5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this vacuum cleaner
Published on September 23, 2006 by Kendra Gehring

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice concept, but average cleaning ability.
Pros:

1) Lift-Off feature is convenient.
2) Attachments are all useful.
3) Bag-less.
4) Light does aid in cleaning.
5) Height adjustment for rugs.
6) Hepa filter.
7) Decent cord length.
8) On/Off switch for brush.

Cons

1) Short hose limits cleaning tough spots with ease.
2) Going from the main vacuum...
Published on May 2, 2007 by MATT

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this vacuum cleaner, September 23, 2006
This review is from: Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - 37602 (Kitchen)
After doing some searching and online reading, I decided to go with the Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac when the time came for me to replace my 11-year-old vacuum cleaner. I knew I wanted an upright model with easy-to-change attachments as well as a bagless model. I saw this particular vacuum cleaner in a Target store one day and the pet aspect got my attention. We have a black-haired house dog whose little black hairs always seemed to be embedded in the carpet...even *after* I had vacuumed.

This vacuum is wonderful. It's picking up all kinds of carpet fuzz, dog hair, dirt, and other crud that the old vacuum was leaving behind. My carpets look and feel brand new after I vacuum. And the best thing - no more little embedded black dog hairs! The pet hair turbo brush also makes a huge difference on those areas where our dog likes to take his daily naps.

The cord is plenty long enough for me to not have to constantly stop and switch outlets as I'm vacuuming through the house. I haven't yet tried the detachable cannister feature, but I imagine that will come in handy when necessary.

The dirt cup is super simple to empty out - just slide a little lever over and the cup pulls right out. The filters are easy to locate and appear to be easy to clean/change. The price is quite reasonable as well...at less than $200, this vacuum is an affordable choice for people who want a nice cleaner but don't want to spend several hundred dollars on one.

While there are many other things I'd rather do than vacuum, I'll admit this Bissell vacuum makes it not so bad. The fact that I know my carpets and floors are actually getting clean makes a huge difference. I'm very happy with this model and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone...especially if you have indoor pets!

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the money, October 2, 2006
S. Kosloske (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - 37602 (Kitchen)
My old Dirt Devil (will never buy again) finally died a painful death, and I got the Lift-Off Revolution Pet to replace it. My criteria for a vacuum were: bagless, pet hair brush, attachements, carpet size adjustment and replaceable belt. Found a surprisingly high amount of vacuums have really low ratings, but this one looked promising. Was rated high here and elsewhere. Have to agree, it works great.

Why didn't I give it 5 stars? To me, 5 stars is perfect, and I could find enough nit-picky things with this vacuum to say it's not perfect. One of the $500 Dysons would be near 5 stars, but then it's $500. Got this for $169 at Target (Amazon link), and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars My floors are clean for the first time, September 18, 2006
Anna Otto (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - 37602 (Kitchen)
I bought this vacuum yesterday, made hopeful by the pet picture on the cover. I have two long haired black cats who shed continuously, and my beige carpets have been covered by black fur without any hope of relief since I got my cats a year ago. My previous vacuum - your standard, run of the mill thing - did absolutely nothing to alleviate the problem. I was reduced to spending a couple of hours' time on cleaning up my floor with sticky paper, and I felt that it only has maybe a mild cosmetic benefit without true cleaning involved... it was not a pretty picture.

Bissell revolution is astonishing, given the experience above. I can't recommend it highly enough. My floors are so clean right now. I don't have a large apartment, and in one cleaning, the vacuum picked up all the dirt that must have accumulated over a year. I had to empty the trash canister about 5 times. It was well worth every penny!! Did I mention that it is bagless, too? The convenience can't be overestimated. I still need to figure out how to use a special brush in difficult to reach areas, but rest assured a special brush is available and looks quite useful for cleaning the stairs. The vacuum unit is detachable from the frame, so you can carry it around. There is an indicator for when the filter becomes clogged and needs servicing.

Anyone with pets should have a vacuum like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars By Far the Best!, October 8, 2006
This review is from: Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - 37602 (Kitchen)
I have had this vacuum up and running for only an hour and I must say that this is the BEST VACUUM I HAVE EVER OWNED! I have a pet and was using one of the original Fantom Fury vacuums and I thought it did a great job; wrong it didn't pick up anyting like this one does. I had to clean the cup out at least five times and I only used it in three areas of my home. I did all of the research before I decided on this model and I am not disappointed and you won't be either. I was really impressed with the suction power when I used the hose and tools.

