has satisfied my OCD need for cleanliness. Until the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. If you buy it with the intention of using it for needs like mine, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review Haiku, June 11, 2009
Dog hair on my couch.
You hang around, taunting me.
This is your demise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pet Hair Eraser - Where have you been all my life?!!, June 18, 2012
I had read the positive reviews about the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser, and was anxious for mine to be delivered. I am beyond thrilled with this product. I have always had dogs and cats, and have never had a product to clean up pet hair that was easier to use, and worked better. I have a Dyson Animal, and will never again pull that out to do my upholstery or stair cleaning -- all I need is my Pet Hair Eraser!

I first used it on the sectional, and it of course worked splendidly. Then I took it to the carpeted stairs, and I was almost giggling with excitement. This little machine is so easy to use, it has incredible suction, and the rubbery tip does a fantastic job of loosening up the pet hair and dirt for it to be suctioned into the collection cup. On the steps and along baseboards, it does a great job getting into the corners where your vacuum has a hard time reaching. Even if I didn't have pets, I would use this product for my steps, because it saves me from dragging out my big vacuum, setting it up to use the manual attachments, and dragging it up and down the steps.

I have used tape rollers, I have used the Pledge pet hair sweeper, and I will never spend another dime on those products. This machine is simply fantastic -- it works like a charm, is extremely reasonably priced, and I expect it will maintain the strong suction capability, because it does not operate on a rechargeable battery.

I highly recommend the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS LITTLE HAND VAC, November 19, 2008
I love this little vac. It has a rubber front that catches the hair so that the powerful suction can pull it into the bagless container. Best of all, this is an electric hand vac so no recharging and always ready to go. It works great on sofas and chairs as well as carpeted stairs.

I have two long haired cats and 1 dog so there's lots of animal fur.

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband's actually excited about this vac!, March 12, 2009
Got two very enthusiastic text messages from him the day it was delivered. Came home to find half of my house pet hair free. Yup- he did half of each sofa cushion. Half of each bedspread. Half of the futon. He basically turned my house into an infomercial, he was so impressed with how it worked. Once I saw the before and afters, so was I. We have two cats, one black and one orange- so no matter where, you always see hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works - Great for Cat Stands, April 1, 2012
Bought this to clean their cat stand which was turning into a gorilla. Was somewhat skeptical but this worked perfectly and easily. I uploaded the pictures so you can see it yourself

2.0 out of 5 stars Great suction, long cord, 1 MAJOR design flaw, January 4, 2009
Firstly, I'm a Bissel product fan.. but was overall disappointed with this vac.

Pros:
Very good suction, nice long cord, vacuum feels 'substantial'.
Easy empty of waste container.

Cons:
Two exhaust/blower fans are positioned on both sides of the vacuum unit, just inches behind the suction area.

The first time I used this vacuum, all of the loose pet hair was BLASTED off and away from the chair I was trying to vacuum! .. onto the wood furniture and floor I had just cleaned!!

I ended up spending more time having to re-dust furniture and re-sweep my wood floor from all the hair and fuzzies I was trying to vacuum off the upholstered chair.

If I had made the purchase myself, I would have returned this vacuum.
As it was a gift from my boyfriend, I feel obligated to 'store' this vacuum and only take it out AFTER I pre-vacuum my upholstered furniture with my regular vacuum cleaner and only use the Bissel Pet Hair Eraser when I need to use the rubber vacuum end when I'm trying to un-knit hair that is embedded into the fabric.

Sorry Bissel, I am a fan, but you seriously missed this major design flaw before launching this product! If this was fixed, I'd be posting a five star review!

5.0 out of 5 stars pet hair no more, November 18, 2008
Margaret B. Tompkins "obsessed reader" (Sistersville, West Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
I just got this machine today Nov.17, and I am so happy with it...I have two sets of stairs and three cats. could not keep the stairs free from hair no matter how much I vacuumed. I was in love after the first three stairs. this is a workhorse and really easy to use. I have at least two other hand held machines in my closet that really stink. your product actually delivers what you promise. thank you for making this.

Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded, 33A1