Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Black & Decker CHV7202 7.2-Volt Cordless Wet/Dry DustBuster
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 13, 2016
First off I am an electrician by career and play around with small electronics. I purchased this item brand new, charged it for over 20 hours (per instructions) and it lasted 15 seconds for what I thought was the batteries. After getting it to come back on after a small bumping test, I determined a battery terminal or wire was loose and proceeded to take it apart. Getting to the inside I find a bank of batteries and cheaply made parts (keep in mind this is only a $19 product) and find a loose connection that actually made a visible sparking short, and after only a few seconds caused a small wisp of smoke. At this point I turned it back off and felt obligated to post this message.
DON'T BUY THIS.
In my opinion the cheap manufacturing and hard metal connections to the batteries are a fire hazard. This is a battery connection and not a spark from the brushes in the motor on start up. I'm surprised it hasn't been recalled yet. I'm attempting to post a video of the inside parts that LIGHT up from the bad connections.
on August 9, 2012
This dust buster is not nearly as good as the old Black & Decker 9.6 volt wet/dry dust buster. I used the old one all the time, and loved it. The new one is less powerful, falls off its stand easily and unexpectedly so that it doesn't recharge, and is hard to take apart and put back together. I don't know what got into the people at B & D.
on April 9, 2014
Bought this brand new from the store. It can't hold a charge for more than 30 seconds of use. Shoots dust from the vents right into your face. Emailed B&D for service who were less than helpful, suggesting I "Drive 30 minutes to the nearest service center or pay to ship it". Why would I need to ship it when your company sold a faulty product?

Maybe I got unlucky, but judging by the other reviews, this seems to be the norm. I should have checked the reviews on this before buying. Lesson learned.
on August 16, 2013
I love this vac! I took a chance on it for the wet vac function. We have young dogs and a toddler, so the carpet is a target for liquids. It pulls liquid out of the carpet with no problem. It actually pulls up almost all the spillage leaving the carpet only slightly damp. You'll be surprised for such a small, low powered vac. Its also incredibly easy to clean out.
on October 21, 2013
This is a terrific little tool with excellent suction capability. It is the second one I have purchased and I was happy to find it still on the market. The negative reviews baffle me. I can't imagine why anyone would find something wrong with this vacuum.

Barbara G.
on May 2, 2010
I wanted to use it on carpet area in dining room, and in car. It does pick the dust (and other food particles etc), to blow it on my face and distribute fine particles all over the place. Highly disappointed with this product.
on October 14, 2013
My old Black and Decker seemed to hold its charge much longer than this one does... I was careful to charge it for a full 24 hour period before using it.
on February 15, 2012
I have two of these vacuums, thats how much I love it! It's so much easier to use this handy little vacuum in corners, hard to reach areas, & for cleaning up the seats & floors in your vehicle. Easy to use, store, and charges quick.
on September 10, 2011
This dustbuster has a really annoying design flaw. The "exhaust" vent throws the air right in your face. Since the filter used is very simple (a sponge) if you vacuum medium dusted surfaces, some of that dust does in fact come out through the rear and is blown right into your eyes.

Other than that, it does vacuum ok and is easy to clean but I would choose another one.
on August 26, 2011
There IS NO "wall-mountable charging base" as advertised (by Black and Decker also). It has the old charger output plug but with a newly-designed round vacuum body. The plug protrudes so the vacuum won't sit on a flat surface (rolls over); there is no handle/wall hook and no storage space for attachments as in the old model. It appears that I got the Black and Decker "mistake" model before they discovered their idioticy!