The only thing I didn't care for was that the exhaust port is in the back of the machine and blows on you, but you can't have everything. Try it you'll like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally(!) found a good vacuum, August 9, 2006
This review is from: Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - 37602 (Kitchen)
I have been through many vacuums over the years, never wanting to spend more than $100, some better than others, others I chucked out after one try. I read reviews on the Lift-Off Revolution vacs online here and then saw this one at Target, had a picture of a dog on the box and thought maybe this would solve my dog-hair problems - none of my vacuums seemed to get up the pet hair well, and my off-white carpet had visible dark dog hair in it, never looking clean.

I bought this vacuum and I swear it is picking up years of embedded dog hair. I had to empty the canister 5 times just for my bedroom and the carpets look CLEAN. The only bad thing is the attachment that I used on the stairs, some kind of turbo thing, got longer hair caught up in it and I had to take it apart to clean it out (says so in the directions) and now I can't seem to get it to fit back together properly and therefore the little roller won't spin. I might have to send for a new attachment but I really don't want to take my vacuum back because I love it so much and don't really care about the hand tool for now. Anyway, it's the best vacuum I've ever had. Works on hard floors too - sucks up the dog hair, although I find I have to use the extra powerful setting I use on the carpets on the hardwood floors too in order to get the hair up.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd Time User!, July 9, 2007
This review is from: Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - 37602 (Kitchen)
Like some of the other reviews I did a lot of reading about this vacuum before purchasing. I wanted to give it 5 stars, but there is no perfect cleaning machine out there! It seems there has to be a few "flaws" with any vacuum, but I LOVE this vacuum. The first time I used I wanted to write a review, but I thought I better wait 'til I used it again. I have a purebred "ragdoll" cat which if you don't know has the soft long hair just like a rabbit so they shed a little different and I have had a very difficult time keeping up with him until now. This vacuum picked up so much dust and cat fur the first time that it was Atrocious!!! Needless to say I was very impressed!!! The second time I went to use it the Turbo brush was very weak. I almost called Bissell to let them know, but I read the manual and cleaned everything and today it worked Wonderful again!!
As far as lightweight goes, anything feels light to me because I also own a Kirby, which has the suction of a Dyson, but is soooooo heavy and you have to do a lot to use the other attachments.
I have already vacuumed twice this week, which if you ask my hubby is a miracle in itself.
But in all honesty you cannot beat this vacuum for the price of $169.00!!!
I would definitely recommend this vac especially if you are on a tight budget. Just keep it clean!!
Just to update my review, I have used this vacuum several times and am still impressed with the suction and how much pet hair and dust I am picking up with it. The turbo brush is still working great!!
Hope this helps!!

October 11th 2007 update: I still cannot express the importance of keeping the filters, dirt compartments and the brushes clean. Not everytime you vacuum, but about every other time or so.
I still think the vacuum is great for the money!!!
The suction is still as good as when I purchased this vacuum and the clean up is quick!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vacuum, January 4, 2009
This review is from: Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - 37602 (Kitchen)
I just purchased this vacuum a couple weeks ago. I had an old hand me down vacuum that I had since college that was no longer cleaning anything, so this was my first vacuum purchase. I originally wanted a Dyson because I have used my mom's and I have heard such rave reviews but couldn't justify spending $500 on a f'n vacuum so I picked this up at Target for about $170. It has been a great vacuum and I am very happy with my purchase. We got it because it said it takes care of pet hair, and with three dogs and a cat we have a lot of pet hair. This thing works like a charm and pulled tons and tons of hair out of our carpets. What really amazed me was the amount of dirt it also picked up. I read some reviews that say it lacks suction and clogs, but after 2 weeks and a blanket's worth of pet hair being sucked through it, I have yet to experience this. The filters are nice in that they can be cleaned, except for the "post motor" filter which would need to be replaced but I can't imagine it would need replaced that often. The lift off feature has been great for cleaning steps and ceilings, and the thing is lightweight enough to just carry around with you as you clean (unless you're a wuss). The only downside I can think of is that the dust bin is kind of small but I am still able to clean the whole main floor of my average sized house before I have to empty it. Overall, this is definitely worth the money and I really can't imagine a Dyson is worth the extra $320.

