Black Books 3 Seasons 2000
Amazon Instant Video
1. Cooking the Books When his corrupt accountant goes on the run, Bernard finds himself having to fill in his own tax return - not the easiest thing when you're mathematically illiterate. Perhaps some sort of crippling injury is the way out? Meanwhile, Fran discovers a Thing.
2. Manny's First Day Bernard offers up the accountant position while drunk and then does his best to get rid of his new employee by offering a one-day trial to see if the suspiciously modern-looking Manny is capable of the job. When the verdict goes against Manny, Fran steps in…
3. Grapes of Wrath Bernard and Manny are forced to accept a house-sitting job while the bookshop is being cleaned. Meanwhile, Fran's date with an available, attractive and charming man turns into disaster.
4. The Blackout Manny, hyper after a night of drinking too many espressos and watching an entire box-set of The Sweeney, is mistaken for a policeman after his high-speed pursuit of a purse thief. And Bernard is snubbed by the same people who invited him to a dinner party…
5. The Big Lock-Out Neither Bernard nor Manny can operate the newly installed security system for the shop, resulting in Bernard being locked out for the evening, while Manny is locked in. Meanwhile, Fran has a reunion with an old friend with an unbelievably sexy voice.
6. He's Leaving Home Manny leaves the shop when Bernard's relentless bossiness gets too much for him. But life is tough on the street, so when a photographer offers him a place to stay he's happy to take him up on the offer - even though the photographer has an unhealthy…
|Director||Graham Linehan, Nick Wood|
|Starring||Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey|
|Supporting actors||Tamsin Greig, Tony Bluto, Stephen Boswell, Daisy Campbell, Dominic Carter, Jeillo Edwards, Martin Freeman, John Macneill, Eamonn O'Neill, James O'Neill, Michael Parkhouse, Muriel Pavlow, Jack Pierce, Rupert Vansittart, Rosie Day|
|Producers||Karen Beever, William Burdett-Coutts, Julian Meers, Nira Park|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Definitly one of the greatest television shows I've ever seen; it's absolutely to die for.
"Charming," you ask? "The main character is a nasty, morose, chain-smoking drunk with a neurotic for a best friend and a bearded simpleton for an employee."
Dylan Moran as Bernard Ludwig Black, is a wonderful actor, and his facial expressions make me laugh before he has even said anything.
These characters are my alter-egos. I never tire of their misguided ways or their ability to make me laugh. I catch myself imagining opening a little shop called Nifty Gifty. Read morePublished 1 month ago by M. S. Blomgren
Great condition. I love this series, can't wait to get the next one.Published 1 month ago by tracey
I think I love this series more than I love the IT Crowd, and that is saying a lot. What can go wrong with a misanthropic book store owner, an abrasive and mostly unemployed female... Read morePublished 3 months ago by A.D.
Complete first series actually means first season. When I heard complete series, I thought that meant all of the episodes ever. Not so. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jesse
Bernard Black is a self-absorbed drunken curmudgeon who would be pathetic if he didn't live surrounded by other people as crazy as he is, in their own way. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Winefred's well
A british friend introduced me to this show. It is very funny. The very first episode made me think I wouldn't like it too much but by the second and third, I was hooked.Published 7 months ago by Lizzy