3.0 out of 5 stars Torture movie that felt different until the end. Acting and plot were good, ending was lame. I give it a C, January 6, 2011
Tony Heck (Belgrade, MT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bitter Feast (DVD)
An uptight cooking show host and head restaurant chef (LeGros)loses his jobs and takes his revenge on the critic (Leonard)that caused his downfall. After a scathing review from food critic JT Franks causes chef Peter Grey to lose his job at his restaurant, and the cancellation of his show, Grey kidnaps Franks and the torture begins. It sounds pretty cheesy but Grey reads reviews Franks has given and forces him to do better in order to eat the food he is preparing. The movie is slow moving in parts but overall a pretty good movie to watch. I was going to give it a B- mainly because the torture movie genre is all the same, but the last 20 minutes strayed away from the aspects that made this seem different and into "really, they are doing this??!".The ending brought the grade down, it could have been so much better. I give it a C.

3.0 out of 5 stars So So, July 5, 2013
KW "rookdad" (dallas, tx usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bitter Feast (DVD)
Don't buy the movie for Mario (which I did). If he didn't have the F'word for his minute and a half on screen, he'd have no lines. The gore was right at you. I thought the ending was ok, wrapped it up in a package.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bittersweet Thriller, February 16, 2011
This review is from: Bitter Feast (DVD)
There are some things that I liked about the culinary thriller Bitter Feast. It has a pretty good plot, the acting is good all around, and there are moments of decent suspense. However, there are just as many things that I disliked. The movie runs 104 minutes, which is probably about 15 minutes too long for the subject matter. The movie moves too slowly. Also, I can usually sympathize with the killer in these revenge movies. But in Bitter Feast, I didn't think that just getting a bad review by a food critic deserved all the pain and suffering that was doled out to said food critic. So Bitter Feast didn't whet my appetite, but it isn't entirely bitter either.

3.0 out of 5 stars If You Cook It Perfectly Than You Can Eat., March 24, 2013
This review is from: Bitter Feast (DVD)
It Was a Different Way To Go For a Movie. It Was Pretty Entertaining. I Like James Le Gros as an Actor. He Was Awesome in Phantasm II. I'm Glad I Have it in My Collection.

Bitter Feast
Bitter Feast by Joe Maggio (DVD - 2011)
$24.98 $13.79