PROS:

* Cleans thoroughly, seems to get lots of deep down dirt
* Great for pet hair
* Lightweight
* "Lift off" feature is awesome
* Cleanable filters
* Reasonably priced

CONS:
* Small dust bin

UPDATE: After about 5 months of owning this vacuum, I still stand by this review. It has not clogged or failed in any way, still cleans the carpets brilliantly, and is and awesome vacuum. The only thing I might add is to my "Cons" list is that the filters and the spinning brush need cleaned weekly if you are using the vacuum multiple times per week, but cleaning both filters and the brush takes approximately 15 minutes total. This is an awesome vacuum.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Overall Vacuum!, December 4, 2007
This review is from: Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - 37602 (Kitchen)
My house has all hardwood floors, and area rugs. It is VERY difficult to find a vacuum that can do both of these items very well. Before this vac, I was using a canister vac for the hardwood (It did that job well, and did not have the beater bar...), and an upright DirtDevil for the carpets (No more DirtDevils). This vacuum handles hardwoods with ease, flip one quick switch to turn off the beater bar, and flip it back once you hit a rug! The floor height adjustments are very useful, and the light is great. The base has good coverage, and when locked upright, the beater bar stops. The suction is great, as I have two pets, and need to remove lots of hair from the rugs. The canister is easy to clean, and comes completely apart for thorough cleaning. The pet attachment is great for removing fur from furniture, or cleaning drapes/curtains. The canister removes easily, however, is a little unsteady when standing upright. The hose can extend, however, when you pull it, the canister falls over. This is the only reason this vac gets anything less than a 5. The canister is great for stairs, and easily transportable. Great price for the power. After 4 vacs...I found my favorite!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice concept, but average cleaning ability., May 2, 2007
This review is from: Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - 37602 (Kitchen)
Pros:

1) Lift-Off feature is convenient.
2) Attachments are all useful.
3) Bag-less.
4) Light does aid in cleaning.
5) Height adjustment for rugs.
6) Hepa filter.
7) Decent cord length.
8) On/Off switch for brush.

Cons

1) Short hose limits cleaning tough spots with ease.
2) Going from the main vacuum to the hose could have been thought out better.
3) Has a belt and hepa filter which will need to be replaced every so often.
4) A retractable chord would help eliminate tangling.
5) On/Off switch is not on the handle.
6) Suction

Overall:

I really like the overall design but 2 things would prevent me from buying this again. The short hose limits the ease of cleaning hard to reach spots like ceilings and stairs. Of course the lift-off feature aids in doing this though. My main gripe however is it's average, to below-average suction. On a hardwood floor, multiple passes are required to pick up small grains of sand or cat litter. Sometimes pieces of litter won't be picked up at all unless you detach the hose and use the hose itself to pick up the granules. Also, you can shake out an area rug after it's been vacuumed and see what this vacuum misses. Unfortunately, it misses quite a bit. I should also mention that I clean out the vacuum very often and it doesn't improve the suction all that much.

This vacuum will clean your house with a bit of extra effort, however it's average suction makes it nothing more than an average vacuum. Next time- the Dyson for me.

*Update 3/16/08* Shortly after I bought this vacuum, I came across a deal on woot for a Dyson $250 DC14 refurb. I went for it, and am glad that I did. Long story short, the Dyson is a much better vacuum. Longer hose, better suction, *much more* easy to empty, and the transition from main vacuum to hose is quick and easy. The cleaning process also takes less time due to the better suction, and seems to also clean the air as you clean the house. It was definitely worth the $80 more.

4.0 out of 5 stars great vacuum!, August 2, 2007
goodgothgirl (Memphis, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - 37602 (Kitchen)
I have had this vacuum for over a year in a house with wall-to-wall carpet and 3 dogs. I am always amazed at how much fine-particle dust I empty after I use it. The bagless situation is great for reducing costs over time, b/c you do not have to keep buying bags. However, for allergy sufferers, you may want to get a vacuum with a bag so the dust does not fly everywhere when you're emptying it. (It does have THREE separate dust filters, including a HEPA filter, for when the vacuum is in use, which is great.) I also love the feature that allows canister of the vacuum to disconnect from the body so you can use it similarly to a hand-vac. The only thing I have a complaint about is that when you use the hose with the canister still attached to the vacuum body, the entire vacuum body will fall over very easily (and sometimes hit you if you're in the way) if you extend the hose too far. Other than that, great vacuum. I'm not sorry I bought it, even after a year of use.