Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern: Collection 1
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 5, 2007
This is a very entertaining show.With the lovable Andrew zimmern.He is a one of a kind guy.He has my dream job of traveling the world eating food.While doing that he also a journalist for boston magazine.Very nice guy.
on February 23, 2008
Me and my husband absolutely love this program. My husband especially likes the Phillipines because the people are friendly and they have good food. I like the one in Morocco, because I laugh over and over during the scene when he eats putrid meat, and hits his head with his hands. We enjoy it repeadedly.
on February 15, 2009
If the network had called this indigenous foods they might not have been picked up for another season. But call it bizarre - that works! Andrew Zimmern takes us around the planet in search of what we have deemed as bizarre foods but mostly. the foods he seeks are those that have been local staples sometimes for thousands of years. It isn't just the foods and places that makes this show so fascinating - but Andrew Zimmern is just completely delightful. He is fun, honorable and just plain sweet! I have to confess that one of the things on my list of things I would like to do before i kick the bucket - is dine with Andrew Zimmern. Two of my favorite episodes are in this collection - NY and the UK. Truly delightful, educational and fun! 10 stars!
on May 1, 2008
Always entertaining. I can even watch the repeats several times and not get bored.
on September 24, 2008
If it looks good, eat it! That is what can be heard by the lovable, laughable host, Andrew Zimmern. Andrew is a cook, a critic and an adventurer of the most extreme kind. He eats exotic, bizzare foods from all over the world. Bizzare by most American standards. He astounds me and my wife with each episode, giving his own thoughful description of each food he tries. Always kind hearted and aware of the native's culture, he only gives his opinion and respects the food and culture of others. "Always try it twice!" is another motto that can be heard throughout the episodes. I give this collection a 5 star rating and I cannot wait for collection 2.
on November 4, 2008
For those of you who have not had the good fortune of enjoying this show,
the show is a travel/food guide that cover the exotic foods of both exotic and local destinations. The guide Andrew Zimmern often partakes in the local activities, e.g. dances, hunt, etc. as well as food, and really has a good time bonding with the hosts that present him with the meal.
This is one of the best shows I've seen on TV, and definitely the best show regarding food.
Absolutely entertaining, and educational.
The show doesn't try to pretend that the cultural differences and preferences do not exist, but rather celebrates them in a good natured and humorous way.
on February 1, 2009
I love these two DVDs he is in New York and United Kingdom which are two of my favorites. He is also in Morrocco talk about Bizarre foods this country has brains and other organs I love it I can't believe what he will eat it is great. Andrew is great and he is so funny. I also believe he represents the United States really well when he goes into another country does not offend and is always so appreciative of the hospitality of the country he is in .
on July 20, 2008
Funny show; fun to watch, each episode is short and goes fast. No extras on the DVD, so what you see is what you get.
on February 23, 2010
Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods is really fun to watch, because he is so funny. His shows are educational, even if they can be rather disgusting at times.

Mr. Zimmern does something that no one else does, that I know of. He actually describes the food that he is eating. He tells viewers the taste, texture, and sometimes the smell of the food. He will even compare the more unusual foods to something more familiar to audiences in the United States.

When Amazon added the description of the set, they listed the episodes and locations included in the set. They completely forgot to add Mexico.

The only disappointing thing about this set is that they did not include subtitles.
on February 9, 2012
Wow! I did not know, right in New York, people ate bizarre foods such as live-lobster sushi, cockroach, and maggots before watching this. This set of 2 DVDs captivatingly and lively shows the exotic foods and interesting local people all over the world.

Below are some of the foods that Andrew tasted

- In New York: Live-lobster sushi, cockroach, maggots, scorpions, earthworm, tarantulas, durian, etc.

- In Mexico: Armadillo, grasshoppers, mosquito eggs, corn fungus, live bugs called jumiles (small stink bugs of the species Atizies taxcoensis). Yuk!

- In Gulf Coast: Nutria ( a kind of large rodents)

- United Kingdom: Haggis, jellied eels, tongue sausage, herring roe, etc.

In short, if you love travelling and exotic foods, you don't want to miss this one.