Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on February 15, 2009
My mother taught cooking - first in our home, then in a shop/school/restaurant she opened back in the 1970s. It was not unusual for me to eat sweetbreads or calves brains or raw meat back then - which gave me my foundation for a love of indigenous foods. That may have a bearing on why I just adore Andrew Zimmern and his series Bizarre Foods. He has a love of culture and treats the people who host his tours of different countries with such honor and respect. At the same time he fun, witty and charming. I find every episode of this collection as well as the first one exciting to watch. I cannot say enough nice things about the show itself as I feel there is an importance to people understanding true local foods and cultures that have not been tampered with by refined foods that frankly -are not doing us any good at all. I would rate this series 10 stars if I could. Who knew watching a man eat fish eyes could be so much fun!
Andrew Zimmern is the intrepid host of "Bizarre Foods" on the Travel Channel, and I have not missed a single episode! He is a wonderful host, taking a genuine interest in other cultures, always respectful and polite, and of course, adventurous in his culinary excursions! In this collection, some of the interesting and exotic cuisine to look forward to are lamb brains and goat testicles in Delhi, and rotten shark in Barcelona. Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods is a wonderful, fun way to explore other cultures and 'sample' their native foods from the comfort of one's own home!I'm a fan for life!
on April 24, 2015
You can't go wrong with Andrew. My students love his shows....it's one of my favorite shows.....very informative and entertaining.
on December 3, 2009
I got this collection for my hubby and he loves it. He actually watches how Andrew Zimmern digs eyeballs out of sheep heads and soulfully moaning slurps them down. And that's just an example of those 'Bizarre Foods'. All together the episodes are more entertaining than gross and you can actually watch them over and over and still be amused by wiggling worms and nicely plated rotten meat. Makes me wonder what Andrews wife cooks for dinner.
on February 13, 2013
Really interesting. Nice scenery of the countryside and a good explanation of some historical issues. Good connections with the Americas
on March 28, 2013
I ordered this for a friend of mine who loves the show and he was very pleased with the collection.
on November 6, 2014
Funny Guy. Informative. Makes me want to travel!
on March 24, 2015
It is fun. Good product and fast service.
on November 6, 2014
my bizarre foods collection is now complete
on November 16, 2012
I bought it as a gift to my father in law and he watches over and over...Needless to say I am very happy with this purchase! As always a pleasure to shop at Amazon.