5.0 out of 5 stars Black & Decker DustBuster.
This item is great. Very reasonably-priced and has worked like a charm. We have used it in the house, in our cars. Picks up crumbs and debris great. And easy to empty out. Highly recommend it.
Published 16 months ago by nisha waranch

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst DustBuster ever - AVOID!!!
I've owned several B&D DustBuster's in my life including the original from the early 80's. Since that time, overall design, battery performance, and suction has improved -- for the most part. They still all eventually die and therefore require replacement every few years.

Published on January 29, 2010 by TD99

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst DustBuster ever - AVOID!!!, January 29, 2010
TD99 (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black & Decker CHV7202 7.2-Volt Cordless Wet/Dry DustBuster (Kitchen)

Having great success with our impressively powerful 9.6V Dustbuster (model CHV9600, purchased in 2006), we picked up this 7.2V (model CHV7202) for the laundry room since it claims to be a wet/dry vac and I figured 7.2V would be close in performance to the 9.6V.

Boy was I wrong!

From Day One, the suction on this model was so poor, it couldn't even pick up tiny bits of dryer lint on the floor! Our 9.6V model could handle anything you could throw at (as long as the items fit through the opening). But this one? Not even close. To make matters worse, I mounted the charging unit on the wall only to find out that it's quite a challenge to actually "dock" the vac for charging due to it's poor design, so we almost never dock it. In fact, we now bring the 9.6V model upstairs to tackle the tasks that this one failed to do.

In short: I'm not sure who greenlighted this model over at B&D, but they should have been fired. Avoid this one at all costs and get the current 9.6V model (or above). We wanted to return ours, but we made this mistake of tossing out the box.

1.0 out of 5 stars DustBlower, February 27, 2009
Lucy (California) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Batteries die too quickly., December 1, 2008
I think we've had ours for five months or so. The batteries are so weak now that it'll barely pick up anything. I opened up the casing and it looks like it only has one rechargable battery...about the size of a single "C" battery. This wouldn't be so bad if you could maybe order a replacement battery, but this isn't an option, so whenever this dies you have to buy a whole new one. Great marketing by B & D, but very bad for our polluted planet.

1.0 out of 5 stars blows dusty air right into your eyes, April 29, 2012
Connie (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
I agree with the other users. The air that is discharged from the side vents goes straight into your eyes and nose. I have hard contacts so all of the small particles ended up between my eyes and my contacts and since I have allergies, my nose was all stuffed up after I used it. Finally, the dust ball in the back of my throat is really not a pleasant feeling either ...

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD, July 30, 2011
This women took the words rate out of my mouth when she said "All it does is take the dust from the floor and blow it straight into my eyes from the side vents in the unit. Its more of a torture to use it. It's a pain to clean out because all the debris that did manage to stay in the thing gets stuck to the foam piece in the dust bucket. Honestly a broom and pan is easier and less painfull." I had a cheeper dust buster before and it lasted for years and worked 100 time better. Tossing this one in the garbage and buying one that is not such a mess.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blows exhaust in your face, April 11, 2012
How has a company that has already designed a cordless vacuum that does not blow the exhausted air into your face later design one that does? Didn't they learn the proper design the first time, or am I supposed to think that it was an accident? Did they just figure people wouldn't mind since it was only 30 bucks? Maybe you gotta pay $40 to get the one they design that doesn't blow air into your face?

No idea, but this was poorly designed. There is no way I've found to use it without it blowing air into my face. Glad I have an older 14.4V model that doesn't do this. Strange.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good hand vac but no mounting stand, October 21, 2013
This vacuum is as represented, but it does not come with a mounting stand or anything to put it in, since it is rounded, it does not sit well anywhere you put it to charge, and the plug in cord is located on the bottom, inside a small indentation, so it is a bit annoying to put it away. All my others had charging mounts you could leave on floor or mount on wall, and those are much more convenient in my opinion.
Works fine but storage and charging are not as convenient as other models.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will it last?, October 14, 2013
My old Black and Decker seemed to hold its charge much longer than this one does... I was careful to charge it for a full 24 hour period before using it.

2.0 out of 5 stars not as good as before, August 9, 2012
This dust buster is not nearly as good as the old Black & Decker 9.6 volt wet/dry dust buster. I used the old one all the time, and loved it. The new one is less powerful, falls off its stand easily and unexpectedly so that it doesn't recharge, and is hard to take apart and put back together. I don't know what got into the people at B & D.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad design, May 2, 2010
I wanted to use it on carpet area in dining room, and in car. It does pick the dust (and other food particles etc), to blow it on my face and distribute fine particles all over the place. Highly disappointed with this product.