5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Vac....
Great little vac if you keep your car cleaned regularly. Don't expect it to do the job of the car wash vacuums,it wasn't designed to. But for a quick detail to get a little sand and crumbs up works great.
Published 3 months ago by ooindanight

1.0 out of 5 stars One BIG expensive disappointment
Published 11 months ago by Anzhel

1.0 out of 5 stars One BIG expensive disappointment, September 16, 2013
This review is from: Black & Decker BDH1220AV Automotive Dust Buster, 12-volt (Misc.)
Extremely disappointed from this model. I live in Denmark and here this vacuum cleaner costed me around 500 danish kroner (approx. 80 USD) And I have to say I knew that it wasn't like a powerful vacuum cleaner but how bad can it be? Bad enough that it can't "suck" little sand particles? Yes - that bad. It took me a lot of time to "clean" my car and even after that the result was like I was using a small broom - almost no result. The only "advantage" is that you are going to have a stable power supply and you won't have to worry about batteries (unless your car battery is dying).

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, not great, July 25, 2013
CCG (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
This vacuum has attachments that are really great for your car. I especially like the crevice tool, which is the narrowest I have seen available in a car vac. BUT, the suction is a bit on the weak side. Not terrible, just not super strong like you need to get all the dirt and stuff that gets tracked into your car.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not near enough power, August 8, 2013
For the price, I assumed mistakenly, that it would vacuum far more efficiently But, no, it has little power.I guess there isnt a lighter powered vacuum to do a decent job.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is the Suction?, May 28, 2014
I bought this to keep in my SUV so I wouldn't have to drag my heavy vacuum around to clean this vehicle. This barely picks up dust and light pet fur. Forget anything heavier, like light particles, sand, etc. Considering this product is 12-volt, my expectations were that it pick up dust and light debris. I don't think I was asking for too much and wonder why this product has positive reviews...? It now sits in the back of my SUV unused, pondering getting a refund but too irritated with the return process, and lugging my heavy machine around to clean my vehicle.

1.0 out of 5 stars scottie i need more power!, September 20, 2013
I read the reviews and saw complaints about power but figured hey how bad could it be? Well its bad really bad. The vacuum can barely pick up dust and if try and use the brush attachment you lose the minuscule power it had to begin with. Overall a complete flop but it did ship on time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough suction, September 2, 2013
It's ability to suck up dirt is so poor that it would be funny except for how much it costs. How bad is it? Let's say you should not by this for its functionality. Caveat emptor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to hopes, July 14, 2014
Richard Berson (SOUTH WINDSOR, CT, US) - See all my reviews
Not as powerful as I hoped and I have to use power from car. .NO electrical cord. Cumbersome to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars I had a lot of embedded crumbs on my car seat and this puppy sucked them all up in a jiffy, July 2, 2014
Works very well. I had a lot of embedded crumbs on my car seat and this puppy sucked them all up in a jiffy. Motor in my opinion is powerful enough.

One things that I learned that make sure that the car is running while using it for a prolonged period. It will drain your battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for the price, June 12, 2014
This little car vac is decent for the price. It is a little less powerful than I would have liked, but it gets the job done (eventually). Good for messes as they happen, but don't let 'em pile up like I did. In that case you're better off using your home vac with an extension cord.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for light jobs, May 8, 2014
This vacuum is not meant for big vacuum jobs, the suction is not very powerful. It is conveinent in the bag and the hose attachment helps. Would recommend for quick light messes but not for getting all the details.

Black & Decker BDH1220AV Automotive Dust Buster, 12-volt