5.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of Fry and Laurie Season 4, September 11, 2007
This review is from: A Bit of Fry and Laurie - Season Four (DVD)
What can I say - I'm a fan. I can't get enough of these guys, but I didn't know there was a fourth season until it was released Stateside. Needless to say, I ordered it immediately, and I wasn't disappointed. As in the other series, their sketches range from cutting satire and social commentary to just plain silliness, and they very rarely miss the mark. An additional nicety is the obvious effort they put into introducing novel elements to each new season, bringing some surprising twists and turns for the veteran viewer.

4.0 out of 5 stars would have been better without the guests, August 1, 2007
This review is from: A Bit of Fry and Laurie - Season Four (DVD)
Maybe it would have helped if I were British too, but I did not recognize a number of the guests they had on this season, and the guests were not all that interesting, though I did like Phyllida Law and Imelda Staunton.
The sketches are mostly successful, though a few go on too long. Hugh performs some excellent songs in this season, while Fry continues to amaze with his command of language and rapid delivery.
So, overall, not as good as the first 3 seasons but still worth viewing. The Mr. Burmie vet's office sketch is particularly hilarious.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical, January 5, 2014
I only watched the TV series, "House," once or twice because I so disliked the curmudgeon-like character of Hugh Laurie. So when I saw this series in which he does comedic sketches, dialogues and songs, I was beyond curious. Being a lover of all Monty Python-like bizarre-ness, I have fallen in love with this series. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the content of some of their humor offends me. If one can get beyond that, or if one truly likes raunchy inuendos, then this series is a don't miss. Some of them I watch over again just so I can get the physical and mental benefits of a good, healthy guffaw! These guys are hugely talented and Hugh Laurie's self-composed/played/sung music is amazingly good, not to mention entertaining!

4.0 out of 5 stars Guests do not get in the way, December 2, 2009
This review is from: A Bit of Fry and Laurie - Season Four (DVD)
Laugh-In, SNL, BBC mysteries -- Fans of all will enjoy "A Bit of Fry & Laurie" Series Four. Guest stars visiting during this, the final Series (a/k/a season), are familiar to viewers who watch "Hamish Macbeth" and "Blue Murder" and "Waiting for God" and indirectly for viewers of "Keeping Up Appearances" plus "Three Portraits (by Alan Bennett)." This is in addition to all the folks who are happy to see more of a "non-House" Hugh Laurie. I'll have to look up some of the `other' things that Mr. Fry has been doing. Fry and Laurie can't just do duets, some of the skits need added players, so why not enjoy the guests too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Fry and Laurie, June 28, 2013
This review is from: A Bit of Fry and Laurie - Season Four (DVD)
The final series of Fry and Laurie.
Hilarious variety sketch comedy from a classic team.
As Hugh sings "Kickin' A**!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Fry and Laurie - Two Great Tastes that Taste Great Together!, August 29, 2014
Very, very funny! Can't wait to view the remaining episodes!

5.0 out of 5 stars British humor at its finest., August 22, 2014
This review is from: A Bit of Fry and Laurie - Season Four (DVD)
I love Fry and Lourie and got the whole set to enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe The Best, January 13, 2008
This review is from: A Bit of Fry and Laurie - Season Four (DVD)
Granted, I have not yet seen series 4, but so far I have enjoyed this series most of all. As someone else wrote, the bits range from "laugh out loud funny" to "silly but still funny." It's hard for something to make me laugh out loud, so this was an accomplishment. An Army office sketch reminded me of meetings I have been in (as a gov't employee), the music bits are great, there are a few times where Fry starts to break up just before a sketch or quick bit cuts, and seeing him do a cocktail dance at the end of each one is quite funny too. I'll play this one over again.

A Bit of Fry and Laurie - Season Four
A Bit of Fry and Laurie - Season Four by Hugh Laurie (DVD - 2007)
$24.98 $9.50